The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What does everyone think our line-up will be tomorrow?

Giroud
Cazorla - Ozil - Sanchez
Wilshere - Ramsey
Monreal - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
Szczesny
Reply 4761
Original post by BenAssirati
What does everyone think our line-up will be tomorrow?

Giroud
Cazorla - Ozil - Sanchez
Wilshere - Ramsey
Monreal - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
Szczesny

I think it'll be a Ramsey - Flamini start but apart from that, that line up is probably what we'll see

Excited as **** to see Ozil & Sanchez

Wenger might even unleash Campbell tomorrow who knows :/
Original post by SHOO
I think it'll be a Ramsey - Flamini start but apart from that, that line up is probably what we'll see

Excited as **** to see Ozil & Sanchez

Wenger might even unleash Campbell tomorrow who knows :/

I get what you mean, Everton completely destroyed us in that 3-0 game so Wilshere might be too weak to hack it tomorrow. Still, Flamini hasn't had many minutes this season in friendlies etc, who knows.

UGH don't tempt me. Ozil + Sanchez + Ramsey...

Since we do not have Walcott, Diaby, Gnabry and Sanogo is still 50/50 on his injury, might we see both Podolski AND Campbell?
Reply 4763
I get what you mean, Everton completely destroyed us in that 3-0 game so Wilshere might be too weak to hack it tomorrow. Still, Flamini hasn't had many minutes this season in friendlies etc, who knows.

UGH don't tempt me. Ozil + Sanchez + Ramsey...

Since we do not have Walcott, Diaby, Gnabry and Sanogo is still 50/50 on his injury, might we see both Podolski AND Campbell?

Perhaps.. but Podolski doesn't possess the work ethic to play vs Everton at Goodison Park lol, I hope wenger realises that..

I would really love to see this:

Campbell/Sanchez
Cazorla Ozil Campbell/Sanchez
Ramsey Flamini
Usual back 5 (dunno if Gibbs is ready yet?)

With Ox to replace Cazorla sometime during the second half..

Wenger doesn't even like using Ox on the wings anymore =\
Original post by SHOO
Perhaps.. but Podolski doesn't possess the work ethic to play vs Everton at Goodison Park lol, I hope wenger realises that..

Campbell/Sanchez
Ramsey Flamini

With Ox to replace Cazorla on sometime during the second half..

Wenger has gone off Ox for some reason, and I don't see why. Along with Ramsey etc he is the future of the club.

Gibbs is injured so we have to make do with Nacho and hope he doesn't screw up. I would agree with your line up, but play it like:

Sanchez
Chamberlain - Ozil - Campbell
Flamini - Ramsey

I think Sanchez should be deployed up front, as he doesn't seem 100% comfortable tracking back and playing most of his football on the half-way line, as is the way with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Campbell is much more at home down the wings and covering his defenders, and although Sanchez is energetic and good at closing down players, he gives away too many fouls in threatening areas to be viable. Cazorla is also in terrible form, being lazy and not producing accurate passes etc. Sit him out and let Chamberlain play a match.
Reply 4765
Original post by SHOO

Campbell/Sanchez
Ramsey Flamini

With Ox to replace Cazorla sometime during the second half..

Because Ox isn't a winger
Original post by AR_95

Neither is Cazorla.

He's terrible out wide, at least the Ox will scare the opposite more than Santi does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4767
Original post by AR_95

Nor is Cazorla.
Reply 4768
Wenger has gone off Ox for some reason, and I don't see why. Along with Ramsey etc he is the future of the club.

Gibbs is injured so we have to make do with Nacho and hope he doesn't screw up. I would agree with your line up, but play it like:

Sanchez
Chamberlain - Ozil - Campbell
Flamini - Ramsey

I think Sanchez should be deployed up front, as he doesn't seem 100% comfortable tracking back and playing most of his football on the half-way line, as is the way with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Campbell is much more at home down the wings and covering his defenders, and although Sanchez is energetic and good at closing down players, he gives away too many fouls in threatening areas to be viable. Cazorla is also in terrible form, being lazy and not producing accurate passes etc. Sit him out and let Chamberlain play a match.

Yeah, Ox would be so much better out wide. I don't understand that in the absence of Ozil, why Wenger didn't just go with Cazorla through the middle? The guy is much much better there..

Also, why isnt' Campbell getting game time? =\

Original post by Peggles_*
Neither is Cazorla.

He's terrible out wide, at least the Ox will scare the opposite more than Santi does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. I don't even get the need to play him centrally. He's performed a lot better on the wing and centrally, we already have Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere who are better than Ox in the middle. With Ramsey and Wilshere's ages.. I don't even see Ox being playing there - like ever (unless they're injured) so if that's what Wenger plans to do then it'll really slow down Ox's development.

It would be so perfect for Ox and the team if hes unleashed on the left - he was power and pace and a reaaaaaal good work ethic, and he can scare the opposition like you said.

Also, Ox's dribbling is better than some people make it out to be.. he's earned us quite a few penalties by skipping through the box lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SHOO
Yeah, Ox would be so much better out wide. I don't understand that in the absence of Ozil, why Wenger didn't just go with Cazorla through the middle? The guy is much much better there..

Also, why isnt' Campbell getting game time? =\

Exactly. I don't even get the need to play him centrally. He's performed a lot better on the wing and centrally, we already have Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere who are better than Ox in the middle. With Ramsey and Wilshere's ages.. I don't even see Ox being playing there - like ever (unless they're injured) so if that's what Wenger plans to do then it'll really slow down Ox's development.

It would be so perfect for Ox and the team if hes unleashed on the left - he was power and pace and a reaaaaaal good work ethic, and he can scare the opposition like you said.

Also, Ox's dribbling is better than some people make it out to be.. he's earned us quite a few penalties by skipping through the box lol

Exactly! Cazorla is possibly the worst winger option for the club, and he plays all of his best football as CAM. It makes more sense that you put the creativity down the middle, and pace down the wings (I mean come on, even Gnabry was brilliant when played as a winger). As for Campbell, it genuinely is a mystery. It is obvious Wenger wants him to be a part of the club, because he point blank refused to sell him to Galatasaray. Perhaps Campbell has an injury we don't know about, or hasn't been any good in training?
Original post by AR_95

Ox is a brilliant winger. He has the pace to beat players, the skill and power required to move the ball sufficiently, and the natural abilities to score from anywhere. I distinctly remember him hitting the bar from outside the area multiple times last season, which for an Arsenal player is unheard of (it seems to be taboo for us to shoot from outside the box, bar Giroud's Community Shield goal).
Is Ozil even fit? Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tbh.
Reply 4772
Original post by SHOO
Nor is Cazorla.

Ox is a brilliant winger. He has the pace to beat players, the skill and power required to move the ball sufficiently, and the natural abilities to score from anywhere. I distinctly remember him hitting the bar from outside the area multiple times last season, which for an Arsenal player is unheard of (it seems to be taboo for us to shoot from outside the box, bar Giroud's Community Shield goal).

Original post by Peggles_*
Neither is Cazorla.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's quite obvious who Arsene values more. Santi at his best I'd still put above Ox but clearly he's been far from that recently. Age and experience is probably why Santi is picked over Ox so don't expect it to change this season unless the team is in an injury crisis, pretty much like last season..

In no way am I saying Santi should be starting however.
Reply 4773
Original post by AR_95
It's quite obvious who Arsene values more. Santi at his best I'd still put above Ox but clearly he's been far from that recently. Age and experience is probably why Santi is picked over Ox so don't expect it to change this season unless the team is in an injury crisis, pretty much like last season..

In no way am I saying Santi should be starting however.

It's peak - because centrally Cazorla is better, and out wide Ox is better.

Cazorla doesn't have the attributes to play out wide, that's why you'll often catch him trying to cut in and create chances - meaning we have no creativity on the left flank.. Which is why people get so irritated with cazorla because essentially, he isn't doing what's required of him.

Ramsey was played on the wing in the 12-13 season too and look how **** he played that season?

Ox has all the attributes of a winger, and is fearless when it comes to shooting too so I much rather prefer him on the left, regardless or what people say about his "natural position"
Reply 4774
Exactly! Cazorla is possibly the worst winger option for the club, and he plays all of his best football as CAM. It makes more sense that you put the creativity down the middle, and pace down the wings (I mean come on, even Gnabry was brilliant when played as a winger). As for Campbell, it genuinely is a mystery. It is obvious Wenger wants him to be a part of the club, because he point blank refused to sell him to Galatasaray. Perhaps Campbell has an injury we don't know about, or hasn't been any good in training?

Central players don't have the attitudes the play out wide (most of them anyway) so it just doesn't work..

Campbell is on the bench though so :/ maybe Wenger is waiting? But for what :/ in some games we're crying out for pace LOL

I rate Gnabry so highly, I hope he doesn't leave & remains integral to our future plans.. He's gonna be a beast
Original post by SHOO

I rate Gnabry so highly, I hope he doesn't leave & remains integral to our future plans.. He's gonna be a beast

what do you base this on?

from what i've seen of him, he's certainly no Sterling or Adnan.
Reply 4776
Original post by barneystin

How much game time has Gnabry had compared to Sterling or Adnan? They're essentially first team players for their respective clubs and Gnabry made a handful of appearences and even then he's been decisive - Assist vs spurs in the FA cup & I remember he got a winning goal (first ever for him in the PL) in jan.. Forgot against who.

I base my opinion purely on talent & potential because there is nothing else to go by. We can't compare him to Adnan or Sterling because they play far too many more games than Gnabry.

Gnabry can be compared to someone like Jordan Ibe.. Both young and barely get game time - in which case Gnabry is MILES ahead.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by barneystin

I agree with this, I'am not a big fan of Gnabry lacks intelligence imo. Sterling or Adnan far better and technically gifted
Reply 4778
Original post by sevchenko
I agree with this, I'am not a big fan of Gnabry lacks intelligence imo. Sterling or Adnan far better and technically gifted

I don't think we've seen enough if him to compare him to the likes of Sterling and Adnan.

Intelligence comes from experience and compared to the Sterling & Adnan, Gnabry barely has any..

With time he'll develop into a beast im think

But then again only time will tell - I hope Wenger utilises him
If he had Sterling's talent surely he would be playing. there is no way that sterling would be sitting on our bench as much as Gnabry does.

Latest