The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by Sarah Bethany
When you say 3 marks are you talking about raw marks or UMS?

Edit: I checked and you're talking about UMS - you could get a remark and hope that you get an extra couple of marks, however it's not likely in a subject like physics and you risk losing marks as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is ums marks. Would it be possible to get all 4 of my physics units getting remarked an hoping there will be some marks to help me achieve the B grade. As I did triple science which includes my coursework p123 456 and 7 ?
I think my PE teacher got my practical grade wrong or it may have been entered wrong as all year I as told that I was on a secure/High C however after getting my results it said a D as my practical,is it worth looking into and if yes what should I do?
Original post by npba
Yes it is ums marks. Would it be possible to get all 4 of my physics units getting remarked an hoping there will be some marks to help me achieve the B grade. As I did triple science which includes my coursework p123 456 and 7 ?

You can get them all remarked except for the coursework as your school would have to get everyones remarked :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the UMS required for an A* in AQA Geography?
Original post by musicisellipsis

What's the GCSE out of? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, thank you!!!
Wow, thank you!!!

No problem :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AudiophileSam
What time are the grade boundaries released?

I think they've been released now :smile: Good luck :redface:
I don't have any marks for my maths GCSE exam from edexcel and my additional maths mark from OCR
Original post by npba

You shouldn't get subjects like maths and science remarked, as they have strict markings. However, subjects like English it's better to get remarked if you want to, because the examiner may have marked it based on their judgement. For example, your answer may be good according to one person, but bad for another.

However, with maths and science they have a set markscheme. You're either right or you are wrong. Talk to your teachers about what they think if you really want to get it remarked, as it's unlikely for your grade to change

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is the deadline for remarks?
Original post by iamabbie97
What is the deadline for remarks?

20th September

Posted from TSR Mobile
20th September

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exams are you planning on getting remarked??
Original post by GrandMasti

Thank you! My Sustainable exam in OCR geography, it was 2 UMS off an A*, and the overall geography qualification was 2 UMS off an A*. I thought it was the best exam out of all of them (all 16 gcse exams I did) but it didn't turn out to be, and also in the other geography exam (that I didn't finish) I got an A* and I was super confused.
Thank you! My Sustainable exam in OCR geography, it was 2 UMS off an A*, and the overall geography qualification was 2 UMS off an A*. I thought it was the best exam out of all of them (all 16 gcse exams I did) but it didn't turn out to be, and also in the other geography exam (that I didn't finish) I got an A* and I was super confused.

???
???

Just 1 GCSE geography exam

English Language (1 mark off A*) and English Literature (2 marks off A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just 1 GCSE geography exam

Ohh.. okay. I was thinking about getting my AQA Business Studies Unit 1 remarked, but then thought to myself that 9 UMS was extremely unlikely to obtain haha :biggrin:
English Language (1 mark off A*) and English Literature (2 marks off A*)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds good. You are very likely to get bumped up to an A* in at least one, if not both, English subjects :wink:

Latest