The Student Room Group

Professional skills test, please help!

Hey guys,

I will be taking my professional skills test in a month and I wanted some tips on how to revise.

hope you can help
Original post by cherry_heart2047
Hey guys,

I will be taking my professional skills test in a month and I wanted some tips on how to revise.

hope you can help

Professional skills in what? This may be the wrong forum.
Hey guys,

hope you can help

Do you mean for QTS?
If so, use the practise tests so you get used to the format and mental maths sections. Use the government website to see what topics will come to and what you need to revise. For both it is just a question of practising the skills they want from you. There is a big topic on the tests in the Education and Teaching forum :smile:
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Professional skills in what? This may be the wrong forum.

Hey sorry i didn't make it clear. it is a test you have to pass before becoming a teacher.
Original post by Shelly_x
Do you mean for QTS?
If so, use the practise tests so you get used to the format and mental maths sections. Use the government website to see what topics will come to and what you need to revise. For both it is just a question of practising the skills they want from you. There is a big topic on the tests in the Education and Teaching forum :smile:

yes i mean the QTS. i wanted to ask on the website of the literacy test where it has the practice papers and the information, it also has the glossary. i wanted to know is the 10 spells on the literacy from that glossary?
Hey sorry i didn't make it clear. it is a test you have to pass before becoming a teacher.

Thought that's what you meant but wasn't sure. I'll move it to Education and Teaching.
yes i mean the QTS. i wanted to ask on the website of the literacy test where it has the practice papers and the information, it also has the glossary. i wanted to know is the 10 spells on the literacy from that glossary?

The glossary is just literary terms like alliteration, metaphor etc. as far as im aware? Unless you are talking about a different glossary.
There are lists of spellings you should know if you just google something like 'qts test literacy spellings'. Or you can use the search bar at the top of this forum to see if anyone else has previously put up lists/advice for the spellings. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending