The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I was just on about how I'm not bothered about hiding - I know I'm not attractive but I put my pictures up because I'm not bothered.

Oh yeah, then I made a little comment about tom which I expect to get a blue card for when I go on my laptop... :wink:

But srs, back to football
The game tonight is gonna be really interesting, can't wait

Spoiler

I think 1-1 is the scoreline i'm going for later.
Original post by Gob Bluth

Spoiler

I think 1-1 is the scoreline i'm going for later.

Meh, it happens man.
If I was ashamed i wouldn't put any pictures up, but some people are told regardless.

1-1 would be a great result for us - want Everton AND arsenal to drop points.
I don't dislike arsenal as a team but they're our main rivals, and their fans are general pretty annoying (with the exception of some quality posters on here)
Reckon we'll edge it 2-1
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
Meh, just a sign of desperation when you move on to personal things.
But luckily I'm not bothered, so it's all good

I dunno, Everton are good but you definitely should be getting the points
Won't be easy but you have the quality

Maybe, but I remember what happened last season, so I'm not too hopeful.
Original post by BenAssirati
Maybe, but I remember what happened last season, so I'm not too hopeful.

and significantly, have we addressed the issues from last season? No.
Podolski didn't travel to Everton but BFG and Mesut did, don't want to read too much into it but it kinda fuels rumours of him leaving... which would upset me simply because everyone loves Lukas

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4846
Original post by SHOO
Anyone know what went wrong at Remy's medical?

Nope, but he has a known heart condition (but cleared to play before). Maybe Liverpool just used it as an excuse to back out if they had hopes of getting Balotelli.
Am I the only one thinking Podolski + £20m for Reus? Dortmund would take the German international, and if Reus does really have a ridiculously low buyout clause, Dortmund would take that deal.
Everton to score is 5/2. Seems like easy money to me.
Am I the only one thinking Podolski + £20m for Reus? Dortmund would take the German international, and if Reus does really have a ridiculously low buyout clause, Dortmund would take that deal.

No they wouldn't. That's a terrible deal from their pov.

Every club in Europe will be after him next summer, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Original post by sr90

Every club in Europe will be after him next summer, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Considering his buyout might be £19.8m next year, I fail to see how £20m and Podolski is a terrible deal.
Original post by sr90

His buyout activates next summer for 20m, so he'll end up at Bayern...
Reply 4852
If Podolski does leave then it'll mean that we're odds on to get an attacker..

1) We'll loose depth
2) Itll free up the number 9 shirt
3) I just hope the above two points are good enough to bring in another striker

:frown:
Considering his buyout might be £19.8m next year, I fail to see how £20m and Podolski is a terrible deal.

Keyword: next year. Why would they agree to it now?

They could have got £30m for Lewandowski last summer but let him leave on a free instead.
Original post by sr90

They could have got £30m for Lewandowski last summer but let him leave on a free instead.

Which was utterly stupid business...
Original post by SHOO
If Podolski does leave then it'll mean that we're odds on to get an attacker..

1) We'll loose depth
2) Itll free up the number 9 shirt
3) I just hope the above two points are good enough to bring in another striker

:frown:

Poldi is a glorified Eboue/Santos type, a class clown. If he's not stunting for Instagram, he's smiley like a loon. He works like this;

Bench, decent sub performances, poor starting performances, bench.

If we can get £10-£15m for a 29 year old who is on £100k a week and more often than not, on the bench, I'd take thee money and run. I would expect AW to have someone in mind if Poldi went, whether than be using Gnabry/Campbell more or getting someone in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4856
Am I the only one thinking Podolski + £20m for Reus? Dortmund would take the German international,

Based on? Klopp had public beef with Podolski and called him overrated and "too expensive considering he delivers once in a few weeks", not to mention that Podolski doesn't fit their high pressing game at all and can hardly fill the CAM role that Reus frequently plays. Don't see what his German nationality has to do with it either, BVB don't care about that too much at all, they're not Bayern.

and if Reus does really have a ridiculously low buyout clause, Dortmund would take that deal.

They rejected more lucrative deals, regardless of the b/o clause, so 20m plus Podolski is hardly too good to turn down. And Reus hasn't even turned Bvb's contract offer down yet, if they were sure he'd turn it down they could already have accepted one of the other offers.

Don't see why Reus would agree to the move either. He rejected Bayern and Real while at BVB, and one SportBild quote (who are as reliable as caughtoffside for quotes) about him being an Arsenal fan as a kid doesn't make it likely that he'd throw his "won't leave BVB this summer" credo overboard for Arsenal. Especially considering he'll probably have all of Europe's top clubs in a wage bidding war to choose from next year.

This Reus obsession is just a pipedream, it won't happen.

Original post by Pete_91
His buyout activates next summer for 20m, so he'll end up at Bayern...

He allegedly rejected Bayern this summer, so we'll see. And the 20m figure comes from Bayern officials, more reliable sources all said €35.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90

Pretty sure they accepted a bid for real Madrid but lewandowski was set on bayern

Posted from TSR Mobile

No disrespect to Podolski, but I guess Dortmund will not take that deal, as Podolski is not to compare with Reus who is one of the best midfielder in Bundesliga, possibly even the best one at the moment. Another reason why Reus will not move to Arsenal is the wage. Dortmund would pay 6 Millions of euros, if he give the clause up. I cannot imagine that Arsenal would offer such a sum of wage for him. In other words: he is too expensive!
Original post by Kallisto
No disrespect to Podolski, but I guess Dortmund will not take that deal, as Podolski is not to compare with Reus who is one of the best midfielder in Bundesliga, possibly even the best one at the moment. Another reason why Reus will not move to Arsenal is the wage. Dortmund would pay 6 Millions of euros, if he give the clause up. I cannot imagine that Arsenal would offer such a sum of wage for him. In other words: he is too expensive!

6 million euros is €115k a week which is £92k a week

He would probably get a higher contract than that here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest