The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Crewe Flats Sheffield

Hello, I lived in Crewe flats a year ago and its one of the accommodation places that dont have much info so I thought I'd put pictures and what not on.

Crewe isn't in actual Endcliffe, its a 5 minute walk from the Edge through a slight snicket and next to Stephenson Hall accommodation.

Crewe has a massive garden around it, with tennis courts at the bottom of the hill and a police station. It also has its own laundrette underneath flat A so you dont have to drag all your washing to the edge. The laundrette has three washing machines and three dryers and can get rather busy in the evenings. It costs 2.40 for a 34 minute wash and 1.20 for a 50 minute dry.

I lived in Flat B and it was a 10 room flat split across three floors. There is a bathroom on each floor and between 3-4 bedrooms. The kitchen has 2 ovens and 2 fridges and freezes and a kitchen table that can fit everyone round. The bedrooms are much larger than in Endcliffe and each room comes with a wardrobe, a sink, desk, single bed with storage underneath and a bookshelf.

Most of the flats are like this but if anyone has any questions, ill be happy to answer :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do most rooms have sinks w. Mirror then? I'm in flat F this year and I'm reaallly hoping for a sink in my room... :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by Clairemcgregor
Do most rooms have sinks w. Mirror then? I'm in flat F this year and I'm reaallly hoping for a sink in my room... :smile:

All rooms have a sink with a mirror yes :P The hot water is painfully hot though
Reply 3
Original post by Poshboy2013
All rooms have a sink with a mirror yes :P The hot water is painfully hot though

Omg i am so relieved. Thank you :biggrin: haha well better than no hot water at all I guess
Reply 4
Also, sorry to ask so many questions but do you by any chance know what floor flat F is on?
Reply 5
Also, sorry to ask so many questions but do you by any chance know what floor flat F is on?

Flat f is to the left of my old flat B. It will be the first building as you walk in and it says FAG on. Your flat is on the third floor I think and if my memory serves me right I think you have a slightly smaller flat but because your building is the same as Flats A and G you all interact :P The picture where there is a table tennis table in the garden, your flat is to the left of that, just off the picture :smile:
Reply 6

https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/41189844.jpg

This is the only picture I can find that only just has your flat on. So Flat B is the one in the centre and to the left of the stairs is where the entrance to flat A, F and G will be :smile:
Reply 7
https://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/41189844.jpg

This is the only picture I can find that only just has your flat on. So Flat B is the one in the centre and to the left of the stairs is where the entrance to flat A, F and G will be :smile:

Sorry for the spam but here it is. You'll be the second floor not the third, my apologies

http://s96.photobucket.com/user/singingsally1/media/18Enteringourlittleblockofthreeflat.jpg.html
Reply 8
Hello, I lived in Crewe flats a year ago and its one of the accommodation places that dont have much info so I thought I'd put pictures and what not on.

Crewe isn't in actual Endcliffe, its a 5 minute walk from the Edge through a slight snicket and next to Stephenson Hall accommodation.

Crewe has a massive garden around it, with tennis courts at the bottom of the hill and a police station. It also has its own laundrette underneath flat A so you dont have to drag all your washing to the edge. The laundrette has three washing machines and three dryers and can get rather busy in the evenings. It costs 2.40 for a 34 minute wash and 1.20 for a 50 minute dry.

I lived in Flat B and it was a 10 room flat split across three floors. There is a bathroom on each floor and between 3-4 bedrooms. The kitchen has 2 ovens and 2 fridges and freezes and a kitchen table that can fit everyone round. The bedrooms are much larger than in Endcliffe and each room comes with a wardrobe, a sink, desk, single bed with storage underneath and a bookshelf.

Most of the flats are like this but if anyone has any questions, ill be happy to answer :smile:

Cheers for doing this, you've cleared a few things up for me! When you said the flat is split across three floor, is it like 3 rooms on two floors and four on another?
Reply 9
Original post by Jamstaa
Cheers for doing this, you've cleared a few things up for me! When you said the flat is split across three floor, is it like 3 rooms on two floors and four on another?

Yeah so in my flat last year, the first floor was the kitchen/dining room, the bathroom and 2 bedrooms. The second floor was 4 bedrooms and a bathroom and the 3rd floor was 4 bedrooms and a bathroom. Only 2 bathrooms have showers though, the one on the ground floor is just a toilet and a sink.
Reply 10
Yeah so in my flat last year, the first floor was the kitchen/dining room, the bathroom and 2 bedrooms. The second floor was 4 bedrooms and a bathroom and the 3rd floor was 4 bedrooms and a bathroom. Only 2 bathrooms have showers though, the one on the ground floor is just a toilet and a sink.

Ah, cool. Thanks for getting back to me!

Thanks for posting this its really helpful!

Is there anything in particular you'd recommend bringing to crewe flats (like extra storage boxes or something)?
Original post by liampspencer
Thanks for posting this its really helpful!

Is there anything in particular you'd recommend bringing to crewe flats (like extra storage boxes or something)?

Not particularly, the rooms are quite big so they have tonnes of storage space regardless, especially under the beds.

Hey, I'm in Flat B, whats it like?
thanks man
YOU ARE AMAZING :smile: Sorry but I've been stressing so much and you've cleared so much up!
Reply 15
Original post by Gingerdom
Hey, I'm in Flat B, whats it like?
thanks man

Hey, I'm in Flat B also
Reply 16
How many bedrooms are in flat f? :smile:
Original post by SophieDavey
YOU ARE AMAZING :smile: Sorry but I've been stressing so much and you've cleared so much up!

No problem :smile:
Original post by RMMJ
Hey, I'm in Flat B also

Sorry that was my flatmate from last year playing a cruel joke. Check on fb groups for flatmates but have fun in flat b :smile:
How many bedrooms are in flat f? :smile:

Hey im not too sure as flats A F G are all together but i dont think its 10. Maybe 6-8

Latest

Trending

Trending