The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Accommodation Offers - Accepted yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Hercules5
oh right, nah man I don't really use twitter, you should re-activate your Facebook though we've got a bishops complex group.
and yeah that's exactly what I'm doing, I've bought tickets for the neon rave and I'm planning to go to it after or during the on - campus freshers party depending if it's good

I heard on campus stuff is atrocious. And yeah I'll probably need to make a new Facebook before uni starts just haven't got round to it
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Wtsgd
Yeah I'm flat 22 mate

Flat 22 as well mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by Hassan10
Flat 22 as well mate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

how are we in the same flat? i don't even know whats happening with this accommodation anymore
Reply 63
Original post by Wtsgd
how are we in the same flat? i don't even know whats happening with this accommodation anymore

Ahh basically the flats consist of 10 rooms or so and a kitchen I believe, and flat 21, 22 and 23 are on the same floor, you should have a room number given to you which is the room you will get in the flat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Ahh basically the flats consist of 10 rooms or so and a kitchen I believe, and flat 21, 22 and 23 are on the same floor, you should have a room number given to you which is the room you will get in the flat

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right I get it. you going to that neon rave then?
Reply 65
Original post by Wtsgd
oh right I get it. you going to that neon rave then?

I dunno yet, I'll get a ticket but it depends on what the majority of people in the flat are going to out of that rave or the one on campus. You going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
I dunno yet, I'll get a ticket but it depends on what the majority of people in the flat are going to out of that rave or the one on campus. You going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same position as you mate. It might sell out before we even get to uni though so might as well just buy it, it's only £10 or something.
Reply 67
Original post by Wtsgd
I'm in the same position as you mate. It might sell out before we even get to uni though so might as well just buy it, it's only £10 or something.

Yeah that's probably what I'll do as well, I haven't heard anyone say they're going to the one on campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Yeah that's probably what I'll do as well, I haven't heard anyone say they're going to the one on campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

do you know anyone else in flat 22?
Reply 69
Original post by Wtsgd
do you know anyone else in flat 22?

Nope, there's a group on Facebook for bishops (plus a few others) accommodation and the general trend is everyone is going to the uv neon rave, I've seen people from flat 21 and 23 saying that anyways.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Hey! Can anyone give me some information on accommodation? Which hall did you choose/which one do you think is the best etc?

Thanks!
Original post by ipo04
Hey! Can anyone give me some information on accommodation? Which hall did you choose/which one do you think is the best etc?

Thanks!

Hey!

Lancaster and bishop are the most expensive, but you get your own bathroom. I have been in Lancaster this year and the location is great but the noise is pretty high. Chepstow, faraday and a few of the others are much cheaper but you share a bathroom and have a sink in your room. Not too sure about the others. All of them share a kitchen :smile:

I think if I had to choose maybe i would have gone for bishops instead. But I can't complain too much as they're pretty similar.

Hope this helps!
Reply 72
Original post by Pforpreston
Hey!

Lancaster and bishop are the most expensive, but you get your own bathroom. I have been in Lancaster this year and the location is great but the noise is pretty high. Chepstow, faraday and a few of the others are much cheaper but you share a bathroom and have a sink in your room. Not too sure about the others. All of them share a kitchen :smile:

I think if I had to choose maybe i would have gone for bishops instead. But I can't complain too much as they're pretty similar.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I'll probably accept my offer to study industrial design and technology in Brunel. Is the bishops hall far from the design building? (or the buildings design students use most of the time?)

how many students share a kitchen in Bishops?

and do the students usually walk/are there people riding bikes around?

also this might sound a little off topic but can you light candles in the room? haha

Original post by ipo04
Thank you! I'll probably accept my offer to study industrial design and technology in Brunel. Is the bishops hall far from the design building? (or the buildings design students use most of the time?)

how many students share a kitchen in Bishops?

and do the students usually walk/are there people riding bikes around?

also this might sound a little off topic but can you light candles in the room? haha

ah that's nice. Have a lot of friends who do design, they really enjoy it!

I think its 10 also, may be 12 though not 100%

usually qlking, a lot of people cycle in and out though, campus is small enough to walk around.

as far as candles are, I don't you're allowed to. But as to wether people do or not is beyond me

hope this helps!
Reply 74
Original post by Pforpreston
ah that's nice. Have a lot of friends who do design, they really enjoy it!

I think its 10 also, may be 12 though not 100%

usually qlking, a lot of people cycle in and out though, campus is small enough to walk around.

as far as candles are, I don't you're allowed to. But as to wether people do or not is beyond me

hope this helps!

It's such a relief to hear that you have friends that enjoy the course haha :smile: thank you so much!
Reply 75
Hi, just wondering if anybody has received an accommodation offer for next year yet?
Original post by shaunc23
Hi, just wondering if anybody has received an accommodation offer for next year yet?

I have:smile:
Reply 77
Original post by soanonymous
I have:smile:

Cool, I'm in Fleming Halls. Wbu?
Reply 78
Original post by shaunc23
Cool, I'm in Fleming Halls. Wbu?

How long does it take to hear a response after applying for your accommodation?
I'm fairly sure it's after you've been accepted so somewhere around August September.

Quick Reply

Latest