The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by young_guns
I'm sorry, it's pretty clear the Qawasmeh clan was involved in the kidnapping.

The Qawasmeh clan are widely regarded as a rogue cell outside the control of the Hamas leadership.
Original post by momosteiny
I don't really understand what you are suggesting and I think my point is rather simple. Hamas' tunnels to Egypt are a smuggling network so they are open at both ends. Thus Egypt found them easily without entering Gaza. The Hamas' tunnels into Israel are attack tunnels and remain sealed on the Israeli side of the border till the attack happens. Thus for Israel to find the tunnels they must go to their source, in Gaza.

When will these tunnels open and who will they be used to target? Civilian or military?

It should be pointed out that using the acronym SS is a tad inappropriate.

But entirely accurate...
18 palestinians executed in 24 hours by Hamas - with more to follow according to 'palestinian' Facebook page

The Palestinian Facebook page posted a photograph of a mosque in Gaza City, where a crowd stood and waited in anticipation of more executions.

Earlier Friday, Hamas security forces killed 11 suspected collaborators at a Gaza police station. Shortly afterward Hamas killed seven more Palestinians in a public execution in a central Gaza square on Friday, witnesses and a Hamas website said.

The victims, their heads covered and hands tied, were shot dead by masked gunmen dressed in black in front of a crowd of worshipers outside a mosque after prayers, witnesses and al-Majd, a pro-Hamas website, said.

Original post by tsr1269
When will these tunnels open and who will they be used to target? Civilian or military?

But entirely accurate...

1. Who knows? Israel evidently believes that it will be used for civilians too.
2. You've missed my point. Whatever SS stands for, whether it be accurate or not, does not matter. Abbreviating it as SS does matter and may be considered particularly inappropriate and insulting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hamas execute 11 Gazan Palestinians , accussing them of 'informing'

Nice people these islamists, i wonder if any of their supporters that like to post on the Palestine thread will comment here of their shooting in the street of 11 gazans , in addition to 3 they killed earlier. we are told the ruling was made by hamas own 'islamic revolutionary court'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/hamas-executes-suspected-infomers-gaza
(edited 9 years ago)
18 actually.
4 year old Israeli boy murdered by 'palestinians'
Why is it that it you can call one side the extremists (with the terms "Islamists" and "terrorists"), yet it's not the same for the other. No one has said that Hamas are perfect, nor are they true representatives of the people of Palestine; yet just as the Nazi's seemed as the only hope for the general German public or Stalin seemed the only hope for those fighting against Nazi Germany, Hamas are the only barrier between a Palestine looking for recognition as a state free from the stranglehold of Israel and total domination by Israel and the Zionists whom rule and control it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I meant Palestine-Israel conflict

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hamas terrorists murder 18 palestinians in 24 hours

No tears from the left wing. Silence from Muslims.

Nice day out for the kids to see 18 people gunned down. 'palestinian' society at its most beautiful

Original post by anarchism101
A claim not corroborated by any other senior Hamas official and which experts have cast doubt on.

what 'experts' ? pretty much all commentators came to conclusion hamas started this all off by the kidnappings a long time back
Original post by Meenglishnogood
what 'experts' ? pretty much all commentators came to conclusion hamas started this all off by the kidnappings a long time back

Israel has the right to act in self-defence but its response to the pinpricks of rocket attacks was totally disproportionate.
Original post by Lil08
Israel has the right to act in self-defence but its response to the pinpricks of rocket attacks was totally disproportionate.

i dont that any of that is a valid statement. who are we to deice what is proportionate when dealing with islamic terrorists? they have moved the goalposts
(edited 9 years ago)
Keeping the rocket launchers safe with child shields

ok? Except Hamas didn't do it judging by what I have here in front of me. People who were formerly members of Hamas did it independent of Hamas. Also from this information, it appears that both sides are as much to blame (possibly Israel more so, but that's mainly just my bias); Israel attacked a rocket crew on 29/06/14 killing a Hamas operative, the next day Hamas retaliated (being the first time Hamas itself had attacked since the war in 2012. 6/7/14, Israel bombs the home of a Hamas operative killing 7, Hamas declared it war crimes and all Israelis as legitimate targets and assumed responsibilities for attacks and everything spiraled out of control.

Also, to say that Israel is such a great democracy, interesting to see the censorship of the press. The government knew from the off that the kidnapped Israelis were dead and used the search-and-rescue as an excuse to dismantle Hamas in the west bank.
Original post by Jammy Duel
ok? Except Hamas didn't do it judging by what I have here in front of me. People who were formerly members of Hamas did it independent of Hamas. Also from this information, it appears that both sides are as much to blame (possibly Israel more so, but that's mainly just my bias); Israel attacked a rocket crew on 29/06/14 killing a Hamas operative, the next day Hamas retaliated (being the first time Hamas itself had attacked since the war in 2012. 6/7/14, Israel bombs the home of a Hamas operative killing 7, Hamas declared it war crimes and all Israelis as legitimate targets and assumed responsibilities for attacks and everything spiraled out of control.

Also, to say that Israel is such a great democracy, interesting to see the censorship of the press. The government knew from the off that the kidnapped Israelis were dead and used the search-and-rescue as an excuse to dismantle Hamas in the west bank.

isreal is a democracy, i dont agree its a 'great democracy'. certainly not on the level of the islamists, as hamas tried and executed in the street 11 palestinians inside 4 hours as suspected 'informers'.

PS if israel attacked a rocket site first, then they didnt start the conflcit, hamas did
isreal is a democracy, i dont agree its a 'great democracy'. certainly not on the level of the islamists, as hamas tried and executed in the street 11 palestinians inside 4 hours as suspected 'informers'.

PS if israel attacked a rocket site first, then they didnt start the conflcit, hamas did

So you believe that only Hamas fires rockets? How naive.
Original post by Jammy Duel
So you believe that only Hamas fires rockets? How naive.

hamas generally fires them first

Latest

Trending

Trending