The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaisyTwilight
Wow, we're posting a lot this year! You're back in school already?

Finally someone else who goes back on the 2nd! Most people on this thread go back on the 3rd, it's not fair!

I have inset day on the 2nd mwhahaha ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliwhi

Posted from TSR Mobile
My inset day is on the 1st :nooo:
Original post by Elliwhi
Thank you ^_^ I remember doing Grade 5.... Man I really screwed up that exam D; Had to restart my A piece 5 times because I was shaking so much XD Just scraped a pass with 103/150 in the end XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

My hands shake so much in the exam! In grade one, I failed sight reading but managed to get 127 overall! Sometimes, my mind just goes blank; in grade 3 I completely forgot how to play b minor (I always remember that moment whenever I play that scale) :smile: I guess everyone has an exam that goes horribly wrong
Original post by tabithacrazy
My hands shake so much in the exam! In grade one, I failed sight reading but managed to get 127 overall! Sometimes, my mind just goes blank; in grade 3 I completely forgot how to play b minor (I always remember that moment whenever I play that scale) :smile: I guess everyone has an exam that goes horribly wrong

Oh my gosh my heart is like pounding out of my chest whenever I go into the exam room. I'm getting better with my nerves now but I remember doing an audition at my school and that my nerves just took over me completely. D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elliwhi
You live in England, right? O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooo haha I live in Hong Kong :P, and as you may have noticed due to my name i'm an Indian.

But I often go to London to visit both my elder sister whos doing Econ in LSE and my 2nd older sister whos in UCL, visiting is expensive as heck :P Its an awesome place though :smile:

We're doing International GCSEs though so our syllabus may be sort of different from GCSEs in Sciences, but nothing else.
Original post by DaisyTwilight
Wow, we're posting a lot this year! You're back in school already?

Yeah :/
Original post by Elliwhi
Oh my gosh my heart is like pounding out of my chest whenever I go into the exam room. I'm getting better with my nerves now but I remember doing an audition at my school and that my nerves just took over me completely. D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, luckily so far all my examiners have been so nice and that usually helps my nerves go away! Usually when I start playing I feel a lot better :smile: it's worse after the exam when I realise all my mistakes and think of things that I could have done better! Are you doing abrsm?
Original post by Elliwhi

Posted from TSR Mobile

We go back on the third because the teachers have two inset days on the 1st and 2nd! Yayyyy
Original post by tabithacrazy
Same, luckily so far all my examiners have been so nice and that usually helps my nerves go away! Usually when I start playing I feel a lot better :smile: it's worse after the exam when I realise all my mistakes and think of things that I could have done better! Are you doing abrsm?

Lucky! I'm grade 5 examiner was so horrible. I started playing F major when he said F minor and I was like IDK HOW TO PLAY F MINOR THEREFORE IM GOING TO PLAY MAJOR AS MY ANSWER XD

My grade 6 examiner was so nice though ~~~~~~

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adityac3688
Nooo haha I live in Hong Kong :P, and as you may have noticed due to my name i'm an Indian.

But I often go to London to visit both my elder sister whos doing Econ in LSE and my 2nd older sister whos in UCL, visiting is expensive as heck :P Its an awesome place though :smile:

We're doing International GCSEs though so our syllabus may be sort of different from GCSEs in Sciences, but nothing else.

Oh o_o

I live in England and I'm doing IGCSE for all my compulsory subjects :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys go to private schools?
Hey you guys, any proper keen yr 10's thinking about Cambridge University? You might want to check this guy out on youtube - He's a Cambridge Compsci and vlogs his life at Cambridge. Great insight into Cambridge University!!
Check him out here - https://www.youtube.com/user/jaketvee
Original post by adityac3688

I lived in Hong Kong and went to school there when I was younger! Do you speak Cantonese or Mandarin? Or do you go to a school that speaks English? :smile:
Reply 673
I'm a little late to this thread but here goes.

I'm taking nine GCSE's. English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Religious Studies, Double Award Science, Spanish, History, and Drama

I enjoy writing, debating, swimming and gaming.

I'm kind of looking forward to Year 10 because I won't have to deal with all the subjects that I hated in Year 9 e.g. French and Art.
Original post by Haysaurus

Yes. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
I go to a public school...
One of us is private schooled :yep:
Why do you ask? :curious:

Was that an indirect at me? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
um extra post that I don't want D:
Original post by Haysaurus

I don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wanted to confirm myself cuz a lot of people on here picked subjects that a state school doesn't offer.
Original post by Mr...
We start on the 3rd too :five:
We have inset on the 1st and then the school is only open for new Y7s and 12s on the 2nd

That's cool, our school doesn't have a sixth form and the year sevens have their induction day in the summer term! Do you think you will stay at your school for year 12&13? :smile:

Latest