The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Is Januzaj even that good really? From what I saw last season, he has been living of that Sunderland game. Sterling though :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Is Januzaj even that good really? From what I saw last season, he has been living of that Sunderland game. Sterling though :eek:

I think Januzaj stands out because the players around him are so poor. He's got quality but he's not there yet.
Reply 4782
Original post by barneystin
If he had Sterling's talent surely he would be playing. there is no way that sterling would be sitting on our bench as much as Gnabry does.

Nah course not - as it stands Sterling is a lot better than Gnabry as it stands & I wouldn't argue that. I rate him highly because of his potential and because of what he's shown thus far..

Also, if we go back to this time last year Sterling wouldn't start over Walcott..
Original post by SHOO
Central players don't have the attitudes the play out wide (most of them anyway) so it just doesn't work..

Campbell is on the bench though so :/ maybe Wenger is waiting? But for what :/ in some games we're crying out for pace LOL

I rate Gnabry so highly, I hope he doesn't leave & remains integral to our future plans.. He's gonna be a beast

It isn't that they don't have the right attitude, it's that they don't have the right skills. Central players focus more on passing and playing through balls, creative stuff. Wingers for the most part bring the power and pace, as well as being more able to cross into the box etc. Some central players can be good on the wings, players like Sterling etc who can play both styles.

Campbell always seems to be the perfect impact substitution but we always do Sanogo/Cazorla/Wilshere for Giroud/Chamberlain/Flamini in the 65th minute. Pathetic really considering Campbell has shown his ability.

I know right, Gnabry has so much potential. Remember that 2-0 game vs Tottenham? Sheer class.
Reply 4784
Original post by BenAssirati
It isn't that they don't have the right attitude, it's that they don't have the right skills. Central players focus more on passing and playing through balls, creative stuff. Wingers for the most part bring the power and pace, as well as being more able to cross into the box etc. Some central players can be good on the wings, players like Sterling etc who can play both styles.

Campbell always seems to be the perfect impact substitution but we always do Sanogo/Cazorla/Wilshere for Giroud/Chamberlain/Flamini in the 65th minute. Pathetic really considering Campbell has shown his ability.

I know right, Gnabry has so much potential. Remember that 2-0 game vs Tottenham? Sheer class.

Sorry lol, I was typing it on my phone and it autocorrected it to attitudes - I meant attributes**

Yeaaah - I think he put in a good shift vs City too.. he created quite a few chances. He's a beast and I'm sure if he can stay injury free and get game time he'll turn into a right beast.

Wasn't he linked with a loan move to palace?
Original post by SHOO
Sorry lol, I was typing it on my phone and it autocorrected it to attitudes - I meant attributes**

Yeaaah - I think he put in a good shift vs City too.. he created quite a few chances. He's a beast and I'm sure if he can stay injury free and get game time he'll turn into a right beast.

Wasn't he linked with a loan move to palace?

He is like the German Oxlade-Chamberlain, or at least he will be.

Probably, all of our young players have been linked with loan moves at one point or another. I am still annoyed Jenkinson got loaned out.
Noticed that Wenger always has a playmaker playing on the left wing which makes his formations very unbalanced, I don't get why he does that.

He tried to use Gervinho as a playmaker rather than like with Walcott so he was taking time on the ball which he doesn't like, he generally had to play in front of defenders. I think that Chamberlain worked well on the left when Gervinho was out in early 2012 because he can play central and in front of the defence with his skillset so he suits the left wing playmaker that Arsene likes to have so much. AOC reminds me a little bit like Ribery tbh.

If he tries that with Sanchez I don't think it'll work too great in this formation. Reckon he should get them playing faster football this season.
Wenger's brilliant and everything, but some of his tactical choices have been piss poor.

When does our FA Cup defense begin? Something tells me we'll see more of young Joel Campbell in the cups than the league this season

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danielnkwocha
Wenger's brilliant and everything, but some of his tactical choices have been piss poor.

When does our FA Cup defense begin? Something tells me we'll see more of young Joel Campbell in the cups than the league this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

January is when the third round starts.
If you all want to see what £50m looks like, tune in to the PSG game. PSG are fielding their full team (minus Ibra), have 82% possession, yet cannot score a single goal. Looks like Cavani is really effective :yy:
Listen, arsenal desperately need a striker, defensive midfielder and a centre back if we want any chance mounting a serious challenge for the title or getting far in the UCL. I have watched many arsenal games, pretty much every single one, I love to analyse the way they play. I can say confidently that if Wenger puts faith on Giroud and Ramsey to get goals, we will categorically fail. Giroud doesnt strike fear into any opponents eyes, unless we play Walcott down the middle (If he can stay fit for a season) then we will never succeed against big clubs. We beed a centre forward who can turn a defender when his back is to goal, dribble, and has good link up play. Notice how I've just described the traits of our good friend Mr. Thierry Henry. Higuain would've been perfect for us, if you saw his goal the other day, not only did he show these traits, but he scored a big goal. When it counts Giroud is not the guy we can turn to. Last season he scored just 3 goals against the top 5. POOR, and what if rambo is injured? Then what?
For me, sanchez needs a few months to settle in, great signing but if he's not going to be playing through the middle in the future, I wouldve liked wenger to have spent more time looking for where we really needed to strengthen.
JACK WILSHERE, love his passion, hate his football. The kid is unserious about his progression. 65k a week, A lot of us on here will earn that in a year and a half. Wilshere has experience in abundance, played in the champions league against barcelona at just 17 and was the best player on the pitch, loved it. But now, what is he? A lurking shadow in the figure of Aaron Ramsey, its a real shame because i really wanted him to be the future of England. I dont feel i need to explain our defensive needs, we are desperate at the moment. Khedira would be very welcome
(edited 9 years ago)
Mandzukic is such a tough nut up front. Really wish we bought him.
What makes you guys think Ozil will start tomorrow? No way. We'd be lucky to see him on the bench.

Remember- "Ozil, Mertesacker and Podolski in CONTENTION to be in SQUAD tomorrow" -SSN

Key words there.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What makes you guys think Ozil will start tomorrow? No way. We'd be lucky to see him on the bench.

Remember- "Ozil, Mertesacker and Podolski in CONTENTION to be in SQUAD tomorrow" -SSN

Key words there.

It's pretty pathetic imo, it's been 6 weeks since the world cup finished. That goes for RVP too not just Arsenal players.
Original post by manchesterunited15
It's pretty pathetic imo, it's been 6 weeks since the world cup finished. That goes for RVP too not just Arsenal players.

Yeah completely agree, that's just lazy. Schurrle (Or however it's spelt) spent the same amount of time at the WC and he's already banging in goals. Same goes for the likes of RVP etc. But that's non of my business.

It's not like our players were the most pivotal in the team anyways.
Yeah completely agree, that's just lazy. Schurrle (Or however it's spelt) spent the same amount of time at the WC and he's already banging in goals. Same goes for the likes of RVP etc. But that's non of my business.

It's not like our players were the most pivotal in the team anyways.

Well Ozil played every game but Mertesacker and Podolski were just on holiday.
Reply 4796

Key words there.

I think it's BS though it's a big game and he should want to play. Schurrle started for Chelsea so why not Ozil
Original post by manchesterunited15
Well Ozil played every game but Mertesacker and Podolski were just on holiday.

With the exception of Ozil. That's just proving my point.
Lol oh my days I'm expecting a thrashing tomorrow.
With the exception of Ozil. That's just proving my point.
Lol oh my days I'm expecting a thrashing tomorrow.

Yeah I was agreeing with you :tongue:

Arsenal getting thrashed? I still think you'll scrape a win
Original post by Loat
Given the logic of holding the players back is to prevent injuries in October/November, I would suggest we hold fire on the castigation for a couple of months.

#InShadWeTrust

Meh. Kings when it comes to injuries!

Original post by AR_95
I think it's BS though it's a big game and he should want to play. Schurrle started for Chelsea so why not Ozil

Has Ozil even been in training? Arsene says he lacks match fitness.

Latest