The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
She was just an utter bitch, but of course I just have to stand there and take it :/ it always feels like a personal attack as well, even though I know it's not -.- and I know, even our cds and dvds are only a pound!

Ooh well at least it's something! I still haven't been anywhere, so I'd better go tomorrow :/ oooooh stationary :love: I still haven't bought any :cry2: I think I've only reversed once out of the drive. It went decently but I don't really like reversing, I always get those spaces where I can drive in and drive out haha. In this car I tend to do anything to avoid stalling so it ends up revving a bit sometimes, I even managed to make that horrible squeaky sound once hahaha oops! Ooh I'd MUCH rather have a Fiat 500, but the bag is more practical with uni haha

I know, I think I'm just generally panicking about it all because it seems to have come around really quick! I started getting anxiety when I was about 12 on holiday, as well as my emetophobia, and I think the depression developed soon after as a sort of consequence of those? Nobody at school or anything has ever known, and I've never had an official diagnosis, because of bad experiences with doctors, so idk how it will pan out. I'm hoping I won't need to tell anyone. I'll also have to figure out who to trust, which could take a while I guess because you need to get to know someone first! At least you had someone to tell I guess :smile:

:lol: :lol: oh dear! Naaaaaah they're never scary :tongue:
You know where I am if you need me :jumphug:

I think in some situations like that you're allowed to say something :yep: (particularly as you're not getting paid :biggrin:) I mean though I say that I'd probably be too scared to :s-smilie: :hugs:

Drive to the supermarket and get some :tongue: :biggrin: :woo: Yeah haha I just searched around for one of those spaces :tongue: Same :lol: Always revving far too high - especially on any sort of incline/small hill or dip :tongue: I see. :lol:

:redface: I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end/once term starts :smile: Got a fair bit of time still!
Ah :redface: :s-smilie: That's funny actually, my counsellor thought that maybe my low moods/depression came from anxiety - I get confused about it all though/what's anxiety and what's low mood - I'd always sort of noticed the low moods before the anxiety :dontknow: *rambles* :s-smilie: Well try and get some support when you're there :redface: I imagine they'd have counselling and student support there? Don't know how good they'll necessarily be, I've found mine to be helpful though, I think :redface: :smile:
The good thing is that most people don't know anyone - easier to make friends :redface: Yeah, that's true :redface: Definitely appreciate them being here - and they're always super nice about it :smile: Haven't spoken to them in over a month though :eek: Used to text a lot but oh well :sad: :s-smilie: Kinda losing my support network a bit :colondollar: Though luckily not completely :redface: *rambles again*

:nope: :tongue:

Original post by PandaWho
were not sure if this is written in the will or not, as we have never seen a copy. but i call bull****.
i reckon hes just trying to have a hold over his kids over something, as he lost me as a daughter at 6 months old.
i probably should, well just use my nephew as a decoy and get him to throw stuff at my dad :tongue:

Ah :s-smilie: Not fair of him to do that - particularly with the requirement :confused:
Haha :tongue: Knit together some ammo :biggrin:

I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish again :frown: Did you say you were hoping to get some anti-dep's from GP next time you saw them? Is Rory about?
:hugs:

Original post by Odd socks
It's not working on mobile but I'll look when I have access to a computer :smile:

Will be worth it :yep: (I think :ninja:)

Original post by Odd socks
Watching American Horror Story at bed time is probably not a good idea :/

:eek: Laura says she likes horrors - get her to watch it instead :biggrin:

Original post by rmhumphries
Feeling rather meh.

:console:

-----------------------

Think I might have an "early" night :colondollar: :smile:
Still quite confused/anxious-y about camping :s-smilie: Will try and tidy some more tomorrow/get room sorted, then can hopefully still get away/ask Auntie and cousin to look after Pumps while I see friends :redface: Would be a real shame not to see them/go with them :s-smilie: :frown: Been distant enough from friends as it is this summer, mostly my fault, as well as just living far away now. Bleh. Anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by purple-duck

Ah :s-smilie: Not fair of him to do that - particularly with the requirement :confused:

I'm sorry you're feeling rubbish again :frown: Did you say you were hoping to get some anti-dep's from GP next time you saw them? Is Rory about?

Still quite confused/anxious-y about camping :s-smilie: Will try and tidy some more tomorrow/get room sorted, then can hopefully still get away/ask Auntie and cousin to look after Pumps while I see friends :redface: Would be a real shame not to see them/go with them :s-smilie: :frown: Been distant enough from friends as it is this summer, mostly my fault, as well as just living far away now. Bleh. Anyway.

Hes an idiot, hes a sperm donor to me really.
Want something harder than wool :wink:

Yeah gonna see if my dr will add some to my antipsycotics i hope she will! Had to phone my mum last night to see if shed buy me pizza i was feeling that ****!

Hopefully someone will look after pumperninkle! Would be a shame for you too miss camping!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any ladies awake and feel like grounding a lonely psychotic goatherd? :colondollar:

just spoken to my sister about it (was gonna ask if we could meet him together so its not totally awkward) and she said shes spoken to him about it, and he wont give us the item untill were married.
it angers me SO much that he can decide this, what if i dont ever get married, and IF i do, he wont be invited anyway...
i want what my granny left me, not him have it.
im so angry right now it kinda hurts

Wow. I thought my opinion of your dad couldn't possibly sink any lower, but it just did... :s-smilie:

Original post by alexs2602
For some reason I don't think people understand when I don't get enough sleep I'm really irritable. I'm a grumpy bastard. I'm called up when I'm dead to the world? I open my eyes long enough to answer the phone and then my eyes are closed again, I don't even raise myself from the bed, I want this phone call over as soon as possible - not having to explain the simplest things about computers or whatever when I'm too tired to be awake. I got to sleep early-ish last night. Didn't last long - woke after about 2 hours, stayed awake for another 3 or 4 hours and got 2 odd more hours.

Sounds very rough. I'm hugely unhelpful and responsive when woken up from my sleep. And I need, like, 10 hours of sleep to be in a vaguely good mood :colondollar:

Nothing amazing but I think the good news was I was at the gig, right at the very front of the barriers, touched one or two band members which is always awesome. Second time I've done that with this band now. Bought a limited edition poster AND got it signed by the frontman later on. So the plan is to get it framed and now I'll have two pieces of decoration for my bedroom - two limited edition music posters. :smile:

Oh wow! That IS pretty amazing, dunno why you are playing it down! I got dead excited just reading that, even though I don't know which band and probs wouldn't have heard of them anyway (only listen to old tunes on my iPod :shakecane: ) :biggrin: Amazing that you managed to touch them and get it signed - go you! And well done for being at the front of the gig! Closest I've ever got at a gig was 5th row from front, standing :getmecoat:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Any ladies awake and feel like grounding a lonely psychotic goatherd? :colondollar:

Wow. I thought my opinion of your dad couldn't possibly sink any lower, but it just did... :s-smilie:

Sounds very rough. I'm hugely unhelpful and responsive when woken up from my sleep. And I need, like, 10 hours of sleep to be in a vaguely good mood :colondollar:

Oh wow! That IS pretty amazing, dunno why you are playing it down! I got dead excited just reading that, even though I don't know which band and probs wouldn't have heard of them anyway (only listen to old tunes on my iPod :shakecane: ) :biggrin: Amazing that you managed to touch them and get it signed - go you! And well done for being at the front of the gig! Closest I've ever got at a gig was 5th row from front, standing :getmecoat:

Im awake hun! You on your laptop now??

Haha oh hes nearing the centre of the earth hes sunk that low!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im awake hun! You on your laptop now??

Haha oh hes nearing the centre of the earth hes sunk that low!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks hun - can you log onto Facebook Chat? :colondollar:
hurting hurting
Original post by Team_McDreamy
hurting hurting

Am not quite grounded yet but on Facebook if you need help xxx
:eek: Yeah not good :nope: I always picture america as being hot every day, or snowing every day - is this not true? :colondollar:
Glad you had a good time :biggrin:

Hope it works out for you :smile: :hugs:

Thanks for advice/encouragement :redface: I'm also not convinced about P@H - while I think having him in a shop/with lots of people will keep him interested, the cage/place they keep them just seem too small. Will give them a call still possibly/might not have a choice.
Partly just worried because it's a 3 hour drive to the shelter - not sure if the stress of the journey (for pumpernickel) would outweigh the stress of a small cage :dontknow: I suppose I'd be more comfortable having the long journey/having him in the shelter. Just that they'd probably care for him more while he's there. (Plus people visiting there will be there specifically to adopt an animal, rather than just get a pet?) Sorry for the ramble :colondollar: I really appreciate you reading all that from before though, too :redface:

Didn't realise they linked in/followed :redface: I suppose time-wise I knew they did :colondollar: Will maybe watch an episode each night or something when I'm back at Uni :tongue:

:hugs: Wish I could :frown: :jumphug: Remember I'm always here if you need a rant/anything

Ah cool :smile: That makes me surprised customers would be rude in a charity shop though! :eek: :sad: I used to volunteer/work in one for my DofE, but luckily was upstairs in the stock room just sorting books :tongue: :hide:
Ah yeah, they're similar :smile: They're really small :tongue: If you're not feeling well then don't feel as though you need to! :console:

Haha, agree that it feels quite close now :redface: Yeah I'm not sure how I would've felt sharing a room :s-smilie: Was cheaper I guess :dontknow: Though that said living at home now with relatives here is sort of horrible for having my own space - and they don't even come into my room that much! :eek: I'd say you're generally fine for getting your own time? At least I think I did just about - you have a lock on your door/can just stay there when you need it - I'd say first term people seemed to be out and about more, but gradually people start spending more time in their room?
I spent a lot of periods in the terms sort of just hiding when I've been bad - people did I suppose notice/asked "Where have you been Phil?" well, "people" being friends across the corridor :redface: Found it annoying/scary when they noticed sort of, but I mean it was okay :redface:
(Though as I say all this - do be careful to not hide too much, which I think is what I did probably :s-smilie: :dontknow: Probably still will next year too)

Haha :colondollar: Of course, of course :wink: :eek:
Hehe :redface: ooo gammon and eggs is awesome - I should probably order it next time I'm at a pub/restaurant :redface:

Sorry she's been like that :/ Not exactly encouraging of her :unimpressed:

:lol: I can't watch horror things at all - get too scared/paranoid after watching things like that. At least if it's night-time/dark. :hide:

See earlier spoilered long post/ramble :s-smilie: It's fine, just I don't know. :sad: (though it is quite a ramble so don't worry about it :colondollar:)

:frown: :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

They do, although not in so strong of a way that you couldn't watch and enjoy DS9 without having watched TNG. I just think that doing so provides a better understanding of the context.
Anyone know what anti depressants are like

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think in some situations like that you're allowed to say something :yep: (particularly as you're not getting paid :biggrin:) I mean though I say that I'd probably be too scared to :s-smilie: :hugs:

Drive to the supermarket and get some :tongue: :biggrin: :woo: Yeah haha I just searched around for one of those spaces :tongue: Same :lol: Always revving far too high - especially on any sort of incline/small hill or dip :tongue: I see. :lol:

:redface: I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end/once term starts :smile: Got a fair bit of time still!
Ah :redface: :s-smilie: That's funny actually, my counsellor thought that maybe my low moods/depression came from anxiety - I get confused about it all though/what's anxiety and what's low mood - I'd always sort of noticed the low moods before the anxiety :dontknow: *rambles* :s-smilie: Well try and get some support when you're there :redface: I imagine they'd have counselling and student support there? Don't know how good they'll necessarily be, I've found mine to be helpful though, I think :redface: :smile:
The good thing is that most people don't know anyone - easier to make friends :redface: Yeah, that's true :redface: Definitely appreciate them being here - and they're always super nice about it :smile: Haven't spoken to them in over a month though :eek: Used to text a lot but oh well :sad: :s-smilie: Kinda losing my support network a bit :colondollar: Though luckily not completely :redface: *rambles again*

:nope: :tongue:

Will be worth it :yep: (I think :ninja:)

:eek: Laura says she likes horrors - get her to watch it instead :biggrin:

:console:

-----------------------

I'll reply later, just off out for the day, but you have me :hugs: I know I'm not much but, I'd like to think I'm better than nothing :lol:
actually slept okay last night :smile: won't last, but hooray for one day in a hundred of good sleep :tongue:

now catching up with my telly (finished Match of the Day now onto the new Doctor Who :biggrin:)

hope everyone is okay this Sunday morning :h: huge hugs for all who need em! :hugs:
Original post by Cantthinkofname

Posted from TSR Mobile

generally tiny little tablets, so they're really easy to swallow. Are used for practically everything, from anxiety disorder to depression, to just making you sleep.
Big shout out to PandaWho for last night :colondollar:

Original post by Cantthinkofname

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're great if/when you find the one that works really well for you :yep:
Afternoon everyone, how are we all?

Todays not been so bad for me, i'm having steak and I found a new song that i've listened to on repeat about 20 times.
Reply 1114
Original post by SweetNothing
Afternoon everyone, how are we all?

Todays not been so bad for me, i'm having steak and I found a new song that i've listened to on repeat about 20 times.

Afternoon! Way better than last night, that's for sure :biggrin:

Mmm, steak. y u no share?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big shout out to PandaWho for last night :colondollar:

They're great if/when you find the one that works really well for you :yep:

Dont be silly missus! Hope your ok today hun :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Afternoon! Way better than last night, that's for sure :biggrin:

Mmm, steak. y u no share?

Thats good then!

Steaks arent made for sharing :wink:
Reply 1117
Thats good then!

Steaks arent made for sharing :wink:

This is a good point :biggrin: I'm currently being kept out of scrabble games because people suck too much :p: :sad: Having homemade chicken pie for lunch though :yes:

Any plans for today? :smile:
Original post by samba
This is a good point :biggrin: I'm currently being kept out of scrabble games because people suck too much :p: :sad: Having homemade chicken pie for lunch though :yes:

Any plans for today? :smile:

Party poopers! :tongue: i wanna play scrabble!

Chicken pie sounds nice, i'd be jealous if i didn't have my steak haha and i'm just watching the arctic monkeys reading set and then jumping in the shower but apart from that not much what about yourself?
Reply 1119
Party poopers! :tongue: i wanna play scrabble!

Chicken pie sounds nice, i'd be jealous if i didn't have my steak haha and i'm just watching the arctic monkeys reading set and then jumping in the shower but apart from that not much what about yourself?

Lets play then :biggrin: If you can pull yourself away from the freezing monkeys!

I've got some reading to do for uni but that's about it! May shower too actually; that's a decent idea.

Latest