The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck
I guess I'd say to email the exam board/wherever you're doing the course? :s-smilie:
I'd hope the modules would carry forward! :hugs:

You've never moved?! :eek: Yeah, not the nicest being in the house alone for all that time. Yay though :biggrin: Sort of, I think I'd rather I was still on campus - will be in a city now/won't be able to go out for 2am strolls when I just need to escape - well I will, but won't be such scenic surroundings :s-smilie: Good :biggrin: I'd personally go for a house if you could - though I suppose if it was just the two of you then flat might be more sensible :redface:

Got a message from a friend about a proposed camping trip they'd been talking about - apparently they're planning to start this coming tuesday :eek: and I was looking forward to it/don't want to let them down/not see them, but will have to organise stuff for that :s-smilie: (got to rehome pet :sad:) Just hmm :s-smilie: Feeling a bit better thanks :redface: Rang an animal shelter/on a waiting list. - and had a drive, so have gotten out :smile:
:frown: :console: Just try and think of all the benefits you could have from going onto them, maybe? From the sounds of things side effects are only for the first few weeks or so - though I know that still isn't great/make everything perfect, but :redface: :hugs: Don't beat yourself up about it, though.

They are the most awesome animal :yep: :biggrin: I want one too :puppyeyes: Last year in tesco's a man had left his pet duck outside in a box, while he went to do the shopping :tongue: He just sat there and quacked :lol:

For Sims 1? Can get them pretty cheap 2nd hand I think :redface: Haha, I thought so :tongue:

Just generally having people to talk to/having to go out/eat with them at a cafe - brain just being silly I guess :colondollar: Yeah, passed eventually thanks :redface: Was nice seeing them in the end :smile: Thanks - bought some pens in sainsbury's :biggrin:

I think I scared my family knowing all the words when I watched it with them :tongue: It is good :yep:

Spoiler

:eek: That sounds horrible! Teapot lady just sounds annoying :/ Particularly as generally in charity shops you're already getting a good deal! (Apart from CDs/DVDs sometimes... :redface:) Yeah that's really unfair :frown: I mean it's horrible enough in any shop - but a charity shop with volunteers/profits going to help people especially! No need to apologise :colondollar: Sounds like a stressful shift.

Yeah, probably same :tongue: I went for a drive to sainsbury's today, just to get out :redface: (Bought some more pens, and a notebook :teeth: I'm not really sure why... :colondollar: Can colour in with these ones though (:biggrin:)) I realised I really can't reverse in this car though :s-smilie: always stall for some reason/can't go back just on the clutch for some reason :dontknow: I guess it's just a lower clutch than the last car. Haha yeah the fiat 500 is a nice car :redface: £60 Bag or Fiat 500? :colonhash: :tongue:

Yeah :s-smilie: I'm sure you will - You won't be the only one getting me-time though, so don't worry about it :smile: I did the same really, though only realised MH-ness last year anyway :colondollar: I'd try to tell someone though if you can - if you can find someone you can trust - I only had one person at Uni who knew (they'd gone to the same sixth form) and found it sort of difficult - talking in person to someone can really help :redface: (at least I've found it helpful sort of) (Though at the same time she's probably not the best person I could have told, but at the same time she's the only person I felt comfortable at all telling. Anyway....)
I hope it's better for you at Uni, too :smile: :hugs:

Spoiler

Poor Laura :frown: :console: They're always scary!! :eek:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anything particularly up? :redface: Doctor Who on at the moment? (oh it's probs finished, though I haven't watched it yet :colondollar:)
:hugs:

-----------------------

Vaguely got it more sorted today with degus/stuff, well not entirely - still haven't told them if I'm going or not/what's happening :s-smilie: But I rang the pet charity/home and they put me on their waiting list - they reckoned that it might be better for him there, so think I will take him there if I can :redface: Though I'm not sure when they'd be able to take him :s-smilie: Tidied my room a bit this afternoon, so if need be I could possibly leave my Auntie to look after him while I go see friends - hopefully, anyway :redface: Still sad though :s-smilie: but a bit less stressed now I suppose. Maybe. :dontknow: Think I'm just up and down a lot recently :tongue: Probably getting worse as Uni gets closer/summer comes to an end :sad:

No, I've been in the same house since I was born. :smile: Could you go on a scenic drive? Not at 2am but like in the daytime and relax. :smile: I don't know how many of us they'll be minimum 3. Max no clue!

