The Student Room Group

are re-marks worth it? - your experiences

Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I am going in for a remark on my history. I was only 2 ums points away. I have my fingers crossed!
Reply 2
Remarks are only worth it if you:

1) Are only a mark or two off the next grade
2) The subject is significant (studying it at A-level)

In other cases, there isn't really a point.
Reply 3
Original post by rosebud114
I am going in for a remark on my history. I was only 2 ums points away. I have my fingers crossed!

Oh my days in my history i was 1 ums away defo getting it remarked!
Yes I got 4 AQA exams remarked and 3 of them went up a grade but I think I was just particularly unlucky this year. Generally I would get a remark if I was very close to the next boundary, a university place depended on it or I was sure I had got at least two grades higher than the result I got back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not worth it, I only needed 1 ums for an A in chemistry and it just stayed the same :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Mclaren96
Not worth it, I only needed 1 ums for an A in chemistry and it just stayed the same :frown:

Essay subjects are more likely to go up arent they but science and maths ones arent in my chem i just got the A so i was lucky
Original post by monisj1

ah so close. I hope you get it. Away from what if you don't mind me asking? I was 2 away from a B
Essay subjects are a lot more likely to go up.

I was 1 UMS point off an A in English lit so had my poetry exam remarked. It went up 4 UMS point so I got my A :smile:

Also however I was 2 points off an A in English Lang. Got that remarked and it didn't change. I got an A in the exam , the coursework pulled my grade down.
Original post by STUDYREVISE
I'm planning to get my controlled assessment remarked. I think its easier with CA's rather than exams as there is a strict mark scheme with exams. I am 3 ums from an A in French.

you can't get controlled assessments remarked unless you request the whole centre's to be remarked and that rarely happens. sorry
Reply 10
ah so close. I hope you get it. Away from what if you don't mind me asking? I was 2 away from a B

1 away from an A so frustrating got As in my exams but my coursework was a B coursework ruined my grades this year like i got A* in my french exams but C in controlled assesment brought it to a B
Reply 11
Original post by monisj1

I know the feels, I had the same at AS, remark stayed the same though lol.
Reply 12
Original post by Blobar
I know the feels, I had the same at AS, remark stayed the same though lol.

Ohh hope mine goes up il be so so happy
Original post by monisj1
1 away from an A so frustrating got As in my exams but my coursework was a B coursework ruined my grades this year like i got A* in my french exams but C in controlled assesment brought it to a B

ah completely understand. I ended up with a 'D' in my history coursework...taking into consideration the teacher up and left in the middle of teaching us. :unimpressed:

So pulled down my grade immensely...
Reply 14
I got a B in English language remarked it and got an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Mr.Samba
Remarks are only worth it if you:

1) Are only a mark or two off the next grade
2) The subject is significant (studying it at A-level)

In other cases, there isn't really a point.

I got an A in English Lit wanted an A*- I really wanted a remark but with 8 marks off no point you say if I would be "studying it at A-level" I am so does that make it even more significant that I should have achieved an A*?
My experience was at A2 not gcse. Nevertheless one remark made my overall grade from a C to a B so was worth it in my case.
Reply 17
ah completely understand. I ended up with a 'D' in my history coursework...taking into consideration the teacher up and left in the middle of teaching us. :unimpressed:

So pulled down my grade immensely...

I feel teachers dont mark properly and i fink that exam boards should moderate all coursework cos i think i was unfarily marked it is a cery crap feeling isnt it
Original post by monisj1
I feel teachers dont mark properly and i fink that exam boards should moderate all coursework cos i think i was unfarily marked it is a cery crap feeling isnt it

COMPLETELY AGREE! My geography teacher even admitted that she started falling asleep reading my coursework so she gave it to another teacher to mark(the other teacher isn't even a geography teacher!) :cry2:
Reply 19
COMPLETELY AGREE! My geography teacher even admitted that she started falling asleep reading my coursework so she gave it to another teacher to mark(the other teacher isn't even a geography teacher!) :cry2:

Omg! Once my teacher took 12 months to mark our coursework!

Quick Reply

Latest