The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by baconbutty
money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life

Tbh it is. I don't believe any of that spiritual crap.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Tbh it is. I don't believe any of that spiritual crap.

a big house n all that *******s would be nice but im as happy as i can be when im listenin to music and going to festivals
Reply 4722
money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life

Lol you sound like my friends :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get you tbf.

Friendship is just as important as money tbh. I think it's a balance tho.
Original post by jam278
I get you tbf.

This. It's great to have friends and value them, but it isn't going to do much if you are broke.
Reply 4725
Original post by jam278
I get you tbf.

Depends how you choose your friends though. Often, you'll find that different people that enter your life serve different purposes (i.e not all of your friends will possess the same personalities)

It's a matter of getting the balance right, because with the right friend you could be equally as "successful" and still have a social life (so someone that shares the same path as you) or you could have just a friend that wouldn't necessarily help you get anywhere in life (so you'll end up sharing his/her path of enjoyment and not have much of an aim in life, for example)

Or, quite simply.. You could have both which means having the best of both worlds.

The CEO at the place I work told me that he met his "best friend" at the age of 21/22ish.. And they became so close because they shared the same path (they've been friends for 30ish years now) mainly because when you mature you find more people similar to you - the point here is that childhood friends don't always last (I've seen so myself actually)

Friends can have a huge effect on you if you wanna keep a balance between work & social life

ANYWAY - imagine we get Cavani, that'll mean PSG get Di Maria.. Which'll mean united will be PISSED LOLOL

I hope it's all dependent on next Wednesday, in which case I hope we win
(edited 9 years ago)
what respectable man wants to work 80-120 hours a week in life that is losing in my book how would you find time to shuffle to some house and bang sluts

The one who wants to be paid bucket loads or working towards being paid bucket loads?

How else do you buy those fancy tickets at the Emirates/Old Trafford?
that moment you realise we will have to rotate YAYA and Giroud for another 4th place finish, and how few strikers are actually available on the market.

another sideways transfer window:unimpressed:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by barneystin
that moment you realise we will have to rotate YAYA and Giroud for another 4th place finish, and how few strikers are actually available on the market.

another sideways transfer window:unimpressed:

Lol

Who says you're getting 4th?
The streak has to end at some point...
It won't end this season.
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Lol

Who says you're getting 4th?
The streak has to end at some point...

we aint getting top 3 :rofl:

If we're top 2 by March...

Dont expect to win L/FA Cup as the elements of luck involved in draws etc. the laws of probability suggests it's probably not our year again
probably will get past last 16 in CL.

the icing on the cake will be when we sign a LB in January, and still no DMF/ CF

#foreversideways
(edited 9 years ago)
Wow! Could this really happen?!
Love how you guys went off topic there for a bit above. If that was the girls a few months back, we'd be getting the ear full. (Good discussion tho, bless).
Original post by studnetMo
Wow! Could this really happen?!

That's just the BBC's gossip column, where they sum up all the bull**** rumours from lesser news sources, hence extremely unreliable.
Reply 4734
Isn't it irritating how the post office will only give you the most expensive option voluntarily?

I went to send off my decleration letter right, and the chap behind the till goes "£6.40 :biggrin:"

And I'm like, what? Why? He then goes "so it'll arrive by Tuesday :biggrin: :biggrin:"

So I go ok, is there another option?

And he's like "umm yeah, £1.72, but it'll take SOO much longer" sooo I'm like how long? To which he replies "two days :biggrin:"

And I'm just like =_= man **** you
Original post by barneystin
we aint getting top 3 :rofl:

If we're top 2 by March...

Dont expect to win L/FA Cup as the elements of luck involved in draws etc. the laws of probability suggests it's probably not our year again
probably will get past last 16 in CL.

the icing on the cake will be when we sign a LB in January, and still no DMF/ CF

#foreversideways

At what point did I say you'd get higher than 4th? :wink:

Honestly though, I don't think the top 4 will change - even with LVGoat united still look meh.
If that happens, it doesn't really matter who gets 4th and who gets 3rd between is.

I think Everton away this weekend will be a test for you guys.

With regards to a cup, I really hope we get something, even just a league cup!
Original post by SHOO
Isn't it irritating how the post office will only give you the most expensive option voluntarily?

I went to send off my decleration letter right, and the chap behind the till goes "£6.40 :biggrin:"

And I'm like, what? Why? He then goes "so it'll arrive by Tuesday :biggrin: :biggrin:"

So I go ok, is there another option?

And he's like "umm yeah, £1.72, but it'll take SOO much longer" sooo I'm like how long? To which he replies "two days :biggrin:"

And I'm just like =_= man **** you

wtf :rofl:
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
At what point did I say you'd get higher than 4th? :wink:

Reply 4738
Barneystin and Heiljoe are the same dupes if anyone remembers that guy

Also the quality of the thread has been absolute dire recently.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AR_95
Barneystin and Heiljoe are the same dupes if anyone remembers that guy

Also the quality of the thread has been absolute dire recently.

Without taking shots, this has always been the worst thread on football forum for footballing discussion. Mainly due to Arsenal fans.

Latest