The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Sabertooth

Wife wants to go to a bar tonight to meet with people from her course. Incredibly nervous. It went well last time, I actually spoke to one guy for over an hour it was amazing but I still worry like **** beforehand. Still, I'm never gonna get better at social interaction unless I throw myself in, however scary it is.

I know its scary as hell, and may not make it any easier the next time but you should definitely go because it will sure as hell keep getting harder when your illness keeps forcing excuses on you!

Tldr: go, good luck :smile:
It's not actually licensed to treat depression on its own but rather is recommended as an adjunctive treatment alongside an antidepressant. Glad to hear it's helped your paranoia.

Yeah, the psych left no information for my dr about my fluoxetine so she took me off it to see how the quetiapine went, and its not helping at all, so i think i need to go on something, as last night was bad, and tonights awful too :sad:
Worried that shel want to take me off the quetiapine though as the psych said 3 months then reduce, but its helped me more than anything, and dont want to go back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1022
Original post by PandaWho
The ptacks paste is actually really nice, i do love proper indian food but i cant make it myself unfortunately

Maybe I'm just spoilt, but noooo. I should really learn how to make fresh curry :teeth:

Original post by Odd socks
My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yayyy! Trying not to say I told you so!!!

Bet you're glad compared to a few nights ago :smile:

scaryscience
x

:lovehug:

tradingmyheartforyours
x

Where did you travel off to in the end?!
(edited 9 years ago)
**** sake, back here again
Reply 1024
Original post by lauraaaaa
**** sake, back here again

What's wrong laura soprano?!
Yeah, the psych left no information for my dr about my fluoxetine so she took me off it to see how the quetiapine went, and its not helping at all, so i think i need to go on something, as last night was bad, and tonights awful too :sad:
Worried that shel want to take me off the quetiapine though as the psych said 3 months then reduce, but its helped me more than anything, and dont want to go back

Posted from TSR Mobile

A good doctor will listen to her patient. If you feel the quetiapine is really helping you and you don't want to stop she should be able to see this and take your opinion into account.

Do you have any prn drugs you could take when things are particularly bad? I take diazepam when things turn bad and it helps a fair amount.

Original post by samba
I know its scary as hell, and may not make it any easier the next time but you should definitely go because it will sure as hell keep getting harder when your illness keeps forcing excuses on you!

Tldr: go, good luck :smile:

Thanks dude :smile: I know what you mean about it getting harder the longer I put it off. And hey it's a bar with a large selection of ciders so I can always have a few to grease the wheels so to speak :tongue:
Original post by samba
What's wrong laura soprano?!

where did that name come from? :lol:
A good doctor will listen to her patient. If you feel the quetiapine is really helping you and you don't want to stop she should be able to see this and take your opinion into account.

Do you have any prn drugs you could take when things are particularly bad? I take diazepam when things turn bad and it helps a fair amount.

Thanks dude :smile: I know what you mean about it getting harder the longer I put it off. And hey it's a bar with a large selection of ciders so I can always have a few to grease the wheels so to speak :tongue:

Yeah i imagine she will, just worried about this psych thats never met me wanting me off them, i havnt had any awful paranoia since i started them!

Nope, nothing, my dr was hoping that the mental health team would kinda take over as they know what there doing more than her, and shed rather me get the right treatment than semi ok treatment. But they didnt want anything to do with me so shes doing her best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1028
where did that name come from? :lol:

"effing and blinding like the sopranos" :lol: Or maybe you're just a straight up G!

Jup, plus you know fine well that once you get a few down you and the initial anxiety wears off you'll like that a great time!
Original post by samba
"effing and blinding like the sopranos" :lol: Or maybe you're just a straight up G!

Jup, plus you know fine well that once you get a few down you and the initial anxiety wears off you'll like that a great time!

no idea what you're talking about with the first bit haha. I need my bed :frown:
Reply 1030
no idea what you're talking about with the first bit haha. I need my bed :frown:

You've not seen the sopranos? :p: It's actually half decent! The Sopranos = a mafia family! They swear a lot though :lol:

Your bed needs you too.
Original post by samba
You've not seen the sopranos? :p: It's actually half decent! The Sopranos = a mafia family! They swear a lot though :lol:

Your bed needs you too.

no, i haven't haha. Makes sense, i swear a lot too!
bed, i am in you.
Reply 1032
no, i haven't haha. Makes sense, i swear a lot too!
bed, i am in you.

kinda ruined the already bad joke having to explain it though :lol:

Be gentle with the bed; make sure it enjoys you 'in' there!
Original post by samba
kinda ruined the already bad joke having to explain it though :lol:

Be gentle with the bed; make sure it enjoys you 'in' there!

sorry :frown: and it definitely does, there's plenty of room :tongue:
That's awesome. So glad to hear it went well for you. :smile:

Seee! Glad its all ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by samba
Maybe I'm just spoilt, but noooo. I should really learn how to make fresh curry :teeth:

Yayyy! Trying not to say I told you so!!!

Bet you're glad compared to last -a few nights ago :smile:

Thanks guys :jumphug: I'm so surprised and relieved and happy I haven't felt this light and unburdened in months!

Today had ended up being a good day,
got this stuff with parents straightened out, met friends for dinner (including people I'd never met in person before) and had a nice meal, and at work multiple customers complimented me on how cheery and nice I am when serving people :smile:
Reply 1035
Thanks guys :jumphug: I'm so surprised and relieved and happy I haven't felt this light and unburdened in months!

Today had ended up being a good day,
got this stuff with parents straightened out, met friends for dinner (including people I'd never met in person before) and had a nice meal, and at work multiple customers complimented me on how cheery and nice I am when serving people :smile:

yay :biggrin: Friend thing seems far more minor now eh? :p:
Original post by samba
yay :biggrin: Friend thing seems far more minor now eh? :p:

Yeah :smile: I'll still have to deal with it at some point but right now I'm too happy to stress about it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1037
Yeah :smile: I'll still have to deal with it at some point but right now I'm too happy to stress about it :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea no worries, time will fix that one! You can recharge and look forwards to uni again now :biggrin:
bluhhh
Original post by Team_McDreamy
bluhhh

Whats up hun?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest