The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eugenius 8
A-P has changed :eek: and im liking it :yes: very fresh and clear :coma:

I'm liking the suggestions section!:yep::yes::yeah::zomg:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Are there any genres or types of series you'd prefer? If not, here's a few general recommendations. :smile:

Steins;Gate

Kill La Kill

Katanagatari

Black Lagoon

Magi

Hope something there interests you; if not, let us know in more detail the type of anime you were hoping for.

Thank you! I've seen two.of em so far. And I'm looking more into action / adventure. Some thing like Hunter X hunter ;P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Keoje
Just out of interest, has anyone here looked at the JET Programme? AJ? :beard: :tongue:

Yup! Im learning Japanese in Uni and after I graduate I'm hoping to teach in Japan for a year just for experience. I'm 100% serious about that. XD haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Yup! Im learning Japanese in Uni and after I graduate I'm hoping to teach in Japan for a year just for experience. I'm 100% serious about that. XD haha what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've graduated now and don't know what to do with my life :colondollar: Although teaching English isn't really what I'd like to do...I think the experience itself would be a very good one. So an exception could be possible. I also get to explore Japan as a bonus and enjoy everything it offers :tongue:

I understand you might be teaching a variety of schools at all ages but if I somehow get paired up with juniors...shouldn't be too hard :colone:
Original post by Keoje
I've graduated now and don't know what to do with my life :colondollar: Although teaching English isn't really what I'd like to do...I think the experience itself would be a very good one. So an exception could be possible. I also get to explore Japan as a bonus and enjoy everything it offers :tongue:

I understand you might be teaching a variety of schools at all ages but if I somehow get paired up with juniors...shouldn't be too hard :colone:

I.don't want to teach either. But.if.its for.Japan I would love it. The idea of.staying there for a whole year makes me happy. Would love to teach in a highschool! Can't wait to.visit Japan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really enjoying Aldnoah.Zero at the moment, but I'm a sucker for anything by Gen Urobuchi, Sci-Fi and Mecha.

I keep reading complaints about the Inaho character, and how 'underdeveloped' he his and emotionally stunted. I just assumed he was kind of on the spectrum? (No offense intended to those who are!)

I watched Attack on Titan, but I wasn't particularly impressed. Most episodes consisted of pointlessly drawn out internal monologues about whether they have the courage to act or not, with only the last couple of minutes bearing any resemblance of a plot. It's hard to see how it could have any re-watch value. It relied too heavily on each episode having a cliff hanger at the end.

It's a pity because I really liked the concept and the art direction. It feels like one of those mangas/animes where the world/setting is more interesting than the characters themselves. :frown:

Zankyou no Terror looks pretty interesting. Does anyone know if I'd have to watch Higashi No Eden first?

I'm about to watch the 3rd OVA for Mardock Scramble. I was impressed with the other two, even if it mostly went over my simple mind. I liked the egg 'theme.' :biggrin:

EDIT: Oh, nvm! Just realised Zankyou no Terror is not linked to Higashi No Eden, just similarly themed.
(edited 9 years ago)
I posted the answers to my identify the anime thread last night, but forgot to leave a link here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=49676141&postcount=56
Decided to finally go back and finish Nobunagun. What the hell is with Newton's kissing thing haha?

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Just wondering if anyone else(mostly guys I guess) listen to questionable anime songs... :ninja:

Spoiler

I.don't want to teach either. But.if.its for.Japan I would love it. The idea of.staying there for a whole year makes me happy. Would love to teach in a highschool! Can't wait to.visit Japan

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just finished teaching in China for a year, different country obviously, but I went on holiday to Japan, you'll have a lot more fun there :biggrin:
Original post by Keoje
Just wondering if anyone else(mostly guys I guess) listen to questionable anime songs... :ninja:

I'm a guy & there is quite a lot of fluffy pop music from anime soundtracks on my iPod. :ninja: It's (part of the reason) why I never let anyone use my iPod.
Original post by Supertoaster
I just finished teaching in China for a year, different country obviously, but I went on holiday to Japan, you'll have a lot more fun there :biggrin:

How was it teaching in a different country for a year? What kind of things did you do? Were you teaching them English? Im so jealous, I wish these three years go so quick!!
Not been able to keep up due to working lots but i'll swallow my words and apologise to Anime Planet :tongue: I still don't like the new background look but most of the features are spot on and it responds a lot faster. That and i'll never truly love MAL :lol:
SAO2 Ep8

Spoiler

How was it teaching in a different country for a year? What kind of things did you do? Were you teaching them English? Im so jealous, I wish these three years go so quick!!

It was a mixture of everything, you'll have fun and do exciting things, but you'll feel bored and lonely sometime too. For me it was kind of like the feeling when you start university, new city, lots of things to explore, having to make new friends, going to work, doing something you're probably unprepared for. The city I was in was close to Beijing, so I quite often went there for weekends if I had no plans to go out or travel somewhere and just did like one tourist thing each time and took my time. But if people have time off work they normally travel to somewhere, so went to quite a few places.

Yea I was teaching English, from what I know, with Japan being a lot more developed it's harder to get a position there // Korea too, unless you've actually got teaching qualifications, where as if you've got a degree in anything you can work at nearly any school in China (My English, when it comes to it is actually really bad haha, but in China they just want anyone who's white, pretty much as a trophy for the school). All their Chinese teachers did the actual teaching of English, I just spoke to/with them for 45 minutes a week.

If you want to know/speak about it any more pm me so we're not leading the thread too astray :P
I have a sudden urge to watch FMA Brotherhood again, good thing I watched it a few years ago and can't recall what happened :biggrin:.
Original post by Keoje
X

I've only just noticed, but isn't your avvie Sawako Kuronuma? :teeth:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Binary Freak
I've only just noticed, but isn't your avvie Sawako Kuronuma? :teeth:

Indeed. Truth is I haven't even seen it. I put this avatar up in like 2011 :ninja:
Original post by Keoje
Indeed. Truth is I haven't even seen it. I put this avatar up in like 2011 :ninja:

The facial expression is funny I guess :colone:
Original post by Keoje
SAO2 Ep8

Spoiler

I completely agree, I'm so hooked on this second season at the moment :biggrin:

I like what they have done with the second season and how they've set the scene, it's completely different with the first one but just as interesting.

Latest