The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jam278
Same reason why I usually fancy Chelsea's chances vs Barcelona, even if the teams look weaker. The pace and power is too much.

Although at the moment our players don't have enough strength, Costa and Drogba and that's it. We've got pace and energy though which Arsenal and other possession orientated teams will struggle against.

Yeah, would be interesting to have seen a peak Arsenal team pre-Emirates take on a Mourinho chelsea side. We only really had two games of that and they were both draws IIRC? (H/A in 2004/5)
Original post by Pete_91
Yeah, would be interesting to have seen a peak Arsenal team pre-Emirates take on a Mourinho chelsea side. We only really had two games of that and they were both draws IIRC? (H/A in 2004/5)

You'd beat our side now without too many problems but you'd lose to the 05 team I think.
Original post by Pete_91
Worst is the bridge though, guaranteed 0 points season after season.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408752267.620378.jpg
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1408753358.295738.jpg

Luke man, chill. Have you managed to go a full five posts on here without starting an argument? :biggrin:

Original post by manchesterunited15
Luke is a heavenly blessed beauty whose beauty is divine and everlasting

Mirin how close you are to 10k.
Original post by BenAssirati

Mirin how close you are to 10k.

:sexface:

Not sure it's a good thing tbh
Reply 4827
Thierry Henry described MOTD as like going to church :smile:
Anyway worst team for Chelsea to go to is everton away. I just expect that 1-0 or 2-1 defeat.

I respect Benitez for managing to win there because I will actually bet on an Everton win.

Chelsea love Arsenal to come to the bridge, brace it with open arms guys. Hope we can play you there every week so we can get our goal difference up this season.

In all seriousness, that Mourinho duck has to end soon for Wenger. Ngl that's a **** record.
Original post by jam278
Anyway worst team for Chelsea to go to is everton away. I just expect that 1-0 or 2-1 defeat.

Villa?

and why is it that Mourinho has never been able to beat them?
Original post by barneystin
Villa?

and why is it that Mourinho has never been able to beat them?

We have beat them, like we did last season, it's just away from home where we struggle.

Same for Newcastle away but I'm sure those ducks will end soon. Everton I see our yearly loss, so much that I'll bet a tenner on us losing unless Everton are in the bottom half.
Reply 4831
Anyone know what went wrong at Remy's medical?
Reply 4832
"A team is life and life is movement. That means the team doesn't stand still, we move forward and improve."

- Arsene Wenger

BARSSSS
People overrate Wenger so much.

omg he has a degree in economics. omg bawse.

yeah mate. but was it from LSE though? mans uni probably has as much prestige as London Metropolitan University.
Original post by barneystin
People overrate Wenger so much.

omg he has a degree in economics. omg bawse.

yeah mate. but was it from LSE though? mans uni probably has as much prestige as London Metropolitan University.

Real talk fam. If it ain't from russell group/Ivy league equivalents then I don't wanna hear it tbh.
Anyone want to tell me what Luke said? I think it got deleted before I could reply.
Anyone want to tell me what Luke said? I think it got deleted before I could reply.

I was just on about how I'm not bothered about hiding - I know I'm not attractive but I put my pictures up because I'm not bothered.

Oh yeah, then I made a little comment about tom which I expect to get a blue card for when I go on my laptop... :wink:

But srs, back to football
The game tonight is gonna be really interesting, can't wait
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I was just on about how I'm not bothered about hiding - I know I'm not attractive but I put my pictures up because I'm not bothered.

Oh yeah, then I made a little comment about tom which I expect to get a blue card for when I go on my laptop... :wink:

But srs, back to football
The game tonight is gonna be really interesting, can't wait

Oh right. To be honest when they were teaming up on you and talking about your pictures I thought they were being a bit dickish.

Can't wait for today, Newcastle and Southampton are playing rubbish teams so we should see the likes of Cabella and Pelle doing well. The Arsenal game will be interesting, but probably depressing for all of us Arsenal fans.
Original post by jam278
Real talk fam. If it ain't from russell group/Ivy league equivalents then I don't wanna hear it tbh.

University of Strasbourg is pretty prestigious in France tbh, it was also 1973, not exactly sure you can compare the way the uni system is today in the UK/USA to mainland Europe 40 years ago. He was also juggling a football career at the same time...

also the LSEs reputation has fallen dramatically in the last decade. Used to be the home of JFK and the like...
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh right. To be honest when they were teaming up on you and talking about your pictures I thought they were being a bit dickish.

Can't wait for today, Newcastle and Southampton are playing rubbish teams so we should see the likes of Cabella and Pelle doing well. The Arsenal game will be interesting, but probably depressing for all of us Arsenal fans.

Meh, just a sign of desperation when you move on to personal things.
But luckily I'm not bothered, so it's all good

I dunno, Everton are good but you definitely should be getting the points
Won't be easy but you have the quality

Latest