The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Childs Hall 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbiev19
Hmm yeah you're not alone there! Although I'm sure when we get there we'll realise we had nothing to worry about :smile:

Yea i'm sure! Once we've all settled in it'll be good. Where are you from? :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by FrankieBritton
Yea i'm sure! Once we've all settled in it'll be good. Where are you from? :smile:

Yep :smile: I'm from Essex, how about yourself?
Yep :smile: I'm from Essex, how about yourself?

No way! Me too in Colchester :smile:
Reply 23
Oooh nice! Been there quite a few times although admittedly just for the zoo :tongue: Have you bought your freshers wrist band yet?
Oooh nice! Been there quite a few times although admittedly just for the zoo :tongue: Have you bought your freshers wrist band yet?

Yea the zoo is great! So where abouts in Essex are you then? :smile: yea i have and i've done all the jcr fees as well so i think i'm all sorted :biggrin:
Reply 25
Yea the zoo is great! So where abouts in Essex are you then? :smile: yea i have and i've done all the jcr fees as well so i think i'm all sorted :biggrin:

A bit further out in Wickford if you've heard of it? Yeah same here, feeling quite apprehensive about freshers if i'm honest!
A bit further out in Wickford if you've heard of it? Yeah same here, feeling quite apprehensive about freshers if i'm honest!

Oh right yea i've heard of it but have no idea where it is haha! Me too! Going to be weird partying/going out with loads of strangers!! SCARY!
Reply 27
Its near Basildon, not the most exciting place... Yes! That's my worry too, I can't even imagine doing it. But then again I suppose every one makes friends very quickly in this kind of environment :smile:
Its near Basildon, not the most exciting place... Yes! That's my worry too, I can't even imagine doing it. But then again I suppose every one makes friends very quickly in this kind of environment :smile:

Oh right yea don't worry neither is Colchester! No i can't either. It's going to be really strange but everyone's in the same boat i guess so yea we will hopefully find friends soon enough :smile: Do you have anyone you know going to Reading? I literally have like no one i know at all!
Reply 29
Oh right yea don't worry neither is Colchester! No i can't either. It's going to be really strange but everyone's in the same boat i guess so yea we will hopefully find friends soon enough :smile: Do you have anyone you know going to Reading? I literally have like no one i know at all!

I know one girl in the second year but that's it, I imagine lots of people will be in the same position as you though :smile:
I know one girl in the second year but that's it, I imagine lots of people will be in the same position as you though :smile:

Well yea i reckon! Can't wait to get room numbers now really!
Reply 31
Well yea i reckon! Can't wait to get room numbers now really!

Me too, will feel so much better when I know who my flat mates are!
Me too, will feel so much better when I know who my flat mates are!

Yea same i think we get given them too late though. We should get them earlier so we can get chatting with everyone!
Reply 33
Yep I agree would make things a little less scary. Less than a month to go now!
Yep I agree would make things a little less scary. Less than a month to go now!

Yea i know! They released the first two themes for freshers today on Facebook on the Childs Hall page are you on that? The t-shirt idea seems good :smile:
Reply 35
Yea i know! They released the first two themes for freshers today on Facebook on the Childs Hall page are you on that? The t-shirt idea seems good :smile:

I am :smile: yeah I really liked that idea too!
I am :smile: yeah I really liked that idea too!

Yea it's good. I hope that the fancy dress days are good themes too. but i also hope that i'm not going to have to buy new outfits for each night though!! That's gonna be expensive!
Reply 37
Yea it's good. I hope that the fancy dress days are good themes too. but i also hope that i'm not going to have to buy new outfits for each night though!! That's gonna be expensive!

Nah I doubt it'll be that bad as I'm sure the unis will try and make the fancy dress nights somewhat affordable... hopefully anyway!
Nah I doubt it'll be that bad as I'm sure the unis will try and make the fancy dress nights somewhat affordable... hopefully anyway!

well i hope so! If they did like a black and white night or something that would be good hmm i wonder what they'll choose. So excitingg!
Reply 39
well i hope so! If they did like a black and white night or something that would be good hmm i wonder what they'll choose. So excitingg!

They'll probably do something like that so we don't have to spend any extra money on outfits. I know it really is! I've bought so much stuff for uni it's crazy, definitely gonna come over prepared.

Quick Reply

Latest