I hope you have fun on the camping trip, i've never been camping before. o: Well I've stayed in a caravan park but that dosen't count does it? :colondollar: Your pet? :frown: I'm glad you've been out and feeling a bit better. :smile:

Thank you. :smile: I mean whats the worst that could happen. But everytime I ask myself that question I come up with lots of answers. Stupid anxiety. :frown:

Lol really? Thats so funny. The duck just stayed there? I would've taken the duck in with me. Don't wanna leave my baby alone. How about a duck themed house with like loads of ducks running around in it and a pond in every room. :biggrin: Cool. :biggrin: I like sims, its a good pass time.

Aww. :frown: Do you have any coping methods? Like things you do when you're anxious? Or is meds an option? Sorry I'm not much help. :frown: I'm happy it passed and you had a nice time. :biggrin:

NOPE. But sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine what It'll be like when summer does come. Aaaah. :cool:
Reply 1121
Original post by Cantthinkofname
Anyone know what anti depressants are like

They are a poorly understood class of pharmaceuticals with very little evidence available demonstrating that they help.

In particular, the effectiveness of the most common type that GPs use, SSRIs, is based on an inexplicable and highly contentious hypothesis.
it depends really on how your reacts to them for example some people say they help them a little but others it may be completely different. But please remember these are not miracle drugs they do not cure your depression or situation. So don't think you can go in and see a psych and come out cured two weeks later
Feeling rather meh today
Original post by PandaWho
Hes an idiot, hes a sperm donor to me really.
Want something harder than wool :wink:

Yeah gonna see if my dr will add some to my antipsycotics i hope she will! Had to phone my mum last night to see if shed buy me pizza i was feeling that ****!

Hopefully someone will look after pumperninkle! Would be a shame for you too miss camping!

Well I hope seeing him goes okay then :s-smilie: :/
Haha :tongue:

Yeah hopefully :redface: Yes I saw :s-smilie: :console: Hope you ended up feeling better last night? Pizza's good :yep:

Thanks :hugs: Just need to tidy my room really I think - in a state as it is, and yesterday I dropped a box of his food :facepalm:

Original post by ByronicHero
They do, although not in so strong of a way that you couldn't watch and enjoy DS9 without having watched TNG. I just think that doing so provides a better understanding of the context.

Well, thanks! :redface: Think I'd prefer watching TNG anyway too :biggrin:

Original post by lauraaaaa
I'll reply later, just off out for the day, but you have me :hugs: I know I'm not much but, I'd like to think I'm better than nothing :lol:

:nah: you are awesome :hugs:
Hope you have a good day out :smile:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
actually slept okay last night :smile: won't last, but hooray for one day in a hundred of good sleep :tongue:

now catching up with my telly (finished Match of the Day now onto the new Doctor Who :biggrin:)

hope everyone is okay this Sunday morning :h: huge hugs for all who need em! :hugs:

:woo:
Still need to watch the new Who too :colondollar: No spoilers! :tongue:
:hugs:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Big shout out to PandaWho for last night :colondollar:

:woo: for Panda :party:
I'm sorry you weren't great though :frown: sending :hugs:
Well I hope seeing him goes okay then :s-smilie: :/
Haha :tongue:

Yeah hopefully :redface: Yes I saw :s-smilie: :console: Hope you ended up feeling better last night? Pizza's good :yep:

Thanks :hugs: Just need to tidy my room really I think - in a state as it is, and yesterday I dropped a box of his food :facepalm:

:woo: for Panda :party:
I'm sorry you weren't great though :frown: sending :hugs:

Might ask my sister to ask him, not sure yet.

Still all low and crap but days are certainly better than nights :yes:

I find putting music on helps me tidy, dont know about you? Try not to worry to much.

:grumble:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
Afternoon everyone, how are we all?

Todays not been so bad for me, i'm having steak and I found a new song that i've listened to on repeat about 20 times.

I love finding songs like that :redface:
I'm fairly meh tbh :s-smilie: :colondollar: Hope you're okay :hugs:

Original post by samba
Lets play then :biggrin: If you can pull yourself away from the freezing monkeys!

I will hopefully be okay to play this evening if anyone wants to :yep: Think I might go for a drive for now :redface:

I am jealous of both of you's for having steak and chicken pie :tongue: :drool:

Original post by Porridge510
No, I've been in the same house since I was born. :smile: Could you go on a scenic drive? Not at 2am but like in the daytime and relax. :smile: I don't know how many of us they'll be minimum 3. Max no clue!

I hope you have fun on the camping trip, i've never been camping before. o: Well I've stayed in a caravan park but that dosen't count does it? :colondollar: Your pet? :frown: I'm glad you've been out and feeling a bit better. :smile:

Thank you. :smile: I mean whats the worst that could happen. But everytime I ask myself that question I come up with lots of answers. Stupid anxiety. :frown:

Lol really? Thats so funny. The duck just stayed there? I would've taken the duck in with me. Don't wanna leave my baby alone. How about a duck themed house with like loads of ducks running around in it and a pond in every room. :biggrin: Cool. :biggrin: I like sims, its a good pass time.

Aww. :frown: Do you have any coping methods? Like things you do when you're anxious? Or is meds an option? Sorry I'm not much help. :frown: I'm happy it passed and you had a nice time. :biggrin:

NOPE. But sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine what It'll be like when summer does come. Aaaah. :cool:

:eek: I think I've moved like 5 or 6 times + Uni! Sadly won't have the car at Uni, but I should be able to have nice daytime walks to relax yeah - will have extra time on campus probably too/inbetween lectures because I won't live so close :smile:

Thanks :redface: That sorta counts, yeah! :biggrin: Camping's good though, as long as it goes okay/your tent doesn't flood :colondollar: Have a pet degu (they look sort of like larger gerbils, I suppose :colondollar:), but can't really look after him while I'm at Uni, and his brother died last year so he's been bored at home really :s-smilie: anyway... :redface: Thanks :smile:

:console: Anxiety is definitely stupid :frown:

Yeah! I guess he was trained quite well :colondollar: Well I'm not sure if you're allowed to take ducks into tesco's :dontknow: :lol:
Haha yes! Can you get ducks in later sims games? :biggrin: I always love chick and duck in friends, if you've watched that :redface:

Umm, not precisely, I mean it's never that bad, I don't know? :s-smilie: Mostly just try and think how it won't be that bad/it'll be over eventually, just calming thoughts :redface: and if it gets worse just breathing exercises? and pacing - at least that's what I did for exams. Don't know about meds, I don't think I'm necessarily that bad to need them, but don't know - going to see GP when I get back to Uni/she what she says given things haven't improved/gotten better over summer. Don't apologise! You're a help :yep: It's nice chatting to you! :smile:

:lol: I love Olaf and that song so much :tongue:

Original post by sunfowers01
Feeling rather meh today

:hugs: Me too :s-smilie: What's up?
Original post by PandaWho
Might ask my sister to ask him, not sure yet.

Still all low and crap but days are certainly better than nights :yes:

I find putting music on helps me tidy, dont know about you? Try not to worry to much.

