The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nah allow the hype please. Campbell was pretty **** when he came on. Didn't expect much when he came on but basic things like first touch were not even there.
Original post by SHOO
I dunna, didn't really impress me to be honest, he lost the ball quite a few times and didn't have a convincing touch either. I'm sure he'll pick up tho

I didn't notice him make any major errors, and he was quite good at making runs from left to right. Much like Ox this game.
Original post by Tom_Ford
It's not ****ing good enough ffs. We should be winning these games. We don't look like we can win a title. It's a cup run this season.

We came back from 2-0 down at Goodison. It may not be brilliant but that's still pretty damn good. Considering we are already getting points against teams we weren't last season, and scoring the goals we weren't last season, maybe you should be a little more optimistic and stop writing us off after 2 games?
Odd. Twitter talk of Giroud being injured. So that would be him and Arteta both out, if God was ever trying to send us a sign, I think this would be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BenAssirati
We came back from 2-0 down at Goodison. It may not be brilliant but that's still pretty damn good. Considering we are already getting points against teams we weren't last season, and scoring the goals we weren't last season, maybe you should be a little more optimistic and stop writing us off after 2 games?

Everton should be a team we are beating. To get steamrollered in the first half against them is just not right. I don't care what your "Mr Optimist" head is telling you, the fact is that the defence left a lot to be desired for and got bailed out by Ramsey (again) and an admittedly good Giroud goal. Tactically Ozil on the left? Come on ffs, you know that it was omnishambolic. We were so tactically inept in the first half it was incredible.
Original post by Peggles_*
Odd. Twitter talk of Giroud being injured. So that would be him and Arteta both out, if God was ever trying to send us a sign, I think this would be it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Add that to the fact that we have had CB problems too!

#signsfromabove
Everton should be a team we are beating. To get steamrollered in the first half against them is just not right. I don't care what your "Mr Optimist" head is telling you, the fact is that the defence left a lot to be desired for and got bailed out by Ramsey (again) and an admittedly good Giroud goal. Tactically Ozil on the left? Come on ffs, you know that it was omnishambolic. We were so tactically inept in the first half it was incredible.

mate get it in your head Goodison is not an easy place to go to. Ask Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City etc.

And we just got countered in the first half which is expected since they were just sitting deep with that Ultra Defensive mentality.

Be easy brah.

We were rubbish yet we still salvaged a point. We were rubbish last game yet we still won. What does that tell you about our title hopes?

Agreed. But even so we still got a point more than last year, and we probably can't play much worse than that!

No one disagrees with the fact that we were tactically hopeless and have been under Wenger away from home in big games for a while now.
Reply 5209
I never thought I'd be scared that Giroud is injured..
Original post by Pete_91
Agreed. But even so we still got a point more than last year, and we probably can't play much worse than that!

No one disagrees with the fact that we were tactically hopeless and have been under Wenger away from home in big games for a while now.

If we have a look here at the formation, playing Ozil on the left flank together with Monreal is moronic. They are not strong/fast so when Everton break they were full of confidence down that side. It's a similar problem to last year. We are not playing the right players on the flanks. I don't get the Wenger obsession with playing a slow but skillful technical player on the left flank.
Reply 5211
Original post by Peggles_*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think its us that needs a sign. I think its the big boss :rolleyes:

If we have a look here at the formation, playing Ozil on the left flank together with Monreal is moronic. They are not strong/fast so when Everton break they were full of confidence down that side. It's a similar problem to last year. We are not playing the right players on the flanks. I don't get the Wenger obsession with playing a slow but skillful technical player on the left flank.

I have no idea why he does that either...
Reply 5213
On the plus side, we got a point from Goodison Park, and we got one in August. This means that for another year or so, we wont have to travel to Goodison Park in the premier league.. which is always good. When we got banged last time it was during March and it really ****ed us up (albeit we went on a winning streak after) - at least now the reverse fixture will be at the Emirates and.. we havnt lost at home since opening day of last season :wink:

If we can even salvage a point from Stamford bridge, Ethiad & Anfield then it'll be a better season for us. If we maintain our stance as flat track bullies then who knows eh :rolleyes:
Original post by SHOO
On the plus side, we got a point from Goodison Park, and we got one in August. This means that for another year or so, we wont have to travel to Goodison Park in the premier league.. which is always good. When we got banged last time it was during March and it really ****ed us up (albeit we went on a winning streak after) - at least now the reverse fixture will be at the Emirates and.. we havnt lost at home since opening day of last season :wink:

If we can even salvage a point from Stamford bridge, Ethiad & Anfield then it'll be a better season for us. If we maintain our stance as flat track bullies then who knows eh :rolleyes:

We have a much nicer fixture list this year too.
Giroud's injury is bad apparently. Wenger, about Giroud's injury: "Stretched ankle... at the moment it doesn't look too good."

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm still very happy with our team's mental strength and togetherness. Impressive turnaround.
Reply 5217
Original post by Pete_91
We have a much nicer fixture list this year too.

Yup, see below - the ones that I've highlighted seem to be the toughest games and theyre spread apart pretty nicely so I see no reason why we cant do better in them.

On another note, united will be second to last fixture.. it'll be really annoying because those last fixtures always have a lot of meaning for us =\

Sunday 31 August 2014 - Leicester v Arsenal - King Power Stadium

Saturday 13 September 2014 - Arsenal v Man City - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 20 September 2014 - Aston Villa v Arsenal - Villa Park

Saturday 27 September 2014 - Arsenal v Spurs - Emirates Stadium

Sunday 5 October 2014 - Chelsea v Arsenal Stamford Bridge

Saturday 18 October 2014 - Arsenal v Hull - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 25 October 2014 - Sunderland v Arsenal - Stadium of Light

Saturday 1 November 2014 - Arsenal v Burnley - Emirates Stadium

Sunday 9 November 2014 - Swansea v Arsenal - Liberty Stadium

Saturday 22 November 2014 - Arsenal v Man Utd - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 29 November 2014 - West Brom v Arsenal - The Hawthorns

Wednesday 3 December 2014 - Arsenal v Southampton - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 6 December 2014 - Stoke v Arsenal - Britannia Stadium

Saturday 13 December 2014 - Arsenal v Newcastle - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 20 December 2014 - Liverpool v Arsenal - Anfield

Friday 26 December 2014 - Arsenal v QPR - Emirates Stadium

Sunday 28 December 2014 - West Ham v Arsenal - Boleyn Ground

Thursday 1 January 2015 - Southampton v Arsenal St. Mary's Stadium

Saturday 10 January 2015 - Arsenal v Stoke - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 17 January 2015 - Man City v Arsenal - Etihad Stadium

Saturday 31 January 2015 - Arsenal v Aston Villa - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 7 February 2015 - Spurs v Arsenal White Hart Lane

Tuesday 10 February 2015 - Arsenal v Leicester - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 21 February 2015 - Crystal Palace v Arsenal - Selhurst Park

Saturday 28 February 2015 - Arsenal v Everton - Emirates Stadium

Tuesday 3 March 2015 - QPR v Arsenal - Loftus Road Stadium

Saturday 14 March 2015 - Arsenal v West Ham - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 21 March 2015 - Newcastle v Arsenal - St. James' Park

Saturday 4 April 2015 - Arsenal v Liverpool - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 11 April 2015 - Burnley v Arsenal - Turf Moor

Saturday 18 April 2015 - Arsenal v Sunderland - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 25 April 2015 - Arsenal v Chelsea - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 2 May 2015 - Hull v Arsenal - The KC Stadium

Saturday 9 May 2015 - Arsenal v Swansea - Emirates Stadium

Saturday 16 May 2015 - Man Utd v Arsenal - Old Trafford

Sunday 24 May 2015 - Arsenal v West Brom - Emirates Stadium
Well, that was ****. Sorry, but, we came back and so what? We were so **** in the first half. I feel like drowning my sorrows further.

couldn't agree more man.
seriously, well done for coming back so late; 2-0 down away to everton ending up with a draw is impressive.
however you need to look at why the hell you were 2-0 down in the first place?
you are clearly a better team than everton - it isn't like you were playing a team vastly superior to yours.

it's too early to give a real assessment, but if your first two performances are anything to go by, we will absolutely destroy you.

of course i'm sure plenty of arsenal fans will be dying to troll the liverpool thread on monday if we lose to away the current champions of this country.
Omg utd holding talks with di maria. Cool.

Latest