The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Patrick Gekko
I think it is UMS
My physics was 90+ for p1 p2 and the ISA
But my p3 was 68 (c)
Overall I got 355

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Where can I convert the ums to marks? And my history is ocr, but I think it's the marks on my results, so it confused me abit! :-)
Original post by Caitlin.thomas98
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for WJEC Geography (A) Unit 2??
Original post by Sarah Bethany

Thank you! Sorry to bother you, but could you like translate them for me?? Like what mark would I have needed to get an A*??
Thank you! Sorry to bother you, but could you like translate them for me?? Like what mark would I have needed to get an A*??

Well, tbh, I'm a bit confused by it... Unless I've got the wrong one.. This looks like you can only get a C, as if it's a foundation paper... Do you know if this is the right paper or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, got the wrong one! This is it:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, tbh, I'm a bit confused by it... Unless I've got the wrong one.. This looks like you can only get a C, as if it's a foundation paper... Do you know if this is the right paper or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I was thinking! Its got the same code as the one on my results sheet, and there doesn't seem to be a higher version on the WJEC website, so I don't know! Thank you for all this by the way!
Yeah that's what I was thinking! 😦 Its got the same code as the one on my results sheet, and there doesn't seem to be a higher version on the WJEC website, so I don't know! Thank you for all this by the way!

See above reply :tongue: ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
See above reply :tongue: ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha I didn't see that, thank you!!
Aha I didn't see that, thank you!!

No problem! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarGirlFrankie
Thanks. Where can I convert the ums to marks? And my history is ocr, but I think it's the marks on my results, so it confused me abit! :-)

Just google (exam board) ums converter - but I don't think all exam boards have one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the UMS for Edexcel ICT for an A*.

More specifically, the living in a modern world

Much appreciated.
I can't find any of the CIE boundaries (English lit. 0486, lang.0500 and German 0677A). The link in the OP doesn't show the boundaries:confused:
Original post by Mr.Samba
Does anyone know the UMS for Edexcel ICT for an A*.

More specifically, the living in a modern world

Much appreciated.

This it?
1408743779010.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's always worth a punt to get them remarked if you're very close to the next grade. There's nothing to lose.

Well, money. But it ain't yours. :u:
I was only 4 marks off an A* in Chemistry, oh well. My brother was only 2 marks off an A in Maths though, which he really needs. Maybe he should get a remark.
If I got 7 UMS away from an A* in Latin should I get a remark?
I was only 4 raw marks away from an A* in AQA Geog..remark???
Original post by emma_1111
If I got 7 UMS away from an A* in Latin should I get a remark?

I wouldn't expect anything to come of it - Latin exams are not exactly susceptible to ambiguous marking. It's relatively close though - if you have money to burn...

Remember, an A is a great result and you should feel proud of yourself anyway!

That said, I guess the ten markers and eight markers could get bumped up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by emma_1111
I was only 4 raw marks away from an A* in AQA Geog..remark???

You've got a chance. The thing is that four whole marks will not be able to be simply 'found' - you'd need sufficient questions with subjective-style marking, so you could potentially make one extra mark on each - you'd have to do that four times. That, or hope the examiner missed out a section (but e-marking systems mean that it's very rare nowadays).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest