DAS not Di point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
DAS not Di point

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash:

I know di point.
Reply 5342
This time last year we took 3 points from two games & then when Ozil was bought.. I lifted the team in so many ways and we became so much better.

With the return of Walcott and a possible two more signings (I do think it'll happen), our team will look completely different and will improve on so many levels. I just hope the right signings are made. Walcott should be back apparently right? He should be available for the City game at least? They were saying end of August wernt they?
Reply 5343
Original post by Arkasia
He has been injured for ages. Was out at the end of our season, came back for like 10 minutes of the World Cup, then sat out the rest of it.

I'll be honest, I don't actually know how good Wilshere is. Everyone talks about the Barca game a few years back, but that is the only game they talk about, so maybe it was a fluke and he actually isn't as good as everyone thinks? Cazorla has been important for us and provided creative flair last season, even if he didn't score many (he did score in the FA Cup final and the Community shield so that's ok). Wilshere is unlucky with some injuries but he is quickly becoming a liability.

No that whole season he was terrific. The reason why we talk about that game is because he bossed a midfield that consisted of Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi.. And was only 19! So it was a stand out game so to speak that really highlights his potential.

His injury problems really effd his form up, and still he hasn't been able to rediscover that form. Back then he was under the influence of Cesc too, and I remember in an interview, Jack said how Cesc had been the most important player that had been around him (something along those lines) because he learnt a lot from him.

Jack has way too much expectation and not reaching means "he's ****" apparently. If we take away the expectation and just observe his previous two/three games, he's actually not been bad. Above average - not great obv but not bad either.

To be fair though, time isn't slowing down and he does need to rediscover his form ASAP otherwise he'll just be another "if" player :frown:

But just remember, Ramsey's jump from an average player to what he is now just took a a few consistent performances with a few goals & that good form just remained & got better and better and better. I remember right at the end of the 12-13 season, where a lot of the armchair lot called Ramsey "deadwood" he started getting a lot of goals & assists.. But no one gave a ****. Then he took that form into the 13-14 season and got a few goals at the start and it still wasn't good enough.. And then when he just carried on scoring that's when people were like.. DAAAMN :O

All Jack needs is a good run of games, where he absolutely kills it - and when his form is consistent he'll begin to live up to his potential too

I do rate him highly tho
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5344
It's not that he's been bad, it's that he hardly offers much impact to the game but neither did Ramsey Ozil or Ox

Yesterday was just a poor poor performance but I think Wenger is still trying to experiment with our attack because no one knows what's going to be our optimal set up yet.

4-1-4-1 is hopefully out of the question now for at least bigger games

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5345
Original post by AR_95
It's not that he's been bad, it's that he hardly offers much impact to the game but neither did Ramsey Ozil or Ox

Yesterday was just a poor poor performance but I think Wenger is still trying to experiment with our attack because know one knows what's going to be our optimal set up yet.

4-1-4-1 is hopefully out of the question now for at least bigger games

Posted from TSR Mobile

Away from home we could just bust a 4-4-1-1 formation like this:

Giroud
Ozil
Sanchez Ramsey CDM Walcott

And have Sanchez & Walcott catch them out on the counter.

Let's be honest, Ozil is not a player to track back. He never has and never will. His job is to find a killer pass so if we just play that formation (holding), then we could just play on the counter. When we invite teams to press up.. All it takes is a pass to ozil, then he has the choice of unleashing Walcott or Sanchez.. And I'm sure no defense would wanna deal with them two sprinting at them.

Also, Giroud could be used hold the ball up top & bring ozil into the game, who can then unleash the wingers.

Works quite well in my mind actually
Diego Costa or Mandzukic would have been great for this team. They are the type of players that would fit the system perfectly.
Reply 5347
Original post by Tom_Ford
Diego Costa or Mandzukic would have been great for this team. They are the type of players that would fit the system perfectly.

To be honest, I do think we'll get a striker..

Last year Wenger bidded for Suarez & Higuin and wasn't successful so he just went with Giroud, maybe under the false impression that Giroud will improve.

I don't think he'll simply just stop looking for a striker. Especially given that Sanogo is injury prone & Giroud is now out for 4 weeks plus..

Well I hope he's still in for a striker :frown:
Original post by SHOO
To be honest, I do think we'll get a striker..

Last year Wenger bidded for Suarez & Higuin and wasn't successful so he just went with Giroud, maybe under the false impression that Giroud will improve.

I don't think he'll simply just stop looking for a striker. Especially given that Sanogo is injury prone & Giroud is now out for 4 weeks plus..

Well I hope he's still in for a striker :frown:

It makes no sense, if we are short on experienced strikers why is he selling Podolski?

I was not fussed about Higuain to be perfectly honest with you. We could spend money more effectively than that.

Re CDM: I also don't think the problem is just to do with getting any old CDM, because we already have Flamini. I think it is the fact that we effectively need an Arteta replacement. Someone who can also play from the back of midfield and distribute. In short, I think Wenger is looking for the all round midfielder (who can also defend better than who we have) rather than a typical destroyer. These players are rare.
Reply 5349
It makes no sense, if we are short on experienced strikers why is he selling Podolski?

I was not fussed about Higuain to be perfectly honest with you. We could spend money more effectively than that.

Re CDM: I also don't think the problem is just to do with getting any old CDM, because we already have Flamini. I think it is the fact that we effectively need an Arteta replacement. Someone who can also play from the back of midfield and distribute. In short, I think Wenger is looking for the all round midfielder (who can also defend better than who we have) rather than a typical destroyer. These players are rare.

Maybe to vacate the number 9 shirt to buy a marquee striker.. So that Giroud can be used from the bench? And ofcourse to have more funds, an extra position in the squad so that Campbell & Sanogo's development isn't affected etc etc

Also, we don't even know if Poldi is on his way out & if he is we can be sure to expect another striker because Sanogo is too injury prone as is basically not ready. Giroud isn't good enough to lead an Arsenal team, and he'll drift off if he's over played.

Perhaps he is. But he'll need someone who's more defensively disciplined - so more of a holding CDM than a box to box. I just hope he gets one. Carvalho seems like a good shout, I think a lot depends on our CL qualification.

shame you got neither :/

who could you actually get that's available and good value?
falcao, cavani?
Original post by Lúcio
shame you got neither :/

falcao, cavani?

Tbh I liked both Mandzukic and Costa because they are both brutish CF's who can score goals. They are both the type that would not hesitate to leave the elbows on the defender's head to wind them up. That nastiness and compulsion to win every ball. When the opposition team sees them they know we are not messing around. Whereas with Giroud, it's a bit like... "Mate, why have you gone all Miley Cyrus with your hair?". Different world.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
falcao, cavani?

PSG ain't selling Cavani now Zlatan is injured.

Welbeck is available :awesome:
I think someone mentioned it before but maybe wenger should put in a loan bid for illaramendi with a option to buy. He would make perfect sense if wenger wants a player who can defend but also distribute from the back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Aren't u lot afraid you'll make the same mistake like Chelsea wrt welbeck ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
Aren't u lot afraid you'll make the same mistake like Chelsea wrt welbeck ?

I don't want us to sell him, but I think a loan would be good. Can see him doing really well if he ended up at someone like Spurs.
Original post by sr90
I don't want us to sell him, but I think a loan would be good. Can see him doing really well if he ended up at someone like Spurs.

I agree I think he's got it in him to do well and think the games on the wing hae actually helped him improve. Would be interesting to see how he would do if he did come to arsenal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHOO
No that whole season he was terrific. The reason why we talk about that game is because he bossed a midfield that consisted of Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Xavi, Iniesta & Messi.. And was only 19! So it was a stand out game so to speak that really highlights his potential.

His injury problems really effd his form up, and still he hasn't been able to rediscover that form. Back then he was under the influence of Cesc too, and I remember in an interview, Jack said how Cesc had been the most important player that had been around him (something along those lines) because he learnt a lot from him.

Jack has way too much expectation and not reaching means "he's ****" apparently. If we take away the expectation and just observe his previous two/three games, he's actually not been bad. Above average - not great obv but not bad either.

To be fair though, time isn't slowing down and he does need to rediscover his form ASAP otherwise he'll just be another "if" player :frown:

But just remember, Ramsey's jump from an average player to what he is now just took a a few consistent performances with a few goals & that good form just remained & got better and better and better. I remember right at the end of the 12-13 season, where a lot of the armchair lot called Ramsey "deadwood" he started getting a lot of goals & assists.. But no one gave a ****. Then he took that form into the 13-14 season and got a few goals at the start and it still wasn't good enough.. And then when he just carried on scoring that's when people were like.. DAAAMN :O

All Jack needs is a good run of games, where he absolutely kills it - and when his form is consistent he'll begin to live up to his potential too

I do rate him highly tho

Fair point, well made. I do think Cesc was brilliant for us when he was here because he seemed to take up Henry's mantle of taking young, developing players in his position, and acting as a teacher for them. Just look at the impact Henry made on Walcott when he was back training with us. These days we have a similar thing with Chambers saying Kosc and the BFG are helping him and guiding him, but other than that we have no-one in midfield or up front doing the same thing. Perhaps Arteta and Rosicky, but most of our players are either too young, too introverted or too rubbish to be able to do anything, so the new recruits or people called up from the youth squad aren't getting tutored from within the squad, which would make a big difference.
Tbh I liked both Mandzukic and Costa because they are both brutish CF's who can score goals. They are both the type that would not hesitate to leave the elbows on the defender's head to wind them up. That nastiness and compulsion to win every ball. When the opposition team sees them they know we are not messing around. Whereas with Giroud, it's a bit like... "Mate, why have you gone all Miley Cyrus with your hair?". Different world.

i agree - arsenal need to sort it.
yeah he scored the equaliser yesterday, but he also missed a sitter.
a quality striker would've scored both and won the match. (hypothetically)

Original post by sr90

i hear glen johnson has decent shooting boots - try him up front maybe?
Reply 5359
Scary to think the window shuts this day next week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest