The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by purple-duck
I'm really sorry I might not actually, today :s-smilie: :frown: I'd really like to but not quite able to settle, at least not right now, and think it'll be fun but might need me being more robust :colondollar: :s-smilie: Sorry
I haven't been bowling in ages :eek: Definitely :yep: :biggrin:

No worries matey :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by samba
No worries matey :smile:

Sorry, thanks :redface:
Might play a game of scrabble or something with people if others wanted to, but I think AoE would be too much for me tbh :redface: Partly just it being a full-screen thing possibly/being real-time :tongue: :colondollar: If that makes any sense.
:hugs:

edit: Though actually maybe don't worry about scrabble :redface: sorry :s-smilie: Might get sleep soon :colondollar: :redface: If anybody needed to play then I would still :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else ever get achy legs when they're trying to sleep? It's annoying :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Anyone else ever get achy legs when they're trying to sleep? It's annoying :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sometimes get achy everything :frown: (like I am now). How you doing anyway socks?
What's going on with this app?

Not really, odd socks. Think I've found the one bed that I find comfortable. Probably not cheap and nasty. Which sucks because while other beds aren't unbearable I can't lay back without having to shift, it seems.

How are you? I'm getting pretty bored with no one to talk to.
Yays for umbrella guy/you :biggrin: I like rain sometimes, but not when it's pissing down :/ (and preferably when I have a coat/something that won't get soaked :tongue:)

Hope bar-ness goes okay - Really hope you enjoy it, have some fun :woo: Though I can appreciate scariness :eek:

Edit: Realise I missed your other post :s-smilie: I'm afraid I don't properly have any advice because I don't know enough (well, anything :colondollar:) about meds really, but I just thought I'd send :hugs:/wishes that this one works out/helps a lot - and hopefully side effects aren't too severe.
I guess they can't properly know long-long term side effects, but I guess they wouldn't be using it/have it certified if they didn't think that the overall benefit was better than any possible side effects? :dontknow:

Yeah, generally I don't mind rain but it was cold rain today so I was shivering. Definitely appreciated umbrella guy. :tongue: The bar was ok, I didn't speak too much but enjoyed just being around people and of course the cider :biggrin:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been giving it some thought and reckon I am going to try this drug. Right now things just seem to be getting more difficult every day so, despite the side effects, I'm willing to try something new if it means quiet.

About your degu...my mum gave my cat away when I was younger because she couldn't stand him bringing in half-dead mice all the time. It was horrible saying goodbye to something that meant so much to me and even now I still hope that he went to a good home. I'd say that you should take him to the shelter not pets at home, it sounds like you really care for your degu so I think you should put him somewhere that actually knows what they're dealing with. Pets at home never felt particularly caring when I've been in their stores.
Haha :colondollar: Yeah that's true :redface: I go in and out of the routine of writing in it - still got exams/the first half of this summer to fill in, if I do :eek:

Great :biggrin: oh awesome - signed thing is definitely cool! Really want my guitar capo signed by my favourite band :redface:
Ah :/ Hopefully not too badly

Just being up and down a lot, and just a bit lost :s-smilie: Summer drawing to a close/Uni coming up/haven't done anything/saying goodbye to my pet (having to rehome him :frown:)

Good :smile: What've you been up to? :eek: Did results go alright? (I can't remember if you'd said or not? :redface:)

I've just realised - is it your birthday today? :eek: Or just soon? Happy Birthday either way/for when it is! :biggrin: :woo: :party:

:jumphug:

Spoiler

:s-smilie: I think colleges/sixth forms can sometimes just be really disorganised - I know that ours was for a lot of things :colondollar:
Hope it's alright :hugs:

Very fancy :eek: Just stick to the 2 or 3 people like glue :redface: Hope you have fun :smile: :jumphug:

Edit: (Just realised that while I wrote this earlier today, I'm posting it now when you're probably already gone out :tongue: :facepalm: (:banghead:) I hope you have a really nice time :smile:)

1:1 Sounds horrible :s-smilie: In my thoughts - I hope things improve for you soon/that they start helping.

:hide: I blame the scrabble last week :tongue:

I keep getting to sleep around 3am, then getting up at 10 or 11 - I swear that that should be enough! :eek: :dontknow: Tempted to have a nap or something now, but don't know :colondollar:

Duck zombies are the best sorts of zombies :loveduck: :colone:

Hope the hen do goes okay :s-smilie: Can you take yourself away from the action for a bit/recover/recharge mid-way through? I'm sorry your gf's not being nice about it :frown: :console:

Sounds really great :smile: Glad you're more relaxed - Hope the interview gets sorted/goes okay!

I'm not sure whether to try watching DS9 or not - or whether to try and go through all of TNG and Voyager instead? Watched a fair amount of both of them, but probably still less than half (at least for Voyager, anyway) :dontknow:

:eek: Good luck! :woo: How've you been?

Curry. :sick:

:tongue:

:hide:

Yays for umbrella guy/you :biggrin: I like rain sometimes, but not when it's pissing down :/ (and preferably when I have a coat/something that won't get soaked :tongue:)

Hope bar-ness goes okay - Really hope you enjoy it, have some fun :woo: Though I can appreciate scariness :eek:

Edit: Realise I missed your other post :s-smilie: I'm afraid I don't properly have any advice because I don't know enough (well, anything :colondollar:) about meds really, but I just thought I'd send :hugs:/wishes that this one works out/helps a lot - and hopefully side effects aren't too severe.
I guess they can't properly know long-long term side effects, but I guess they wouldn't be using it/have it certified if they didn't think that the overall benefit was better than any possible side effects? :dontknow:

:woo: Glad today's gone well :biggrin: and super-yays for Mum being nice/not as you feared!

:hi:

(also :blush: for being quoted :colondollar: :redface: How're you doing? :smile:)
:hugs: Sorry I don't have any advice :s-smilie:

I would suggest watching TNG ans then following it with DS9 as it makes most sense that way. Voyager is more or less a stand-alone with regards to story arc so you can watch that whenever.
Reply 1068
Still on 1:1 :frown:

I don't know why they won't let me sleep. The noise and light at night are so much. I kept falling asleep and they woke me up each time. Some massive guy came and shook me at midnight to take meds which was a bit scary.

I'm refusing meds at the moment but from what they've said I have until Tuesday and they will force meds, probably depot and I think they are going to give me depixol which I don't want. They don't seem to have a clue what they are doing with treatment though. They offered ECT as an option and I am thinking I might take that cos I am scared of depixol and generally stopping and starting strong drugs cos they don't know what they're doing. It is just going to **** me up physically and mentally.

Has anyone had ECT?
Long day ahead of me, going up to uni for resits. Think I'm going to have to sleep on the train if I'm going to survive. Didn't get tons of sleep last night. Already a bit tired.
Hugs to everyone, especially Jay :jumphug: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

Original post by alexs2602

I do have some good news if people read this though, if I can remember it all.

Oooh, we do all like a bit of good news :biggrin: What's yours? :h:

Sorry to hear you're a bit tired :console:

Original post by Odd socks
My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww hun! Glad to hear it :jumphug:
sickeningly anxious. really really bad. haven't slept at all the last 2 nights. I ****ing wish someone could come and make this stop. having weird intrusive thoughts and I just want it to stop
:eek: I thought I'd missed a reply to you - just found your post in another tab :colondollar:

Sounds busy! No need to apologise though! :smile: Where do you work? (If you don't mind me asking - perfectly cool if not)
Awesome :gah: I used to drive an older citroen C3, but parents changed cars :s-smilie: Not sure I like this one as much, but then I haven't driven it much/not used to it. Yeah need to drive too :s-smilie: Good :smile: Yays you're excited tooo! :biggrin: (Though sorry for anxiety too :redface: :console:)

Exactly! :redface: Oh yeah! Well we have one sharing block, though it's only if the Uni/accomodation's been oversubscribed - and only if you're unlucky really :colondollar: Though it's only for a single term that you share - then they sort you out somewhere else not shared :smile:

Haha, thanks :colondollar: :lol: I've never even heard of that show :tongue: I'm not the biggest chilli fan tbh, though there weren't any kidney beans, so that's a plus :tongue: Though was too hot/spicy for me really :sad: (Me + spicy = :nah: :tongue:) Still nice though :smile: Did you have a nice restaurant meal?

Haha :colondollar: Oh :frown: That doesn't sound very fair or nice at all - you've done amazingly! :eek:

Spoiler

Thanks, was sort of nice, though didn't have much me-time, and now slightly panicked by something else :s-smilie: :frown: Will probably rant about it in a sec. Bleh.

haha its okay, its me who took ages to reply! I just work in a charity shop on friday afternoons, it can get a bit stressful when customers are rude :frown:
my mom has a toyota aygo, which i think is pretty much the same car, just a different make! I really should make an effort to drive, because I do want too but, at the same time, I’m not doing too well, and i don’t know where to drive/drivers make it so stressful!

yeah i am excited about uni, but its coming round waaaay too fast, like its only a month or so until I’m leaving and its crazy! i think id rather go private than share my room…i definitely need my own space. Thats another thing I’m kinda worried about, living with so many people and not getting any ‘me time’, cos i don’t wanna look antisocial, but i need to recharge my batteries sometimes!

hahah i love killer kids, I’m into all things murder-y (only because i want to be a homicide detective, I’m not a closet murderer :colondollar:) so I’m so sad that no one has finished uploading season 3 yet :frown: :lol: #firstworldproblems or what? :tongue: yeah I’m not a spicy food person either, but i just don’t like chilli at all, I’m pretty fussy when it comes to food :redface: yes i did thank you, had gammon and eggs and then this toffee popcorn sundae mmm :coma:

thank you, she kept going on about how other people didn’t learn as much as i did for psychology and I’m like, and thats why no one else got an A* isn’t it? idiot -.-

I ended up watching fingerprints (a horror, surprise surprise :wink:) but I’ve seen it before :lol: what’s wrong? :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Oooh, we do all like a bit of good news :biggrin: What's yours? :h:

Sorry to hear you're a bit tired :console:

For some reason I don't think people understand when I don't get enough sleep I'm really irritable. I'm a grumpy bastard. I'm called up when I'm dead to the world? I open my eyes long enough to answer the phone and then my eyes are closed again, I don't even raise myself from the bed, I want this phone call over as soon as possible - not having to explain the simplest things about computers or whatever when I'm too tired to be awake. I got to sleep early-ish last night. Didn't last long - woke after about 2 hours, stayed awake for another 3 or 4 hours and got 2 odd more hours.

Nothing amazing but I think the good news was I was at the gig, right at the very front of the barriers, touched one or two band members which is always awesome. Second time I've done that with this band now. Bought a limited edition poster AND got it signed by the frontman later on. So the plan is to get it framed and now I'll have two pieces of decoration for my bedroom - two limited edition music posters. :smile:
god, you can always tell i've had a bad night because i wake up and my sheets are all over the floor and my muscles ache :frown: dealing with bad bad thoughts late into the night, i don't wanna do this every night :frown:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1076
Original post by Team_McDreamy

Spoiler

Because by an abuse of power, psychiatrists get away with your telling them that you don't think they can help as a sign of illness or illogical thinking. Even if it is out of personal experience and it is an intellectual decision. Psychiatry is like a religion except heathens are treated as mentally unsound.

I know many people here have got better with medication but I wonder how many actually got better in spite of treatment rather than with the aid of it. I know my mind spontaneously heals itself
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, generally I don't mind rain but it was cold rain today so I was shivering. Definitely appreciated umbrella guy. :tongue: The bar was ok, I didn't speak too much but enjoyed just being around people and of course the cider :biggrin:

Thanks for the encouragement. I've been giving it some thought and reckon I am going to try this drug. Right now things just seem to be getting more difficult every day so, despite the side effects, I'm willing to try something new if it means quiet.

About your degu...my mum gave my cat away when I was younger because she couldn't stand him bringing in half-dead mice all the time. It was horrible saying goodbye to something that meant so much to me and even now I still hope that he went to a good home. I'd say that you should take him to the shelter not pets at home, it sounds like you really care for your degu so I think you should put him somewhere that actually knows what they're dealing with. Pets at home never felt particularly caring when I've been in their stores.

:eek: Yeah not good :nope: I always picture america as being hot every day, or snowing every day - is this not true? :colondollar:
Glad you had a good time :biggrin:

Hope it works out for you :smile: :hugs:

Thanks for advice/encouragement :redface: I'm also not convinced about P@H - while I think having him in a shop/with lots of people will keep him interested, the cage/place they keep them just seem too small. Will give them a call still possibly/might not have a choice.
Partly just worried because it's a 3 hour drive to the shelter - not sure if the stress of the journey (for pumpernickel) would outweigh the stress of a small cage :dontknow: I suppose I'd be more comfortable having the long journey/having him in the shelter. Just that they'd probably care for him more while he's there. (Plus people visiting there will be there specifically to adopt an animal, rather than just get a pet?) Sorry for the ramble :colondollar: I really appreciate you reading all that from before though, too :redface:

Original post by ByronicHero
I would suggest watching TNG ans then following it with DS9 as it makes most sense that way. Voyager is more or less a stand-alone with regards to story arc so you can watch that whenever.

Didn't realise they linked in/followed :redface: I suppose time-wise I knew they did :colondollar: Will maybe watch an episode each night or something when I'm back at Uni :tongue:

Original post by ScaryScience
sickeningly anxious. really really bad. haven't slept at all the last 2 nights. I ****ing wish someone could come and make this stop. having weird intrusive thoughts and I just want it to stop

:hugs: Wish I could :frown: :jumphug: Remember I'm always here if you need a rant/anything

Original post by lauraaaaa
haha its okay, its me who took ages to reply! I just work in a charity shop on friday afternoons, it can get a bit stressful when customers are rude :frown:
my mom has a toyota aygo, which i think is pretty much the same car, just a different make! I really should make an effort to drive, because I do want too but, at the same time, I’m not doing too well, and i don’t know where to drive/drivers make it so stressful!

yeah i am excited about uni, but its coming round waaaay too fast, like its only a month or so until I’m leaving and its crazy! i think id rather go private than share my room…i definitely need my own space. Thats another thing I’m kinda worried about, living with so many people and not getting any ‘me time’, cos i don’t wanna look antisocial, but i need to recharge my batteries sometimes!

hahah i love killer kids, I’m into all things murder-y (only because i want to be a homicide detective, I’m not a closet murderer :colondollar:) so I’m so sad that no one has finished uploading season 3 yet :frown: :lol: #firstworldproblems or what? :tongue: yeah I’m not a spicy food person either, but i just don’t like chilli at all, I’m pretty fussy when it comes to food :redface: yes i did thank you, had gammon and eggs and then this toffee popcorn sundae mmm :coma:

thank you, she kept going on about how other people didn’t learn as much as i did for psychology and I’m like, and thats why no one else got an A* isn’t it? idiot -.-

I ended up watching fingerprints (a horror, surprise surprise :wink:) but I’ve seen it before :lol: what’s wrong? :hugs:

Ah cool :smile: That makes me surprised customers would be rude in a charity shop though! :eek: :sad: I used to volunteer/work in one for my DofE, but luckily was upstairs in the stock room just sorting books :tongue: :hide:
Ah yeah, they're similar :smile: They're really small :tongue: If you're not feeling well then don't feel as though you need to! :console:

Haha, agree that it feels quite close now :redface: Yeah I'm not sure how I would've felt sharing a room :s-smilie: Was cheaper I guess :dontknow: Though that said living at home now with relatives here is sort of horrible for having my own space - and they don't even come into my room that much! :eek: I'd say you're generally fine for getting your own time? At least I think I did just about - you have a lock on your door/can just stay there when you need it - I'd say first term people seemed to be out and about more, but gradually people start spending more time in their room?
I spent a lot of periods in the terms sort of just hiding when I've been bad - people did I suppose notice/asked "Where have you been Phil?" well, "people" being friends across the corridor :redface: Found it annoying/scary when they noticed sort of, but I mean it was okay :redface:
(Though as I say all this - do be careful to not hide too much, which I think is what I did probably :s-smilie: :dontknow: Probably still will next year too)

Haha :colondollar: Of course, of course :wink: :eek:
Hehe :redface: ooo gammon and eggs is awesome - I should probably order it next time I'm at a pub/restaurant :redface:

Sorry she's been like that :/ Not exactly encouraging of her :unimpressed:

:lol: I can't watch horror things at all - get too scared/paranoid after watching things like that. At least if it's night-time/dark. :hide:

See earlier spoilered long post/ramble :s-smilie: It's fine, just I don't know. :sad: (though it is quite a ramble so don't worry about it :colondollar:)

Original post by Team_McDreamy
god, you can always tell i've had a bad night because i wake up and my sheets are all over the floor and my muscles ache :frown: dealing with bad bad thoughts late into the night, i don't wanna do this every night :frown:

Spoiler

:frown: :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by SweetNothing

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Really not happy the access course I did half of last year is changing exam board from ocnw to asentisis and now I am moving over to the new diploma not the old one. What's gonna happen with my current modules do they get included?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yays for seeing light :biggrin: That sounds really good :smile: Glad your Dad wasn't too bad about it either.

:eek: That's awesome!! :biggrin: Very exciting news :yep: Going into a shared house this year myself and I didn't even think of that though :tongue: :facepalm:
Yays though - I guess you'll be looking at places soon enough, too? :smile: We left it far too late last year :tongue: (Though luckily did eventually find somewhere nice!)

Well done :redface: Yeah sorry I realise I probably don't know/can't appreciate just how scary it must be to start new meds (not having been on any myself) - I hope it works out well/helps though.
Thanks :redface: Had a bit of a hit/panicking slightly (though sort of ignoring it :s-smilie:) :dontknow: It sounds as though you're very good today (?) :biggrin: :woo:

It's nice, I've enjoyed it so far :redface: Love the campus partly just because of the duck ponds/lake :biggrin:
:h: Likewise! :hugs:

I might have, yeah! Haha I've only ever played Sims 1 :colondollar: Should maybe get sims 2 at some point, though I tried to a while a go, and it crashed - though that was an old computer. Part of the reason I like sims 1 is that I have all the expansions :colondollar: :biggrin: (or at least I did, might have gotten rid of some :s-smilie:) Sims 4 will be on sale at some point though, I'm sure! :smile:

Not much :colondollar: Spent today with grandparents and Auntie/Cousin, was nice, though anxious starting. Not had much time to myself unforunately - but oh well :redface: Really glad that today's been good for you :smile: (?)

Frozen? :biggrin: They're the only disney songs I properly know :getmecoat: (besides a few)

Thank you so much. :biggrin:
I'm super excited, I've never moved house in my life and to move in with my boyfriend and feel safe every night will be amazing. :biggrin: I don't feel safe when my boyfriend goes home because my dad goes to work in the very early mornings and I get scared and then im home alone until early evening.
That's so cool, are you excited? :biggrin: We've been looking a little bit today, we don't know if we're getting a house or flat. Depends on how many people. But found a really nice house. :biggrin: I'm glad you found somewhere nice. :smile:

Don't be sorry at all, you've done nothing wrong! :smile: Thanks. :smile: What happened? Did anything trigger it? :frown: I hope you're feeling better now. :hugs: I was really good yesterday thank you. :smile: Didn't take my meds again.. Ugh. :frown: I'm paranoid of starting them.

That's really good. :smile: Aww I love ducks. :biggrin: They're so adorable, I want a pet duck. :biggrin: :hugs:

That's so cool, the expansions look good but so expensive. :frown: I may have to get sims 4 if it goes on sale. :wink:

Sounds lovely that you've been around your family. :smile: How come you were anxious? :frown: I hope the anxiousness passed. I hope you have more time to yourself today. Some me time. :smile:

I lovee frozen. :biggrin: I enjoy singing along to the soundtrack. :wink:

Latest