The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PaulHugh
Ohh right. So if you are homeschooled your parents decide how many hours of tuition they want to pay for?

I would imagine so
Original post by tabithacrazy

I agree, people are obsessed with what they are wearing! People also spend tons of money on getting hair and makeup done too! At our prom, everyone meets at school and then we get a coach to the venue (basically to make sure that no one is drunk or anything) so it's kind of pointless getting a limo :smile: I might go to an after party to, they sound like more fun than the prom itself :biggrin:

Definitely agree, the prom itself seems way too organised!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bullscheiße
Definitely agree, the prom itself seems way too organised!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know what you mean, my brother ended up sat with his friends at a table with the headteacher, the chaplain and a chemistry teacher! I would have felt so awkward sat with the headteacher because you would feel like you would have to be on your best behaviour :teehee:

They also do prom king and prom queen which is basically a huge popularity contest!
Hey guys I am kind of busy now is it OK if I complete the application later

and is my gender showing?
Original post by Mr...
Math
English Lang
English Lit
Triple Science
French
Geography
History
Additional Math
Statistics
RS

A pretty nice selection I think :bigsmile:

Are you doing Duke of Edinburgh or anything? We had an extra option block with additional courses to replace an hour of PE so I chose DofE
Hey guts is it OK if I fill in the application later as I am sorta busy?
Yeah I know what you mean, my brother ended up sat with his friends at a table with the headteacher, the chaplain and a chemistry teacher! I would have felt so awkward sat with the headteacher because you would feel like you would have to be on your best behaviour :teehee:

They also do prom king and prom queen which is basically a huge popularity contest!

My school's had 5 headteachers in 3 years, so they should be on their best behaviour around us! Popularity contests are always won by the best looking people for some reason...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:lol: It is scary :ninja:

O_O It is, actually xD
Original post by Bullscheiße
My school's had 5 headteachers in 3 years, so they should be on their best behaviour around us! Popularity contests are always won by the best looking people for some reason...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's true, the people who win are always the best looking!! I wonder why...

5 headteachers in three years!!! Wow! That's a lot!!! Our headteacher has been at our school for quite some time now, not entirely sure how long but its probably around 8 or 9 years!
Original post by Mr...
I'm doing DofE too :yep: I am still sorting out each section but so far I'm doing

Rugby 7s: Physical
Debating and Public Speaking: Skill
Library and Charity Shop: Volunteering

I swear I must be the only person NOT doing DofE :P
Had to go uniform shopping and we've almost reached fifty pages, woop!
Original post by Haysaurus
Do you guys go to private schools?

Nah, state school :smile:

Original post by Mr...
I might go to my school's sixth form, I am not wait too sure...
I have my eye on another one but I have't put too much thought into it... :dontknow:

Come to my school's sixth form :unimpressed:
Original post by Mr...
I'm doing DofE too :yep: I am still sorting out each section but so far I'm doing

Rugby 7s: Physical
Debating and Public Speaking: Skill
Library and Charity Shop: Volunteering

What about you?

:lol:

We are starting in September so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing for each section yet, I think that for volunteering I am going to help out either at church or at a local nursing home and for skill I will probably just improve my piano playing :smile: I think for physical we are all doing walking or something like that which is good because I'm not really that sporty but walking in the lakes is fine :smile:
Original post by SmiggleWiggle
Hey guts is it OK if I fill in the application later as I am sorta busy?

I'm sure that's ok.
Original post by Mr...
Sorry for only picking out one part of your introduction :smile:
I would love to write and publish a novel series :yep: :five:
What kind of books do you like? Also how well can you play guitar? :curious:

Don't worry I am sure that you'll do fine next year! :tongue:

I really love classics and modern classics, like To Kill A Mockingbird, 1984, The Catcher In The Rye ect. - How about you?
I am okayish at playing the guitar, according to my teacher I play at a grade 4/5 level, but we avoid doing music grades, as it'd be way too stressful *-*
Dreading year 10 but I'll work hard and do extra work so we'll see c:
Original post by Mr...
:teehee:

Sure thang :lol: :biggrin:

:lol: I am trying to get gold by Y12, what about you? :smile:

Samez, bronze in y10, silver in y11, gold in y12! I'm really looking forward to it!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Mr...
Interesting, I love political fantasies like 1984 also dystopias and epic fantasies :love:

You should try and get examined for it. It could help your UCAS in the future :fyi:

Don't worry about Y10, I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:

You like dystopias? Have you read the hunger games and divergent? :smile:
Original post by DaisyTwilight
Hello Charlotte! We seem to have pretty similar options, as I'm also doing Maths, English Language, English Literature, Core Science, Additional Science, Religious Studies, Graphics and History, but I'm also doing French and Computing instead of Statistics and Art. Which subjects are you most looking forward to?

I also love reading and writing stories myself. What genres of books do you like? I particularly like YA fantasy or science fiction.

I'd love to be able to paint, I'm pretty rubbish at it!

Have a nice day :smile:

Oooh wow high five for having similar options to me!! I was going to take French but I really struggle with languages so I dropped it for RS, I hope you enjoy it though! I am most looking forward to Art, RS, and History. How about you?

I really love classics and modern classics, but I also enjoy autobiographies such as Life Of Pi and 12 Years A Slave! Fantasy books are awesome too, but I prefer sci-fi films and TV shows to sci-fi books.

I'm awful at acrylic painting and I've never tried oil painting, but I prefer watercolour painting - it is so much easier so I definitely recommend it as a good starter medium for painting B) What other hobbies do you do?
Original post by Mr...
Interesting, I love political fantasies like 1984 also dystopias and epic fantasies :love:

You should try and get examined for it. It could help your UCAS in the future :fyi:

Don't worry about Y10, I'm sure you'll do fine :biggrin:

I'd love to get examined for it, I'm hoping we study similar books in year 10, and hopefully not too much of Shakespeare is involved as we studied Shakespeare to death in year 8;-;

Do you like The Hunger Games? One of my all time favourite books!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mychemblink182
I'd love to get examined for it, I'm hoping we study similar books in year 10, and hopefully not too much of Shakespear is involved as we studied Shakespear to death in year 8;-;

Do you like The Hunger Games? One of my all time favourite books!

The hunger games is one of my all time favourite books too!!! If you like the hunger games, I would definitely reccomend divergent! :smile:
The hunger games is one of my all time favourite books too!!! If you like the hunger games, I would definitely reccomend divergent! :smile:

I shall have to give it a try a some point, I have a massive book list I have to complete first;-;

Latest