The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho

just had an exhausting day :redface: emotionally drained!
Reply 1041
purple-duck
x

You here? :smile:
I feel to the point that I can't even get any help any more. I can't cope

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
just had an exhausting day :redface: emotionally drained!

:penguinhug:
I prescribe hiding in bed and sleeping, and spending the day in bed tomorrow :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:penguinhug:
I prescribe hiding in bed and sleeping, and spending the day in bed tomorrow :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sounds good to me! :biggrin:
Original post by Star-girl
I love laughing at my silly kid moments. :biggrin: Still got plenty of time!

Haha :colondollar: Yeah that's true :redface: I go in and out of the routine of writing in it - still got exams/the first half of this summer to fill in, if I do :eek:

Original post by alexs2602
It really was good. May have had a bit too much but got a limited edition poster and signed by the lead singer. So that was cool. Although I did naïvely get taken advantage of by a junkie so swings and roundabouts.

Great :biggrin: oh awesome - signed thing is definitely cool! Really want my guitar capo signed by my favourite band :redface:
Ah :/ Hopefully not too badly

Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
Awww whats up? :hugs:

Yeah I'm quite good thanks. I've been awfully busy recently though. It's been hectic! :smile:

Just being up and down a lot, and just a bit lost :s-smilie: Summer drawing to a close/Uni coming up/haven't done anything/saying goodbye to my pet (having to rehome him :frown:)

Good :smile: What've you been up to? :eek: Did results go alright? (I can't remember if you'd said or not? :redface:)
:hugs:

Original post by superwolf
ROB ROB ROB YOUR MUM SENT ME FLOWERS

Aaaaaargh have to keep them alive :afraid:

I've just realised - is it your birthday today? :eek: Or just soon? Happy Birthday either way/for when it is! :biggrin: :woo: :party:

Original post by luno
Spoilered for it's length and pathetic ranting:

Spoiler

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by tasha96
They just sent me a very snippy "here's your timetable" email. I dont think wanting to know where and when was too much to ask given that its two days to go! :s-smilie:

:s-smilie: I think colleges/sixth forms can sometimes just be really disorganised - I know that ours was for a lot of things :colondollar:
Hope it's alright :hugs:

going out for afternoon tea at a fancy hotel for my friends 20th birthday! bricking it because 1. i'm wearing tight high waisted black jeans and heels, and 2. the rest of the guests are her friends from college/uni so i'll only know like 2 or 3 people out of 20, which is kinda overwhelming. but i love her so i'm just gonna be brave and get it over with :redface:

Very fancy :eek: Just stick to the 2 or 3 people like glue :redface: Hope you have fun :smile: :jumphug:

Edit: (Just realised that while I wrote this earlier today, I'm posting it now when you're probably already gone out :tongue: :facepalm: (:banghead:) I hope you have a really nice time :smile:)

Original post by Jay84
Hospital is horrible. They have had me on 1:1 for three days now and I've barely slept. It's so cold, they won't put the light off and there is a loud radio and so much loud noise all night and day.

I just don't think they can help me. I am just ****ed. They obviously don't have a clue cos they just mention loads of different things without a clear idea which is best or sensible. So far they want to change meds to valproate, inject depixil and give me ect. I have told them to **** off with the lot of it. Not speaking to them till im off 1:1 it is so ****ing horrible being looked at 24/7. Mind is ****ed too am hallucinating wildly and memory is falling too pieces. I keep being unsure if I recognise half the people here or I am just forgetting seeing them when I first got here. Its so ****ed up.

1:1 Sounds horrible :s-smilie: In my thoughts - I hope things improve for you soon/that they start helping.

Original post by samba
Must...sleep...more....!

You're gonna turn into a duck zombie :eek:

:hide: I blame the scrabble last week :tongue:

I keep getting to sleep around 3am, then getting up at 10 or 11 - I swear that that should be enough! :eek: :dontknow: Tempted to have a nap or something now, but don't know :colondollar:

Duck zombies are the best sorts of zombies :loveduck: :colone:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Out fundraising with my NCS group today and they're doing brilliantly and I'm just drained. Trying to be all bouncy youth worker but just getting tired now. Ugh. I have a hen do tomorrow and that's going to cripple me as it's all wooing and smiling and excitement. I have to wear neon clothing and look like an idiot and I don't wanna. Gf doesn't want to either and is taking it out on me as though I'm making her do it.

Hope the hen do goes okay :s-smilie: Can you take yourself away from the action for a bit/recover/recharge mid-way through? I'm sorry your gf's not being nice about it :frown: :console:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
okay so chatted with my mum, she convinced me to give the Access course a try cause apparently the college have really good learning support (she used to work there) so gonna sort out another interview with them for that. it's the easiest one to get to travel wise & if I get support I think I can just about cope with that, just gotta try to stay positive about stuff and remember that I will get support this time. also called student finance to check I can still get funding for a degree and they said I should still have 3 years funding as I only technically completed 1 full year of Uni in the past, though I can get more funding years if I get a note from my GP about the times I had to drop out so that's okay as well.

feel a lot more relaxed about it all now I think after talking it over with my mum.

Sounds really great :smile: Glad you're more relaxed - Hope the interview gets sorted/goes okay!

Original post by ByronicHero
Well fingers crossed!

I'm re-watching DS9 at the moment so JLP has had a few cameos :biggrin:

I'm not sure whether to try watching DS9 or not - or whether to try and go through all of TNG and Voyager instead? Watched a fair amount of both of them, but probably still less than half (at least for Voyager, anyway) :dontknow:

Original post by Nathanielle
First two weeks of September, so it is close! :eek:

:eek: Good luck! :woo: How've you been?

Original post by samba
jar curry :sick:

Curry. :sick:

:tongue:

:hide:

Original post by Sabertooth
It was pissing it down here after my psychiatrist appointment and I was waiting for the bus getting soaked in just shorts and tshirt. Then some guy comes up and offered to share his umbrella. We even had a nice conversation. Made me happy that I don't look so weird as to scare people off and reminded me that some people are just plain nice. :biggrin:

Wife wants to go to a bar tonight to meet with people from her course. Incredibly nervous. It went well last time, I actually spoke to one guy for over an hour it was amazing but I still worry like **** beforehand. Still, I'm never gonna get better at social interaction unless I throw myself in, however scary it is.

Yays for umbrella guy/you :biggrin: I like rain sometimes, but not when it's pissing down :/ (and preferably when I have a coat/something that won't get soaked :tongue:)

Hope bar-ness goes okay - Really hope you enjoy it, have some fun :woo: Though I can appreciate scariness :eek:

Edit: Realise I missed your other post :s-smilie: I'm afraid I don't properly have any advice because I don't know enough (well, anything :colondollar:) about meds really, but I just thought I'd send :hugs:/wishes that this one works out/helps a lot - and hopefully side effects aren't too severe.
I guess they can't properly know long-long term side effects, but I guess they wouldn't be using it/have it certified if they didn't think that the overall benefit was better than any possible side effects? :dontknow:

Original post by Odd socks
Thanks guys :jumphug: I'm so surprised and relieved and happy I haven't felt this light and unburdened in months!

Today had ended up being a good day,
got this stuff with parents straightened out, met friends for dinner (including people I'd never met in person before) and had a nice meal, and at work multiple customers complimented me on how cheery and nice I am when serving people :smile:

:woo: Glad today's gone well :biggrin: and super-yays for Mum being nice/not as you feared!

Original post by samba
You here? :smile:

:hi:

(also :blush: for being quoted :colondollar: :redface: How're you doing? :smile:)
Original post by Cantthinkofname
I feel to the point that I can't even get any help any more. I can't cope
:hugs: Sorry I don't have any advice :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Porridge510
I told my dad. He was disappointed but just told me to take them, in a nice way. He didn't get angry at all, just disappointed. Thank you so much. :smile: Your steps and some good news I got today is helping me out of the hole. I'm still in it but i see light!

Next year I'm.... Moving in with my boyfriend!!! :biggrin: I'm the type of person that has very low hopes with things but I have hope. :biggrin: I truly have hope. :biggrin: We went out looking at sofas today, it was so fun.
He and our friend will both be in 2nd year next year and we're all going to get a house/flat together. :biggrin: And friends he meets at uni possibly. I'm just so excited, we thought it'd be 4 years till we move in together, but no! next year. I've never been so excited.
We're all chipping in with bills and things we need to buy like furniture. I feel so happy. Earlier I was feeling very rubbish, but now I'm like super excited. My dad is happy for me. Finally good things are happening. :biggrin:

I'm defiantly taking my meds tomorrow, I told my boyfriend and dad I would. I really will take them. I'm scared, thats all. I'm in the same situation, if i get a routine I'm ok, but its hard to keep up with it. And if i break my routine its hard to get it back. I hope you are feeling good today and everyday. :smile:

That's lovely. :smile: I was looking at Warwick when I was going to go to uni, but I've decided for now I don't want to go, but maybe down the road I may change my mind. It looks like a lovely uni. :smile: Thank you. :smile: I like chatting with you. :smile: :hugs:

Cool. :biggrin: Have you seen the sims 4 trailer? It looks so cool. But its soo expensive. :frown: I got sims 3 when it was on sale on steam. I do like the look of sims 4, but the price. :frown: I get addicted to sims and then I want all the expansion packs. :frown: Lol. :tongue:

What are you up to? :smile:

Yays for seeing light :biggrin: That sounds really good :smile: Glad your Dad wasn't too bad about it either.

:eek: That's awesome!! :biggrin: Very exciting news :yep: Going into a shared house this year myself and I didn't even think of that though :tongue: :facepalm:
Yays though - I guess you'll be looking at places soon enough, too? :smile: We left it far too late last year :tongue: (Though luckily did eventually find somewhere nice!)

Well done :redface: Yeah sorry I realise I probably don't know/can't appreciate just how scary it must be to start new meds (not having been on any myself) - I hope it works out well/helps though.
Thanks :redface: Had a bit of a hit/panicking slightly (though sort of ignoring it :s-smilie:) :dontknow: It sounds as though you're very good today (?) :biggrin: :woo:

It's nice, I've enjoyed it so far :redface: Love the campus partly just because of the duck ponds/lake :biggrin:
:h: Likewise! :hugs:

I might have, yeah! Haha I've only ever played Sims 1 :colondollar: Should maybe get sims 2 at some point, though I tried to a while a go, and it crashed - though that was an old computer. Part of the reason I like sims 1 is that I have all the expansions :colondollar: :biggrin: (or at least I did, might have gotten rid of some :s-smilie:) Sims 4 will be on sale at some point though, I'm sure! :smile:

Not much :colondollar: Spent today with grandparents and Auntie/Cousin, was nice, though anxious starting. Not had much time to myself unforunately - but oh well :redface: Really glad that today's been good for you :smile: (?)

Original post by Porridge510
Listening to Disney songs. Its been a good day. :smile:

Frozen? :biggrin: They're the only disney songs I properly know :getmecoat: (besides a few)
sounds good to me! :biggrin:

Dr Panda is good at prescribing good things :yep:

Ahhh food and funny tv seems to have lifted the horrificness but but got rid of it completely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dr Panda is good at prescribing good things :yep:

Ahhh food and funny tv seems to have lifted the horrificness but but got rid of it completely :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

me thinks we should swap places, you should be doing my degree for me :tongue:

am watching greys anatomy atm, and its an episode full of high school kids, and it just makes me happy because all the beautiful doctors are reminiscing about how when they were younger they were ugly and dorky and nerdy and had no friends, so it gives hope to me :tongue:

:hugs: hot chocolate helps toooooo
Original post by lauraaaaa
sorry it took so long to reply, I’ve been at work and then went to costa! :tongue:
Oh, that car is similar to the one I drive! I must make an effort to go out this weekend, just not sure where to drive to :redface: yeah, I’m so glad it all got sorted easily, makes my anxiety a lot better :smile: and I’m just generally a bit anxious about everything that is involved, but I’m also excited!

yeah i totally understand what you mean, i think everyone should get enough to at least cover accommodation costs! and oh yeah, theres a massive difference at york too! You get some accommodation here where people share rooms and everything, i could never do that!

if you ever need sites for stuff, hit me up, i can find ANYTHING (expect killer kids season three, I’ve been looking for that EVERYWHERE :angry:) :lol: and ah, I’m not a chilli fan but, i hope it was nice :smile:

Oh i know! i don’t have a signature either, just wrote my name haha! she basically said id revised for psychology too much and neglected my other subjects. obvious A*AAC in my others wasn’t good enough :/

Had a bit of a rubbish day today, people at work were rude and…

Spoiler

hope you had a nice day :smile:

:eek: I thought I'd missed a reply to you - just found your post in another tab :colondollar:

Sounds busy! No need to apologise though! :smile: Where do you work? (If you don't mind me asking - perfectly cool if not)
Awesome :gah: I used to drive an older citroen C3, but parents changed cars :s-smilie: Not sure I like this one as much, but then I haven't driven it much/not used to it. Yeah need to drive too :s-smilie: Good :smile: Yays you're excited tooo! :biggrin: (Though sorry for anxiety too :redface: :console:)

Exactly! :redface: Oh yeah! Well we have one sharing block, though it's only if the Uni/accomodation's been oversubscribed - and only if you're unlucky really :colondollar: Though it's only for a single term that you share - then they sort you out somewhere else not shared :smile:

Haha, thanks :colondollar: :lol: I've never even heard of that show :tongue: I'm not the biggest chilli fan tbh, though there weren't any kidney beans, so that's a plus :tongue: Though was too hot/spicy for me really :sad: (Me + spicy = :nah: :tongue:) Still nice though :smile: Did you have a nice restaurant meal?

Haha :colondollar: Oh :frown: That doesn't sound very fair or nice at all - you've done amazingly! :eek:

Spoiler

Thanks, was sort of nice, though didn't have much me-time, and now slightly panicked by something else :s-smilie: :frown: Will probably rant about it in a sec. Bleh.
me thinks we should swap places, you should be doing my degree for me :tongue:

am watching greys anatomy atm, and its an episode full of high school kids, and it just makes me happy because all the beautiful doctors are reminiscing about how when they were younger they were ugly and dorky and nerdy and had no friends, so it gives hope to me :tongue:

:hugs: hot chocolate helps toooooo

Id fail miserably! I cant even pass my mickymouse degree! Haha

Theres hope because your an amazingly talented ladieee thats wonderful :yep:

Hotchocolate :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1051
Original post by purple-duck
x

AOE if you're not busy? :smile: I warn you though, I'm REALLY bad!
Original post by samba
AOE if you're not busy? :smile: I warn you though, I'm REALLY bad!

I might do in half an hour or so? :redface:
Got to reply to a PM, then will probably vent on here a bit/decide/think about what to do tomorrow :s-smilie:

and that's okay! :lol: I haven't played in ages :tongue: Plus we can put it on easy or something :biggrin:
Reply 1053
Original post by purple-duck
I might do in half an hour or so? :redface:
Got to reply to a PM, then will probably vent on here a bit/decide/think about what to do tomorrow :s-smilie:

and that's okay! :lol: I haven't played in ages :tongue: Plus we can put it on easy or something :biggrin:

okies! We can just play against each other, then its easy vs easy :lol: I have nothing to do tomorrow, come bowling with me! (got a random urge to go today for some reason :p:)
My bed needs me so much but nothing is switching me off and my dad's snoring is keeping me awake

Posted from TSR Mobile
Id fail miserably! I cant even pass my mickymouse degree! Haha

Theres hope because your an amazingly talented ladieee thats wonderful :yep:

Hotchocolate :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's easier than you think :tongue:

:colondollar: nuh-uhhhh

aeroooo hot chocolate :coma:
Original post by iloveteddy14
My bed needs me so much but nothing is switching me off and my dad's snoring is keeping me awake

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about listening to music, i often put music on my phone quietly and it helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's easier than you think :tongue:

:colondollar: nuh-uhhhh

aeroooo hot chocolate :coma:

Bet its harder than mine!

Yes you are missus end of!

:drool: mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bet its harder than mine!

Yes you are missus end of!

:drool: mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

"the leg bones connected to the ... KNEE BONE!" :tongue:

then so are you :biggrin:
Original post by samba
okies! We can just play against each other, then its easy vs easy :lol: I have nothing to do tomorrow, come bowling with me! (got a random urge to go today for some reason :p:)

I'm really sorry I might not actually, today :s-smilie: :frown: I'd really like to but not quite able to settle, at least not right now, and think it'll be fun but might need me being more robust :colondollar: :s-smilie: Sorry
I haven't been bowling in ages :eek: Definitely :yep: :biggrin:

Latest