The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5180
Original post by BenAssirati
Why not both? I don't see why we can't sign top quality players in both positions (as long as we beat Besiktas).

Also, now that Giroud is injured again, we definitely need a striker. I am NOT relying on Yaya Sanogo.

Oh nah I was just speaking in terms of priority. A CDM is needed more adm..

I hope Giroud is out for 8 weeks.. I think next Wednesday is gonna have a huge say on what we do for the remainder of the transfer window.

Also, now I realise why Wenger hasn't been playing Campbell. Man was absolutely woeful when he came on today
Reply 5181
Original post by AR_95
Sanogo wasn't even on bench today

He's injured I think
Original post by AR_95
Sanogo wasn't even on bench today

He's injured. Thankfully.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5183
How was Song for us a few years ago? I didn't really watch much football back then apart from our CL games :s
Original post by SHOO
LOL poor guy is really on the downfall now isn't he?

Nah **** Song. I don't like him.

Though if he didn't leave he would have been useful as ****.. The season he left he was arguably our most valuable player (behind RVP)

I don't even think he is a professional anymore. He was rejected by some rubbish European team and is now a free agent.

Eh, his attitude was never particularly good, and he was absolutely terrible in his role, but Barcelona taught him restraint and how to play his part. He no longer gets caught out or leaves the defense wide open. He might be useful.
Would you hold it against me if I said Arsenal should off load Wilshire?
Original post by SHOO

Also, now I realise why Wenger hasn't been playing Campbell. Man was absolutely woeful when he came on today

Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't make any mistakes and passed the ball well, cant ask much more from him when he's on his debut and gets 17 minutes to play..
If Song is still as good as he was when we sold him. I'd take him back if no other decent DMs are available.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LostGear

Depends, who would you get in to fill the void? I mean he hasn't been playing great, but neither has Ozil.
Original post by LostGear

There's no real reason to, we had this same conversation in here about Ramsey in 2013. Let's just buy the players we need and not rely on him suddenly recapturing his 2010 form.
Yeah I don't know what the obsession on here is with selling players who aren't lighting up the league.

The same ones would be moaning 2 months later about our lack of depth.
Well, that was ****. Sorry, but, we came back and so what? We were so **** in the first half. I feel like drowning my sorrows further.
Original post by Pete_91
Injured again? Pretty sure that's his first injury for Arsenal.

Not good news though Sanchez needs work if he is to play up top.

He hasn't really had a major injury, but he almost always picks up a few strains or muscle injuries. Nothing big.

I know, Sanchez is not ready for being our main CF, especially if he is surrounded by midgets like himself.
Reply 5193
Original post by JammyGit07
Posted from TSR Mobile

He didn't make any mistakes and passed the ball well, cant ask much more from him when he's on his debut and gets 17 minutes to play..

I think he made quite a few. Didn't really have a good touch either.. Maybe it's just a matter of becoming used to the surroundings.
Original post by SHOO
Oh nah I was just speaking in terms of priority. A CDM is needed more adm..

I hope Giroud is out for 8 weeks.. I think next Wednesday is gonna have a huge say on what we do for the remainder of the transfer window.

Campbell wasn't woeful, he did his job. Picking up the ball, playing passes, and running around. Nothing spectacular but solid.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Well, that was ****. Sorry, but, we came back and so what? We were so **** in the first half. I feel like drowning my sorrows further.

You are always moaning so perhaps you should skip the sorrows part and just drown yourself?
Reply 5196
Campbell wasn't woeful, he did his job. Picking up the ball, playing passes, and running around. Nothing spectacular but solid.

I dunna, didn't really impress me to be honest, he lost the ball quite a few times and didn't have a convincing touch either. I'm sure he'll pick up tho
You are always moaning so perhaps you should skip the sorrows part and just drown yourself?

It's not ****ing good enough ffs. We should be winning these games. We don't look like we can win a title. It's a cup run this season.
Match cliffs and player cliffs please
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Match cliffs and player cliffs please

Wilshere ****. Ozil played out of position.

Latest