The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Freshers at QUB!?

New to this student room thing!

I don't know if I'm being really dumb but I haven't been able to find out much about freshers besides the fair stuff unless that is all of it but is there any night time shenanigans or anything? Just wondering if anybody knew! My friends here know pretty much everything and they have to get tickets and what not but I haven't seen any of that?

Also I'm from England studying philosophy (V500) and I'm staying in Rowan Gardens(?) Row04

Would be nice to find anyone who is on my course or nearby in halls before I get there! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
If you're on Facebook search for qub welcome week 2014. And the qub page on Facebook.
They're posting updates about freshers and what's on etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
22nd September(Monday) In MONO nightclub theres a freshers party
25th September(Thursday) in BOX nightclub theres a themed party which is 'frat party' to suit the occasion. Theres a themed party in BOX every second Thursday night throughout the year, just so you know.
£2.50 drinks
£1.50 Jagerbombs on both night
Sweet mother of Christ we'll not make it to Tuesday morning after £1.50 Jagerbombs all night!!
Not sure about the other nights yet but I'm sure we'll figure something out
Reply 3
Original post by arbelos
22nd September(Monday) In MONO nightclub theres a freshers party
25th September(Thursday) in BOX nightclub theres a themed party which is 'frat party' to suit the occasion. Theres a themed party in BOX every second Thursday night throughout the year, just so you know.
£2.50 drinks
£1.50 Jagerbombs on both night
Sweet mother of Christ we'll not make it to Tuesday morning after £1.50 Jagerbombs all night!!
Not sure about the other nights yet but I'm sure we'll figure something out

Just wait until you go to BOX on a Tuesday, 90p Jagerbombs & £1.80 spirit+mixer!
Annnnnnd
Just putting it out there...It may help if we know where these places are! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by deviant182
Annnnnnd
Just putting it out there...It may help if we know where these places are! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mono is fairly in the centre of town, beside the River Lagan. BOX is in the Odyssey complex, about a 15-20 minute walk from the City Centre.
to be honest most freshers activities at queens are just nightclubs which dont require tickets. the freshers ball will be a few weeks after freshers week if i remember rightly from yesterday and it requires tickets. i can give you a list of the best places to go on each night of the week if you want :smile:

edit- do the RAG freshers pub crawl, its amazing! its usually on the 2nd night of freshers and its much better than queuing all night trying to get into a club!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending