The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luke_Mckeown
couldn't agree more man.
seriously, well done for coming back so late; 2-0 down away to everton ending up with a draw is impressive.
however you need to look at why the hell you were 2-0 down in the first place?
you are clearly a better team than everton - it isn't like you were playing a team vastly superior to yours.

it's too early to give a real assessment, but if your first two performances are anything to go by, we will absolutely destroy you.

of course i'm sure plenty of arsenal fans will be dying to troll the liverpool thread on monday if we lose to away the current champions of this country.

Because you were so convincing while you were scraping a 2-1 win from 1-0 down, in a home game against a team who've lost half their players (to you)?
couldn't agree more man.
seriously, well done for coming back so late; 2-0 down away to everton ending up with a draw is impressive.
you are clearly a better team than everton - it isn't like you were playing a team vastly superior to yours.

it's too early to give a real assessment, but if your first two performances are anything to go by, we will absolutely destroy you.

of course i'm sure plenty of arsenal fans will be dying to troll the liverpool thread on monday if we lose to away the current champions of this country.

Like how you destroyed Southampton right? Because you are the mighty LFC....you got lucky in that match. Could have gone either way.

It's out first two performances, what is wrong with you?! pipe down. How many times have we heard "a scruffy performances like that/Palace is what champions are made of"

We don't play you until December, the team don't look fit and we are underprepared, but we should be in better shape by then, so just be quiet until them. If you actually use these past few games as a barometer, you are an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Giroud, my boy, 1 down 29 more to go
Original post by manchesterunited15
Because you were so convincing while you were scraping a 2-1 win from 1-0 down, in a home game against a team who've lost half their players (to you)?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28730043

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28718345

the first link is for you to realise your mistake quickly before i call you out big boy.
the second link is just to remind you that you shouldn't be commenting on the quality of any other team right now...

Original post by Peggles_*
Like how you destroyed Southampton right? Because you are the mighty LFC....you got lucky in that match. Could have gone either way.

It's out first two performances, what is wrong with you?! pipe down. How many times have we heard "a scruffy performances like that/Palace is what champions are made of"

We don't play you until December, the team don't look fit and we are underprepared, but we should be in better shape by then, so just be quiet until them. If you actually use these past few games as a barometer, you are an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

never said we were good and yes we were lucky, but we were against a team that actually attacked well.
not to mention that was just a single match - you have had two desperately poor performances in succession.
fair enough to have one on the opening day, nerves and all.
but in an important game against a better side to play arguably worse is hilarious to me.

in all honesty, i just wanted to rustle your jimmies peggy.
i just love how badly you take any arsenal criticism :cool:

the first link is for you to realise your mistake quickly before i call you out big boy.
the second link is just to remind you that you shouldn't be commenting on the quality of any other team right now...

Oh yeah, but that doesn't really change the point does it. 2-1 at home to Southampton is no better than 2-2 away to Everton. There's nothing to suggest you would destroy them.

The second link is pointless, because I'm commenting on Arsenal vs Liverpool, United are irrelevant in that discussion. Why do people not realise that :facepalm2:
Original post by sevchenko
Giroud, my boy, 1 down 29 more to go

28. That community shield goal counts.
Reply 5226

never said we were good and yes we were lucky, but we were against a team that actually attacked well.
not to mention that was just a single match - you have had two desperately poor performances in succession.fair enough to have one on the opening day, nerves and all.
but in an important game against a better side to play arguably worse is hilarious to me.

in all honesty, i just wanted to rustle your jimmies peggy.
i just love how badly you take any arsenal criticism :cool:

Right, so we managed to get four points out of two "desperately poor performances"

Lets see what happens Monday night init

Difference is, against palace - we had 72% possession? We had like 11 attempts while they had like 3? We were all over them. They went ultra defensive & so it was hard to break them down. In your game vs Southampton, Schniederlin hit the bar didn't he? So in a sense you were more lucky than us, because that could have gone anywhere.

Attacked well? No. You just defended terribly in that game and you know it. You should never let Sot'on run circles around you at Anfield especially.. not after you bought how many of their first team players??

Seriously Luke relax with the hate.. because it'll make you look stupid if your season effs up. Don't take anything for granted - you have no idea how well or how bad your signings will turn out to be. You could do a spurs and then all of these comments of yours will make you look so dumb..
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh yeah, but that doesn't really change the point does it. 2-1 at home to Southampton is no better than 2-2 away to Everton. There's nothing to suggest you would destroy them.

The second link is pointless, because I'm commenting on Arsenal vs Liverpool, United are irrelevant in that discussion. Why do people not realise that :facepalm2:

quality statement there fabio...
i'm pretty sure a win against southampton is better than a draw to everton.
but what do i know?

united are always irrelevant nowadays.
still funny:cool:
Reply 5228

Because the 2nd goal was fake as ever. Merte was clearly fouled and on top of that it was off side. We should have only been 1-0 down which isn't so shambolic
quality statement there fabio...
i'm pretty sure a win against southampton is better than a draw to everton.
but what do i know?

united are always irrelevant nowadays.
still funny:cool:

Oh right, so the opposition quality is irrelevant? 2-1 win at home to Leicester is better than 2-2 away to Chelsea? Interdasting.

Strong turning over a new leaf skills
Reply 5230

MU I think I love you no homo doe
Original post by SHOO
Right, so we managed to get four points out of two "desperately poor performances"

Lets see what happens Monday night init

Difference is, against palace - we had 72% possession? We had like 11 attempts while they had like 3? They went ultra defensive & so it was hard to break them down. In your game vs Southampton, Schniederlin hit the bar didn't he? So in a sense you were more lucky than us, because that could have gone anywhere.

Attacked well? No. You just defended terribly in that game and you know it. You should never let Sot'on run circles around you at Anfield especially.. not after you bought how many of their first team players??

Seriously Luke relax with the hate.. because it'll make you look stupid if your season effs up. Don't take anything for granted - you have no idea how well or how bad your signings will turn out to be. You could do a spurs and then all of these comments of yours will make you look so dumb..

hey man i'm not hating on your points tally - it's actually very impressive how you ground out 4 points from performances as bad as that, serious here.

monday night isn't really relevant is it?
we're away against the league champions; a ground they seldom lose at.
if we lose to city, it will be an expected result - i would only say that justified ridicule could occur if we lost by a margin of 3 or more.

we were lucky in the respect that soton couldn't finish.
you weren't unlucky per se, you just couldn't break down the other team.
do you see the difference there?

nah man, soton created some very good passages of play, as i said they just weren't efficient enough to finish the chances off.

mate, i'm just having a laugh; not getting in to an argument but it's always funny to diss arsenal a little and count how many quotes you get within 10 minutes :wink:
Original post by AR_95

:heart:

always no homo
You anti-Monreal chicken squad, how'd you feel now huh? Huh? Yes he isn't the best but he made that equaliser happen, he gave us 0.5, Giroud gave us the other 0.5 to give us a damn point. Other players in his position at the the time would have let that ball go out of play for a time wasting goal kick, slumped their shoulders and finger pointed Ramsey for a **** cross. He was determined to make something out of it, he chased the ball and delivered a wonderful assist. What you saying now? Give the lad some credit. Kmt.

Rant over :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
You anti-Monreal chicken squad, how'd you feel now huh? Huh? Yes he isn't the best but he made that equaliser happen, he gave us 0.5, Giroud gave us the other 0.5 to give us a damn point. Other players in his position at the the time would have let that ball go out of play for a time wasting goal kick, slumped their shoulders and finger pointed Ramsey for a **** cross. What you saying now? Give the lad some credit. Kmt.

Deep breaths Prod, deep breaths
Original post by AR_95

Oi mate.
Original post by AR_95
Because the 2nd goal was fake as ever. Merte was clearly fouled and on top of that it was off side. We should have only been 1-0 down which isn't so shambolic

come on man, don't talk about referees.
you sound like me crying about the sterling offside from last season.

Oh right, so the opposition quality is irrelevant? 2-1 win at home to Leicester is better than 2-2 away to Chelsea? Interdasting.

Strong turning over a new leaf skills

of course quality is relevant, but fundamentally it's the result that matters.
however people would still troll the liverpool thread if we lose to city; a team clearly superior in quality to our own playing in their home "fortress".

i understand what you mean, but i don't think there is quite as big a difference between soton and everton than people think there is.
i think people have underestimated southampton and overestimated everton (a little) this season.
soton may have lost a lot of players, but their signings have been pretty decent and have gelled fairly well as you could see in the game at anfield.
everton had an extraordinary season last year, barkley was on fire at times and it resulted in a great points tally.
they don't look bad but i would be very surprised if they repeated it this year to the same extent.

new leaf man, i swear!
it's just too easy to bait arsenal fans after a poor performance, you know this.
Ramsey can't stop scoring man. Putting him as captain in my fantasy team is getting me too many points :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank god you have sanogo!
bullet dodged.

Latest