Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck

:frown: :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ah cool :smile: That makes me surprised customers would be rude in a charity shop though! :eek: :sad: I used to volunteer/work in one for my DofE, but luckily was upstairs in the stock room just sorting books :tongue: :hide:
Ah yeah, they're similar :smile: They're really small :tongue: If you're not feeling well then don't feel as though you need to! :console:

Haha, agree that it feels quite close now :redface: Yeah I'm not sure how I would've felt sharing a room :s-smilie: Was cheaper I guess :dontknow: Though that said living at home now with relatives here is sort of horrible for having my own space - and they don't even come into my room that much! :eek: I'd say you're generally fine for getting your own time? At least I think I did just about - you have a lock on your door/can just stay there when you need it - I'd say first term people seemed to be out and about more, but gradually people start spending more time in their room?
I spent a lot of periods in the terms sort of just hiding when I've been bad - people did I suppose notice/asked "Where have you been Phil?" well, "people" being friends across the corridor :redface: Found it annoying/scary when they noticed sort of, but I mean it was okay :redface:
(Though as I say all this - do be careful to not hide too much, which I think is what I did probably :s-smilie: :dontknow: Probably still will next year too)

Haha :colondollar: Of course, of course :wink: :eek:
Hehe :redface: ooo gammon and eggs is awesome - I should probably order it next time I'm at a pub/restaurant :redface:

Sorry she's been like that :/ Not exactly encouraging of her :unimpressed:

:lol: I can't watch horror things at all - get too scared/paranoid after watching things like that. At least if it's night-time/dark. :hide:

See earlier spoilered long post/ramble :s-smilie: It's fine, just I don't know. :sad: (though it is quite a ramble so don't worry about it :colondollar:)
:hugs:

oh people do! Yesterday this woman stormed out because i told her that we only did exchanges and don’t offer credit notes, which a sign on the till clearly states. She told me to **** off as she did so…another woman also called out manager a miserable cow because she wouldn’t lower the price of a teapot by £5 (its a brand that you can’t buy anymore, and is actually worth a lot more than the price tag!). The woman started the conversation by saying ‘can i be cheeky and ask’ and then ended up being rude even though she basically said at the start she was sure they’d say no! She went on about how her dad was cared for by the hospice that the charity shop is for, surely thats MORE reason to pay the actual price. I honestly feel like saying ‘would you go into marks and spencers next door and ask them for a discount?’ i think not. It makes me so angry how people treat you in there sometimes like, I’m not even paid to put up with your **** -.- sorry for the rant :lol:

yeah, they are small, but i prefer that to a large car, especially for the moment :tongue: i reaaaaally want a cream fiat 500 :frown: someone get me one for christmas haha!

I know, only a month till i go now :redface: and haha i definitely wouldn’t want to do it, you’d have to arrange a bed time, and then if someone came in from a night out and you were in bed you’d get woken up no matter how quiet they were being! I definitely know its not for me haha! Yeah, I’m gonna make an effort, especially for the first few weeks, but i will definitely be needing some ‘me time’ at some point! I don’t plan on telling anyone about my mental health, because I’m gonna try my hardest to keep it under wraps and deal with it myself, I’m hoping it’ll be less of a problem than it was during A levels, fingers crossed, so i hope no one notices :redface:

hahah oh shush you :wink: I do genuinely enjoy that program a hell of a lot though, so I’m sad that no ones uploaded it :frown: :lol: and oh yeah, it was soooo nice, i love me some gammon!

Yano, barely anyone i know, both irl and online, like horror films so i end up having to watch them alone in the dark, and none of them are ever scary :frown: I’m yet to find one that actually scares me or whatever, which makes me sad :lol:

I can’t find your spoilered rant :frown: (I’m probably being a dozy cow and not looking properly) i hope you’re okay though :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1083
feeling rather tired of everything/one right now :/
Original post by samba

Pm me?
so not spoken to my dad in like over a year, and not seen him in like 3 years, but i need to talk/meet up with him in september. but gonna sound like a massive bitch when i first ask to meet him. surely i cant be like
"so dad im up north in september, wanna meet for a coffee, oh and btw can you bring what my granny left me in her will 3 years ago please. cheers"
can i??

:s-smilie:
Original post by iloveteddy14
Really not happy the access course I did half of last year is changing exam board from ocnw to asentisis and now I am moving over to the new diploma not the old one. What's gonna happen with my current modules do they get included?

I guess I'd say to email the exam board/wherever you're doing the course? :s-smilie:
I'd hope the modules would carry forward! :hugs:

Original post by Porridge510
Thank you so much. :biggrin:
I'm super excited, I've never moved house in my life and to move in with my boyfriend and feel safe every night will be amazing. :biggrin: I don't feel safe when my boyfriend goes home because my dad goes to work in the very early mornings and I get scared and then im home alone until early evening.
That's so cool, are you excited? :biggrin: We've been looking a little bit today, we don't know if we're getting a house or flat. Depends on how many people. But found a really nice house. :biggrin: I'm glad you found somewhere nice. :smile:

Don't be sorry at all, you've done nothing wrong! :smile: Thanks. :smile: What happened? Did anything trigger it? :frown: I hope you're feeling better now. :hugs: I was really good yesterday thank you. :smile: Didn't take my meds again.. Ugh. :frown: I'm paranoid of starting them.

That's really good. :smile: Aww I love ducks. :biggrin: They're so adorable, I want a pet duck. :biggrin: :hugs:

That's so cool, the expansions look good but so expensive. :frown: I may have to get sims 4 if it goes on sale. :wink:

Sounds lovely that you've been around your family. :smile: How come you were anxious? :frown: I hope the anxiousness passed. I hope you have more time to yourself today. Some me time. :smile:

I lovee frozen. :biggrin: I enjoy singing along to the soundtrack. :wink:

You've never moved?! :eek: Yeah, not the nicest being in the house alone for all that time. Yay though :biggrin: Sort of, I think I'd rather I was still on campus - will be in a city now/won't be able to go out for 2am strolls when I just need to escape - well I will, but won't be such scenic surroundings :s-smilie: Good :biggrin: I'd personally go for a house if you could - though I suppose if it was just the two of you then flat might be more sensible :redface:

Got a message from a friend about a proposed camping trip they'd been talking about - apparently they're planning to start this coming tuesday :eek: and I was looking forward to it/don't want to let them down/not see them, but will have to organise stuff for that :s-smilie: (got to rehome pet :sad:) Just hmm :s-smilie: Feeling a bit better thanks :redface: Rang an animal shelter/on a waiting list. - and had a drive, so have gotten out :smile:
:frown: :console: Just try and think of all the benefits you could have from going onto them, maybe? From the sounds of things side effects are only for the first few weeks or so - though I know that still isn't great/make everything perfect, but :redface: :hugs: Don't beat yourself up about it, though.

They are the most awesome animal :yep: :biggrin: I want one too :puppyeyes: Last year in tesco's a man had left his pet duck outside in a box, while he went to do the shopping :tongue: He just sat there and quacked :lol:

For Sims 1? Can get them pretty cheap 2nd hand I think :redface: Haha, I thought so :tongue:

Just generally having people to talk to/having to go out/eat with them at a cafe - brain just being silly I guess :colondollar: Yeah, passed eventually thanks :redface: Was nice seeing them in the end :smile: Thanks - bought some pens in sainsbury's :biggrin:

I think I scared my family knowing all the words when I watched it with them :tongue: It is good :yep:

Original post by Team_McDreamy

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by lauraaaaa
oh people do! Yesterday this woman stormed out because i told her that we only did exchanges and don’t offer credit notes, which a sign on the till clearly states. She told me to **** off as she did so…another woman also called out manager a miserable cow because she wouldn’t lower the price of a teapot by £5 (its a brand that you can’t buy anymore, and is actually worth a lot more than the price tag!). The woman started the conversation by saying ‘can i be cheeky and ask’ and then ended up being rude even though she basically said at the start she was sure they’d say no! She went on about how her dad was cared for by the hospice that the charity shop is for, surely thats MORE reason to pay the actual price. I honestly feel like saying ‘would you go into marks and spencers next door and ask them for a discount?’ i think not. It makes me so angry how people treat you in there sometimes like, I’m not even paid to put up with your **** -.- sorry for the rant :lol:

yeah, they are small, but i prefer that to a large car, especially for the moment :tongue: i reaaaaally want a cream fiat 500 :frown: someone get me one for christmas haha!

I know, only a month till i go now :redface: and haha i definitely wouldn’t want to do it, you’d have to arrange a bed time, and then if someone came in from a night out and you were in bed you’d get woken up no matter how quiet they were being! I definitely know its not for me haha! Yeah, I’m gonna make an effort, especially for the first few weeks, but i will definitely be needing some ‘me time’ at some point! I don’t plan on telling anyone about my mental health, because I’m gonna try my hardest to keep it under wraps and deal with it myself, I’m hoping it’ll be less of a problem than it was during A levels, fingers crossed, so i hope no one notices :redface:

hahah oh shush you :wink: I do genuinely enjoy that program a hell of a lot though, so I’m sad that no ones uploaded it :frown: :lol: and oh yeah, it was soooo nice, i love me some gammon!

Yano, barely anyone i know, both irl and online, like horror films so i end up having to watch them alone in the dark, and none of them are ever scary :frown: I’m yet to find one that actually scares me or whatever, which makes me sad :lol:

I can’t find your spoilered rant :frown: (I’m probably being a dozy cow and not looking properly) i hope you’re okay though :hugs:

:eek: That sounds horrible! Teapot lady just sounds annoying :/ Particularly as generally in charity shops you're already getting a good deal! (Apart from CDs/DVDs sometimes... :redface:) Yeah that's really unfair :frown: I mean it's horrible enough in any shop - but a charity shop with volunteers/profits going to help people especially! No need to apologise :colondollar: Sounds like a stressful shift.

Yeah, probably same :tongue: I went for a drive to sainsbury's today, just to get out :redface: (Bought some more pens, and a notebook :teeth: I'm not really sure why... :colondollar: Can colour in with these ones though (:biggrin:)) I realised I really can't reverse in this car though :s-smilie: always stall for some reason/can't go back just on the clutch for some reason :dontknow: I guess it's just a lower clutch than the last car. Haha yeah the fiat 500 is a nice car :redface: £60 Bag or Fiat 500? :colonhash: :tongue:

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm sure you will - You won't be the only one getting me-time though, so don't worry about it :smile: I did the same really, though only realised MH-ness last year anyway :colondollar: I'd try to tell someone though if you can - if you can find someone you can trust - I only had one person at Uni who knew (they'd gone to the same sixth form) and found it sort of difficult - talking in person to someone can really help :redface: (at least I've found it helpful sort of) (Though at the same time she's probably not the best person I could have told, but at the same time she's the only person I felt comfortable at all telling. Anyway....)
I hope it's better for you at Uni, too :smile: :hugs:

Spoiler

Poor Laura :frown: :console: They're always scary!! :eek:

Spoiler

Original post by SweetNothing

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by samba

Anything particularly up? :redface: Doctor Who on at the moment? (oh it's probs finished, though I haven't watched it yet :colondollar:)

-----------------------

Vaguely got it more sorted today with degus/stuff, well not entirely - still haven't told them if I'm going or not/what's happening :s-smilie: But I rang the pet charity/home and they put me on their waiting list - they reckoned that it might be better for him there, so think I will take him there if I can :redface: Though I'm not sure when they'd be able to take him :s-smilie: Tidied my room a bit this afternoon, so if need be I could possibly leave my Auntie to look after him while I go see friends - hopefully, anyway :redface: Still sad though :s-smilie: but a bit less stressed now I suppose. Maybe. :dontknow: Think I'm just up and down a lot recently :tongue: Probably getting worse as Uni gets closer/summer comes to an end :sad:
Original post by PandaWho
so not spoken to my dad in like over a year, and not seen him in like 3 years, but i need to talk/meet up with him in september. but gonna sound like a massive bitch when i first ask to meet him. surely i cant be like
"so dad im up north in september, wanna meet for a coffee, oh and btw can you bring what my granny left me in her will 3 years ago please. cheers"
can i??

:s-smilie:

It's his fault for leaving it that long to give you what your granny left you, I'd say? :s-smilie: :redface: I'd definitely tell him to bring it - it's your money, and as you don't see him often it's important you get it really - even if I realise it might not be the funnest conversations to have possibly.
It's his fault for leaving it that long to give you what your granny left you, I'd say? :s-smilie: :redface: I'd definitely tell him to bring it - it's your money, and as you don't see him often it's important you get it really - even if I realise it might not be the funnest conversations to have possibly.

just spoken to my sister about it (was gonna ask if we could meet him together so its not totally awkward) and she said shes spoken to him about it, and he wont give us the item untill were married.
it angers me SO much that he can decide this, what if i dont ever get married, and IF i do, he wont be invited anyway...
i want what my granny left me, not him have it.
im so angry right now it kinda hurts
Today I met a pug puppy and it was carrying a stick that was as big as itself and it came over to say hi to me and it was so cute! I really wish I had a puppy :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek: Yeah not good :nope: I always picture america as being hot every day, or snowing every day - is this not true? :colondollar:
Glad you had a good time :biggrin:

Hope it works out for you :smile: :hugs:

Thanks for advice/encouragement :redface: I'm also not convinced about P@H - while I think having him in a shop/with lots of people will keep him interested, the cage/place they keep them just seem too small. Will give them a call still possibly/might not have a choice.
Partly just worried because it's a 3 hour drive to the shelter - not sure if the stress of the journey (for pumpernickel) would outweigh the stress of a small cage :dontknow: I suppose I'd be more comfortable having the long journey/having him in the shelter. Just that they'd probably care for him more while he's there. (Plus people visiting there will be there specifically to adopt an animal, rather than just get a pet?) Sorry for the ramble :colondollar: I really appreciate you reading all that from before though, too :redface:

Generally yes, very hot or very cold, but occasionally there are huge storms where I live.

I don't know if you can do this with degus but for cats you can ask a vet for a mild sedative if they're going to be traveling anywhere at length. That could help with minimizing stress for pumpernickel (love the name :tongue: ).
Original post by PandaWho
just spoken to my sister about it (was gonna ask if we could meet him together so its not totally awkward) and she said shes spoken to him about it, and he wont give us the item untill were married.
it angers me SO much that he can decide this, what if i dont ever get married, and IF i do, he wont be invited anyway...
i want what my granny left me, not him have it.
im so angry right now it kinda hurts

That's outrageous! Insulting to your granny in part, and I'm pretty sure that's illegal isn't it? To keep stuff from a will :s-smilie:
I'd be angry too! :hugs: Are you still meeting up with him/with your sister?

Original post by Odd socks
Today I met a pug puppy and it was carrying a stick that was as big as itself and it came over to say hi to me and it was so cute! I really wish I had a puppy :puppyeyes:

Related :biggrin: (might not work on mobile :dontknow:)

Original post by Sabertooth
Generally yes, very hot or very cold, but occasionally there are huge storms where I live.

I don't know if you can do this with degus but for cats you can ask a vet for a mild sedative if they're going to be traveling anywhere at length. That could help with minimizing stress for pumpernickel (love the name :tongue: ).

Ah okey :colondollar: Yeah I suppose america's always getting bad storms in the news and things - and then we seem to get a miniature version of them a few weeks later :lol:

I might ask Dad then :redface: (he used to be a vet) I'm not sure whether you'd be able to properly or not, just because they're quite small/sedatives are semi-dangerous I guess, will ask though, thanks :smile: Looking up stuff to make travel easier for pets/degus, found some tips so hopefully it'd be okay. Annoyed for leaving this late sort of :s-smilie:
and thanks :biggrin: Stole it from a Sesame Street podcast where they talked about the bread :tongue: :teehee: His brother was Poppadom :yep: :smile:
:eek: That sounds horrible! Teapot lady just sounds annoying :/ Particularly as generally in charity shops you're already getting a good deal! (Apart from CDs/DVDs sometimes... :redface:) Yeah that's really unfair :frown: I mean it's horrible enough in any shop - but a charity shop with volunteers/profits going to help people especially! No need to apologise :colondollar: Sounds like a stressful shift.

Yeah, probably same :tongue: I went for a drive to sainsbury's today, just to get out :redface: (Bought some more pens, and a notebook :teeth: I'm not really sure why... :colondollar: Can colour in with these ones though (:biggrin:)) I realised I really can't reverse in this car though :s-smilie: always stall for some reason/can't go back just on the clutch for some reason :dontknow: I guess it's just a lower clutch than the last car. Haha yeah the fiat 500 is a nice car :redface: £60 Bag or Fiat 500? :colonhash: :tongue:

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm sure you will - You won't be the only one getting me-time though, so don't worry about it :smile: I did the same really, though only realised MH-ness last year anyway :colondollar: I'd try to tell someone though if you can - if you can find someone you can trust - I only had one person at Uni who knew (they'd gone to the same sixth form) and found it sort of difficult - talking in person to someone can really help :redface: (at least I've found it helpful sort of) (Though at the same time she's probably not the best person I could have told, but at the same time she's the only person I felt comfortable at all telling. Anyway....)
I hope it's better for you at Uni, too :smile: :hugs:

Spoiler

Poor Laura :frown: :console: They're always scary!! :eek:

She was just an utter bitch, but of course I just have to stand there and take it :/ it always feels like a personal attack as well, even though I know it's not -.- and I know, even our cds and dvds are only a pound!

Ooh well at least it's something! I still haven't been anywhere, so I'd better go tomorrow :/ oooooh stationary :love: I still haven't bought any :cry2: I think I've only reversed once out of the drive. It went decently but I don't really like reversing, I always get those spaces where I can drive in and drive out haha. In this car I tend to do anything to avoid stalling so it ends up revving a bit sometimes, I even managed to make that horrible squeaky sound once hahaha oops! Ooh I'd MUCH rather have a Fiat 500, but the bag is more practical with uni haha

I know, I think I'm just generally panicking about it all because it seems to have come around really quick! I started getting anxiety when I was about 12 on holiday, as well as my emetophobia, and I think the depression developed soon after as a sort of consequence of those? Nobody at school or anything has ever known, and I've never had an official diagnosis, because of bad experiences with doctors, so idk how it will pan out. I'm hoping I won't need to tell anyone. I'll also have to figure out who to trust, which could take a while I guess because you need to get to know someone first! At least you had someone to tell I guess :smile:

:lol: :lol: oh dear! Naaaaaah they're never scary :tongue:
You know where I am if you need me :jumphug:
(edited 9 years ago)
That's outrageous! Insulting to your granny in part, and I'm pretty sure that's illegal isn't it? To keep stuff from a will :s-smilie:

were not sure if this is written in the will or not, as we have never seen a copy. but i call bull****.
i reckon hes just trying to have a hold over his kids over something, as he lost me as a daughter at 6 months old.
i probably should, well just use my nephew as a decoy and get him to throw stuff at my dad :tongue:

Related :biggrin: (might not work on mobile :dontknow:)

Ah okey :colondollar: Yeah I suppose america's always getting bad storms in the news and things - and then we seem to get a miniature version of them a few weeks later :lol:

I might ask Dad then :redface: (he used to be a vet) I'm not sure whether you'd be able to properly or not, just because they're quite small/sedatives are semi-dangerous I guess, will ask though, thanks :smile: Looking up stuff to make travel easier for pets/degus, found some tips so hopefully it'd be okay. Annoyed for leaving this late sort of :s-smilie:
and thanks :biggrin: Stole it from a Sesame Street podcast where they talked about the bread :tongue: :teehee: His brother was Poppadom :yep: :smile:

It's not working on mobile but I'll look when I have access to a computer :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hugs to everyone, especially Jay :jumphug: :grouphugs: :jumphug:

Oooh, we do all like a bit of good news :biggrin: What's yours? :h:

Sorry to hear you're a bit tired :console:

Awww hun! Glad to hear it :jumphug:

Watching American Horror Story at bed time is probably not a good idea :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling rather meh.
Original post by rmhumphries
Feeling rather meh.

Posted from TSR Mobile