The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I haven't done much reading but I've done a lot of watching. Over half way through my PS, might finish it within a few hours :lol:
Original post by LeFailFish
What subject are you planning on applying for and where?

Music, my first choice is Manchester then; Durham, Leeds and York. I'm yet to decide on a 5th uni. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
Music, my first choice is Manchester then; Durham, Leeds and York. I'm yet to decide on a 5th uni. Yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow - I'm impressed! I personally find even the most basic music incredibly difficult. What instruments do you play?

I'm applying for Medicine this year :colondollar: which is nerve-wracking but very exciting at the same time. I'm planning on applying to Imperial, Sheffield and Queens, potentially with Cambridge as the fourth... but my % UMS was lower than I would have liked so I might apply to Leeds or Nottingham instead.
Oh wow - I'm impressed! I personally find even the most basic music incredibly difficult. What instruments do you play?

I'm applying for Medicine this year :colondollar: which is nerve-wracking but very exciting at the same time. I'm planning on applying to Imperial, Sheffield and Queens, potentially with Cambridge as the fourth... but my % UMS was lower than I would have liked so I might apply to Leeds or Nottingham instead.

I play classical/ jazz piano, trumpet and composition ( if you count that xD). Yeah I was thinking about Oxford for music but my grades are slightly lower than imagined (One shock result really, thankfully it wasn't music). Good luck with all your stuff especially as it's medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cammybl
I play classical/ jazz piano, trumpet and composition ( if you count that xD). Yeah I was thinking about Oxford for music but my grades are slightly lower than imagined (One shock result really, thankfully it wasn't music). Good luck with all your stuff especially as it's medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's quite a variety - the piano and trumpet are very different. The extent of my musical ability is playing the Sherlock theme tune on the piano :wink: and I'm very proud of myself for that. It took several months to learn!

Thanks - good luck to you as well! :biggrin:
That's quite a variety - the piano and trumpet are very different. The extent of my musical ability is playing the Sherlock theme tune on the piano :wink: and I'm very proud of myself for that. It took several months to learn!

Thanks - good luck to you as well! :biggrin:

Haha, small beginnings and all that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooh just sent my first christmas temp job application :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This year is make it or break it. Good luck guys!! It's so weird we're already in year 13, off to uni next year... i still have the mentality of a child!!
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Ooh just sent my first christmas temp job application :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bloody hell, I am in dire need of a job for the next school year! Seems like all my friends have one and then there's me, who hasn't done anything since Year 11 work experience. :redface:

Original post by Afghan Warrior
This year is make it or break it. Good luck guys!! It's so weird we're already in year 13, off to uni next year... i still have the mentality of a child!!

Definitely. I must sound a bit boring when I say this, but I can't wait to get back to school. My enrolment day isn't until Tuesday the 2nd. As much fun as summer's been I just want to get on with uni applications and figure out what I'm doing. :colondollar:
Original post by Robertus
Bloody hell, I am in dire need of a job for the next school year! Seems like all my friends have one and then there's me, who hasn't done anything since Year 11 work experience. :redface:

Definitely. I must sound a bit boring when I say this, but I can't wait to get back to school. My enrolment day isn't until Tuesday the 2nd. As much fun as summer's been I just want to get on with uni applications and figure out what I'm doing. :colondollar:

Yeah I figured a Christmas job would probably be better than a year long job as there were less commitments :smile:
I really want to travel next summer so I need the money tbh aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blamethenargles

Haha! IT'S REVEALING YOUR IDENTITY

My profile has my school on, and my first name, plus they'll know which year I'm in from the thread... I think that my initials would be the last thing that reveals it :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same boat, i just want to get back to school (i start on the 3rd) and start year 13 work and get all this UCAS and uni stuff over and done with!

What are you hoping to study at uni?
I'm in the same boat, i just want to get back to school (i start on the 3rd) and start year 13 work and get all this UCAS and uni stuff over and done with!

What are you hoping to study at uni?

Classics. :smile: Was undecided for the longest time and basically didn't settle on something until July! For A Levels I do English Literature, History and Classical Civilisation so I was pretty eager to do any one of those three at uni.
Classics. :smile: Was undecided for the longest time and basically didn't settle on something until July! For A Levels I do English Literature, History and Classical Civilisation so I was pretty eager to do any one of those three at uni.

Ooh thats really cool. I'm not good at writing essays and stuff lol. I want to study pharmacy so we're at opposite ends of the spectrum haha
Ooh thats really cool. I'm not good at writing essays and stuff lol. I want to study pharmacy so we're at opposite ends of the spectrum haha

Haha yeah, essay writing and language-based stuff has always been my speciality, and I love anything historical. :smile:
Helloooooooooo
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Helloooooooooo

HI!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gonna be working at a zoo for a week starting from tomorrow :biggrin:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Gonna be working at a zoo for a week starting from tomorrow :biggrin:

Which one? Can I visit?:tongue:
Can't.get.to.sleep.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest