never knew that, well if you could please also tell me how hard OCR MEI is too
Reply 3
Original post by VonDoom
AQA Chemistry
AQA Biology
AQA Physics
OCR Maths
OCR Further Maths

AQA chemistry is fairly straightforward. Not any difficult content but the ISA (coursework) is messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by mmp97
AQA chemistry is fairly straightforward. Not any difficult content but the ISA (coursework) is messed up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

For my GCSE's I got a B in my ISA, 38/50, managed to score 100%, 94% and 90% in C1,2,3.

May be able to do the same magic here even tho there is a big jump.
But I am going to revise so hard for my A levels.
Original post by VonDoom
*Mindblow*

never knew that, well if you could please also tell me how hard OCR MEI is too

Haha well Core in MEI is rather easy at AS
C1 is just A* GCSE topics
C2 trig, differentiation and integration (super simple!) logarithms (hardest part), Circles, sequences and series (normally easy to practice but always hardest exam questions :lol:)

FP1 for further is rather challenging and takes a while to understand

it depends on the applied units how hard it is, for example most find Mechanics hard and decision easy,
personally i found M1 easy, M2 rock solid, D1 hard at first but same questions every year nearly so became easy after a while

theres also stats but no-one likes stats, it's boring (supposed to be easy but i wouldn't know )

I think you'll be fine if you got an A at GCSE really and you put work into it :h:

best of luck :h:
Original post by VonDoom
AQA Chemistry
AQA Biology
AQA Physics
OCR Maths
OCR Further Maths

Loved AQA for science, nicely laid out straightforward syllabuses (unlike the train wreck that is OCR Chemistry:tongue:)
I personally like the ISA practical exams, much nicer than coursework. tbh AQA biology ISA is a cakewalk, I couldn't believe how ridiculously easy they were!

Maths is similar whichever syllabus you do, but some include content that others don't. I did edexcel so I don't know much about OCR, but I've heard that the textbooks are less clear and OCR MEI is considered very hard - I think (please correct me anyone who knows better) because it has more advanced calculus at A2.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by VonDoom
For my GCSE's I got a B in my ISA, 38/50, managed to score 100%, 94% and 90% in C1,2,3.

May be able to do the same magic here even tho there is a big jump.
But I am going to revise so hard for my A levels.

You've done about the same as I did in chemistry exams. I personally didn't find that there was much of a jump; AS chemistry has been relatively easy. You've got the right attitude going into year 12 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by mmp97
You've done about the same as I did in chemistry exams. I personally didn't find that there was much of a jump; AS chemistry has been relatively easy. You've got the right attitude going into year 12 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, just hope I get all A's

Quick Reply

Latest