The Student Room Group

AS Maths and Further Maths Unit Combination

Hello,

Does anyone know if the following unit combination is possible for the purposes of balancing out UMS (or marks)?

Maths: C1 C2 M3 - C3 C4 S1
Further Maths: F1 M1 M2 - F2 F3 S2

I am studying the CCEA specification but I am sure it would be the same for other exam boards also.

Many thanks,
Conor
Original post by conorphysics
Hello,

Does anyone know if the following unit combination is possible for the purposes of balancing out UMS (or marks)?

I am studying the CCEA specification but I am sure it would be the same for other exam boards also.

Many thanks,
Conor

I think so. As far as I know, the only requirements are C1-4 for Maths and FP1 + FP2 or FP3 for Further Maths.
Hello,

Many thanks,
Conor

CCEA might be different but this would be a "no" for Edexcel or AQA

i have checked CCEA (because some people were saying yes) and the answer is NO

They are the same as Edexcel and AQA your A level needs to have M1S1 OR M1M2 OR S1S4
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I think you'd have to do C1 C2 S1 - C3 C4 M3 for Maths and your Further maths is fine
Original post by Anon74
I think you'd have to do C1 C2 S1 - C3 C4 M3 for Maths and your Further maths is fine

That was what he said
Reply 5
Original post by TenOfThem
That was what he said

S1 and M3 are swapped
Original post by Anon74
S1 and M3 are swapped

Not sure what you are saying

You listed the same 6 units for A Level maths as the OP did
Reply 7
M3 cant be used in AS maths
Original post by Anon74
M3 cant be used in AS maths

You know I was going to say "but the OP is asking about A Level"

Then I realised that his title does indeed say AS - so he is confused somehow

Anyway my point is - those 6 cannot be used as A Level maths no matter what order you put them in
Original post by TenOfThem
CCEA might be different but this would be a "no" for Edexcel or AQA

i have checked CCEA (because some people were saying yes) and the answer is NO

They are the same as Edexcel and AQA your A level needs to have M1S1 OR M1M2 OR S1S4

S4? :tongue:

Hello,

Many thanks,
Conor

I'm pretty sure CCEA is the same as Edexcel in which modules can be put where.

Your Maths A2 has to include either one of these three combinations C1-4, S1, M1 / C1-4, S1-2 / C1-4, M1-2 (there's also the Decision Maths combinations in Edexcel but I don't think CCEA have those modules).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CTArsenal
S4? :tongue:

Yes

I was surprised too but there are S1 and S4 only

That's very odd, they say this:

NOTE: The Assessment Unit for Module S2 is designated S4

They even name the past papers 'A2 S4, Statistics 2'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks everyone for all the help. I am not that optimistic that it is possible but I have emailed CCEA and will have a definite answer after the 10th of September. Going for a remark in the meantime as I was just 1 UMS off an A in AS Further Maths!
(Just to clarify I have just completed ASs so the 'A2 year' choices where just to give a full picture.)
Many thanks,
Conor
So Unit S4 is to assess Module S2. Makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest