The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Nah mate, phone is still broken :wink: . Plus my legs are fat and gross and I haven't shaved in like a week b/c I'm revolting so noooo :tongue:

Oh yeah.. thought you were ignoring my message :hand:

I'll post a pic of my legs in return
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh yeah.. thought you were ignoring my message :hand:

I'll post a pic of my legs in return

Nah just working all day. Don't get much chance to hang about on the laptop :tongue:

I'm not posting a picture alright :lol:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
DOES THIS RULE APPLY TO US A2 STUDENTS? :redface:

I saw a thread where - correct me if i'm wrong - USYCOOL said there was a new official rule regarding exam retakes.

To retake an exam which you did poorly in say Maths - C1: a + C2: a + S1: b
^ If you wish to retake S1 you have to retake C1 & C2 again due to there being a new 'Terminal rule' = 100% and not 40%.
BUT SURELY THERE IS A FLAW -> A person could deliberately not revise for an exam which they scored significantly high in & just revise for the exams they did poor in. However, it would only be an missed opportunity to score even higher.

Does this apply to us this coming year i.e 2015 May/June AS/A2 exams etc ?

That only applies to GCSE; not A-Level. :smile:
Nah just working all day. Don't get much chance to hang about on the laptop :tongue:

I'm not posting a picture alright :lol:

I meant phone message :tongue:

:colonhash: I wanted an excuse to post my legs

They're so hairy

I still love him really :rolleyes: :tongue:

I just thought about this - why aren't other girls as forgiving as you? You tease them a bit, and they remember it and hold it against you forever TuT

A horse does that much to you and you still love him :lol:

They're so hairy

Mine are pretty hairy too :redface:
Original post by Bude8
I just thought about this - why aren't other girls as forgiving as you? You tease them a bit, and they remember it and hold it against you forever TuT

I think I'll probably win :colone:
:wavey: Year 13

Spoiler

Original post by The vampire
:wavey: Year 13

Spoiler

Ooooh, what happened?

Sorry, I'm really bad with tact on the internet
I think I'll probably win :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by Bude8

Spoiler

Dayum. You win

Only just
Damn, where did last year go? It's been an absolute blur of exams and an MIT Summer Incubator! I feel exhausted already.

I may as well post this here too; I need to get some input.

Hey guys!

As stated above; I've achieved (underachieved actually - had better prelim results of AAABB) ABBCC at higher and I am trying to figure out a good strategy for applying to unis.

My current plan is to work exceptionally hard in sixth year to get AA in AH Maths and French and AA in Higher Chem and Computing. The question is though, would I be able to aim for universities like Edinburgh, Bristol and Durham with my current grades and these predictions?

As for subject choice, I'm debating between Computer Science and Electronic Engineering

In terms of strategy I was thinking about this layout:
2x High Entry Requirement Unis (AAA, etc.)
2x Mid-tier entry requirement Unis (ABB, AAB)
1x Low entry requirement Uni (BBB and below)

Is this a reasonable application strategy with my current set of Highers? What are your thoughts?

Another option would be to re-apply next year with Advanced Highers/Highers and take a gap year.

Thanks for the help guys!
Ooooh, what happened?

Sorry, I'm really bad with tact on the internet

I bit the invigilator and got disqualified from sitting anymore exams for 'acting out of character.' :shock:

Spoiler

Hey guys I would REALLY appreciate some help. I mentioned this already a few days ago, I'm doing a third year at another college and I'm unsure on a few things. Please answer if you have any idea, I'm desperate :frown:

-for people trying to pursue a remark, how long does it take for scripts to arrive with non-priority access?

-since most colleges require you to do a third course, will it hinder me in any way in terms of university applications if I do an additional BTEC, as I want to spend most of my time focusing on my two A2 subjects? I already have one full a level which I'm not retaking

-how do I go about getting a reference from my old college?

Thanks!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8

Other girls have more common sense than myself :wink:

Also I forgive animals for being animals but not people for being people.

You're a dude so it's considered acceptable :emo:

They're so hairy

Oooooh, no I'm not ignoring you :tongue: I'm hoping to get it sorted out on enrollment day now (I'll also rip out my friend's throat)

Fine, here are mine:

Spoiler

Fine, here are mine:

I just got the "Tail Chaser" in your username!
Original post by O133
I just got the "Tail Chaser" in your username!

Was the avatar not a giveaway? :tongue:
Other girls have more common sense than myself :wink:

Also I forgive animals for being animals but not people for being people.

You're a dude so it's considered acceptable :emo:

Oooooh, no I'm not ignoring you :tongue: I'm hoping to get it sorted out on enrollment day now (I'll also rip out my friend's throat)

Fine, here are mine:

Spoiler

So damn sexy
So damn sexy

You know it babe
Was the avatar not a giveaway? :tongue:

I never made the connection!
Has anybody got any experience of being in the only pupil in a class?
I was supposed to be with a good friend in Physics for y13, but he got a U, so I don't really think he will be continuing, meaning I will be the only person in my physics class =/
I get on well with one of my teachers, but have an absolute hatred for the other.

Latest