:grumble:

Days are definitely better :redface: :hugs: Can you find anything to distract yourself today? Any knitting projects? :smile: (Did you finish the monkey? I can't remember :colondollar:)

Yeah me too, think I'm off for a drive first - I don't think I even need anything, but just need to practice in this car! (particularly if I ended up driving to the lake district or where I used to live :eek:) Thanks :hugs: Will try :s-smilie:

:hmmm:

I've took a break in listening to it now cause of the AM set <3 and whats u[? hope you're okay! :hugs:
Days are definitely better :redface: :hugs: Can you find anything to distract yourself today? Any knitting projects? :smile: (Did you finish the monkey? I can't remember :colondollar:)

Yeah me too, think I'm off for a drive first - I don't think I even need anything, but just need to practice in this car! (particularly if I ended up driving to the lake district or where I used to live :eek:) Thanks :hugs: Will try :s-smilie:

:hmmm:

Not finished the monkey yet :sad: need to do it, been watching the F1, waiting for tesco to come this evening aswell :biggrin:

I would say go down the coast road but it will be littered with tourists wont it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Am not quite grounded yet but on Facebook if you need help xxx

thanks hun :redface: ended up balling myself up in a duvet and blasting classic fm until i drifted off to sleep :colondollar:

I will hopefully be okay to play this evening if anyone wants to :yep: Think I might go for a drive for now :redface:

I am jealous of both of you's for having steak and chicken pie :tongue: :drool:

:eek: I think I've moved like 5 or 6 times + Uni! Sadly won't have the car at Uni, but I should be able to have nice daytime walks to relax yeah - will have extra time on campus probably too/inbetween lectures because I won't live so close :smile:

Thanks :redface: That sorta counts, yeah! :biggrin: Camping's good though, as long as it goes okay/your tent doesn't flood :colondollar: Have a pet degu (they look sort of like larger gerbils, I suppose :colondollar:), but can't really look after him while I'm at Uni, and his brother died last year so he's been bored at home really :s-smilie: anyway... :redface: Thanks :smile:

:console: Anxiety is definitely stupid :frown:

Yeah! I guess he was trained quite well :colondollar: Well I'm not sure if you're allowed to take ducks into tesco's :dontknow: :lol:
Haha yes! Can you get ducks in later sims games? :biggrin: I always love chick and duck in friends, if you've watched that :redface:

Umm, not precisely, I mean it's never that bad, I don't know? :s-smilie: Mostly just try and think how it won't be that bad/it'll be over eventually, just calming thoughts :redface: and if it gets worse just breathing exercises? and pacing - at least that's what I did for exams. Don't know about meds, I don't think I'm necessarily that bad to need them, but don't know - going to see GP when I get back to Uni/she what she says given things haven't improved/gotten better over summer. Don't apologise! You're a help :yep: It's nice chatting to you! :smile:

:lol: I love Olaf and that song so much :tongue:

:hugs: Me too :s-smilie: What's up?

Cool. :smile: I'm so excited to move as I've never done it before, I don't think i'll find it stressful because I'll just be so giddy and excited. Lol. :tongue: Oh. :frown: That's nice, I love walking. :biggrin: Very relaxing. :biggrin: I like running aswell, but I can't do it for long. I'm so unfit. :redface:

Flood? :O What do you mean? Like if its raining? :O I'm so sorry to hear that. :frown:

Hate anxiety. :frown: Does my head in. :frown:

Hahaha, I'd die laughing if I saw a duck in tesco. *Unexpected item in bagging area* QUACK!
I'm not sure but for all pets you have to get an expansion pack. :frown: No I've never seen that. :O

It's good you have coping techniques. :smile: I hope the GP visit goes well. :smile: Its lovely chatting to you too, and I'm glad I'm a help. :smile:

Olaf + Me + you + Ducks
Afternoon everyone! Sorry I'm stlill getting used to the TSR forums so unable to go back and multi quote everyone at the moment, but just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice and tips regarding my panic and anxiety, especially in regards to lectures. My uni have arranged for me to have a meeting with one of their advisors next week to talk through everything, including what my DSA stuff covers (i.e. 121 mentoring, etc) so I'm looking forward to getting some benefit from that.

How is everyone? Hope everyone is doing okay over the weekend as I know they can sometimes be tough. Unfortunately my emotions have been all over the place so this afternoon I'm writing it off to do nothing. I've moved out of my home, back to mums for a week before I relocate for uni next weekend - eek! Plus I had to rehome my cat to my ex partner so that brought up many more difficulties than I expected.

Anyway, feel better having a rant but apologies for doing so. :redface: Hope everyone is doing okay xx
I've just had a nice bath and joined the gym! Being productive .. kind of
I think in some situations like that you're allowed to say something :yep: (particularly as you're not getting paid :biggrin:) I mean though I say that I'd probably be too scared to :s-smilie: :hugs:

Drive to the supermarket and get some :tongue: :biggrin: :woo: Yeah haha I just searched around for one of those spaces :tongue: Same :lol: Always revving far too high - especially on any sort of incline/small hill or dip :tongue: I see. :lol:

:redface: I'm sure it'll all be fine in the end/once term starts :smile: Got a fair bit of time still!
Ah :redface: :s-smilie: That's funny actually, my counsellor thought that maybe my low moods/depression came from anxiety - I get confused about it all though/what's anxiety and what's low mood - I'd always sort of noticed the low moods before the anxiety :dontknow: *rambles* :s-smilie: Well try and get some support when you're there :redface: I imagine they'd have counselling and student support there? Don't know how good they'll necessarily be, I've found mine to be helpful though, I think :redface: :smile:
The good thing is that most people don't know anyone - easier to make friends :redface: Yeah, that's true :redface: Definitely appreciate them being here - and they're always super nice about it :smile: Haven't spoken to them in over a month though :eek: Used to text a lot but oh well :sad: :s-smilie: Kinda losing my support network a bit :colondollar: Though luckily not completely :redface: *rambles again*

:nope: :tongue:

I know, she was so damn god ****ing rude I wanted to say something :angry:! :lol: haha i duno if id actually ever have said anything, because i REALLY dislike confrontation, but she did make me angry, stupid cow!

yeah i haven’t been in the car still because we’ve been to the seaside. The tops of my legs have rubbed together so badly when walking that I’ve got blisters and it hurts SO bad to walk :cry2: thankfully I’m not going anywhere for a few days so they should heal! Ended up with loads of blisters on my feet too, even though i wore socks :frown: and hahaha yeah, I’m like that with the car too sometimes. Sometimes i can do things perfectly with no revving, and then others its just ridiculous :lol:

i know, i am looking forward to uni, but I’m also pretty nervous, as everyone is really :smile: yeah i think my depression came after the anxiety but, now i think about it, i remember being ‘upset’ and ‘down’ a lot before the anxiety happened so now I’m not so sure :/ yeah I’m sure they have provisions at york, they have their own doctors surgery on campus, so i guess they’ll have something! I’m trying not to have to ask for help cos I’m really scared too tbh, I’ve never had help before and, if i ask for help, then its all so ‘real’ whereas atm, i can bury it and hide from it and stuff…idk what I’m rambling about here :lol:

well, as i said, I’m not much but, you have me! Feel free to text or pm me whenever you need it, if you want too, ill always reply as soon as i can :smile: :hugs:
Reply 1135
So quiet in here today!
Original post by samba
So quiet in here today!

MHSS goes through quiet patches quite a bit :yep:
:tumble:

Wanted to go to the gym today but the voices are so ****ing loud there's no way I could concentrate. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
:tumble:

Wanted to go to the gym today but the voices are so ****ing loud there's no way I could concentrate. :frown:

thats one day, theres other days you can go, dont dwell on the bad things :jumphug:
Feel horrible and weak. :frown:

Latest