The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Good luck convincing Wenger to break the wage structure for Falcao. Madrid won't go for him either so theirs no ifs

Many of the names you've mentioned aren't really upgrades on giroud or are either out of question for transfer either

Posted from TSR Mobile

He broke his transfer price structure last season for Ozil, because he was desperate and realized we needed a signing. I am sure if he gets enough pressure he will break his wage structure for one player.

Many of the names I mentioned are upgrades on Giroud, and although some are out of question, the fact is that there are players out there in different teams and leagues, and it isn't just a case of 'Cavani or nothing'.
Reply 5381
Original post by Arkasia
Why is Falcao out? If Madrid do go in for him that should mean we could get Benzema.

Also, Eto'o is a free agent, he wants £100k/week but if we do sell Podolski maybe we should pick him up?

If Juventus get Podolski, we could make the deal so that we have the option of buying one of Llorente, Giovinco, Tevez in return.

We could also look at Aduriz, Cerci, Insigne, Negredo, Dos Santos, Higuain, Lavezzi, Remy, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Firmino, Berardi, Rossi.

If Wenger actually dips into the Italian pot he has so many options, but he refuses to.

Eto'o did not show anything last season that suggests he is worth his significant wage, including at the WC.

Juventus would not let Llorente go, Tevez and Giovinco would not fit into our system at all.

The bottom list of players is full of ones that would be available, e.g. Negredo/Higuain/Aubameyang/Insigne, or just simply not worth it e.g. Rossi/Dos Santos. Remy would be possible but he's not a striker that takes a team to a league win.
Reply 5382
Original post by SHOO
Changing your name eh

Was wondering who you could possibly be lol

I was wondering why he is on my ignore list (apparently). I certainly didn't put any "lucio" there. Makes sense now though (still weird though doesn't usually happen with dupes does it?). :lol:
Original post by Ilz300
Eto'o did not show anything last season that suggests he is worth his significant wage, including at the WC.

Juventus would not let Llorente go, Tevez and Giovinco would not fit into our system at all.

The bottom list of players is full of ones that would be available, e.g. Negredo/Higuain/Aubameyang/Insigne, or just simply not worth it e.g. Rossi/Dos Santos. Remy would be possible but he's not a striker that takes a team to a league win.

Fair point but he is better than nothing, and most likely better than Sanogo.

Why wouldn't they? After buying Morata they have an abundance of strikers, so I can see us getting one of them in return for selling them Podolski. And again, Tevez and Giovinco may not fit but they would be better than nothing.

I really can't see the benefits of being extremely picky when our options are currently so terrible.
Original post by llys
I was wondering why he is on my ignore list (apparently). I certainly didn't put any "lucio" there. Makes sense now though (still weird though doesn't usually happen with dupes does it?). :lol:

Lool wait, so who is it?!! SUG?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5385
Original post by Arkasia
He broke his transfer price structure last season for Ozil, because he was desperate and realized we needed a signing. I am sure if he gets enough pressure he will break his wage structure for one player.

Many of the names I mentioned are upgrades on Giroud, and although some are out of question, the fact is that there are players out there in different teams and leagues, and it isn't just a case of 'Cavani or nothing'.

Transfer policy and wage structure are different things and Ozil is not on crazy wages. Falcao won't come to Arsenal.

Many are not. Serie A is a piss poor league. Tevez is ridiculous. I doubt insigne would even have a better season than Giroud, he's short as **** and we already have plenty of midgets in the team. Aubamayang (sorry for the spelling) would be decent IMO but I doubt Dortmund are selling him either

Honestly it's easy to name every decent striker out there, doesn't mean you should consider them as potential transfer targets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Transfer policy and wage structure are different things and Ozil is not on crazy wages. Falcao won't come to Arsenal.

Many are not. Serie A is a piss poor league. Tevez is ridiculous. I doubt insigne would even have a better season than Giroud, he's short as **** and we already have plenty of midgets in the team. Aubamayang (sorry for the spelling) would be decent IMO but I doubt Dortmund are selling him either

Honestly it's easy to name every decent striker out there, doesn't mean you should consider them as potential transfer targets

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are different things but they relate to the same root issue: Wenger's stinginess.

Again, I am naming decent strikers to show people who think 'Falcao, Cavani or no-one' that there are still others out there.
Reply 5387
Original post by Arkasia
They are different things but they relate to the same root issue: Wenger's stinginess.

Again, I am naming decent strikers to show people who think 'Falcao, Cavani or no-one' that there are still others out there.

Wenger being stingy or stubborn isn't to blame for not going for Falcao...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5388
Original post by Peggles_*

Nah just Luke (I think, at least that's the name replaced on my list so I think he officially changed his name rather than making a new account). SUG seems to have given up.
Original post by AR_95
Wenger being stingy or stubborn isn't to blame for not going for Falcao...

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is then? Wenger's stubborn-ness to accept problems in his squad and try to fix them is well-known. His inactivity in the past few transfer seasons has been infuriating for many. Even now most of our transfers this season were replacements, instead of additions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am going to sound like an idiot but who is SUG?
Things aren't going well for United, 1-1 so far. Could be their worst start ever.
Reply 5391
Original post by Arkasia
What is then? Wenger's stubborn-ness to accept problems in his squad and try to fix them is well-known. His inactivity in the past few transfer seasons has been infuriating for many. Even now most of our transfers this season were replacements, instead of additions.

Falcao is a world-class talent, a 'galactico' if you will. Arsenal are just not a team that can attract someone like that, both in wages or the player wanting to come in the first place. As a fan, it does pain me to say it.
Original post by Ilz300
For what reason? Being short of a DM? Should I suggest all Liverpool fans hide until Suarez is replaced by a player of equal quality?

lol, love it.
i said hide because with wenger you don't have a clue what's going on or who you're gonna buy.
just hide, come out when it's over and see if you won the jackpot.

Original post by Arkasia
Pfft I know, we should hang our heads in disgrace for being unbeaten this season so far and signing Alexis. What were we thinking?

i know man, bloody awful.
awful. :/
Original post by Ilz300
Falcao is a world-class talent, a 'galactico' if you will. Arsenal are just not a team that can attract someone like that, both in wages or the player wanting to come in the first place. As a fan, it does pain me to say it.

Ah, that makes more sense. Well, we are on an upwards trajectory, getting Ozil then Sanchez. Who knows what could happen?

Original post by Lúcio
lol, love it.
i said hide because with wenger you don't have a clue what's going on or who you're gonna buy.

Wasn't it you cheeky sods who tried to nab Campbell on loan?
Reply 5394

Posted from TSR Mobile

No lol Luke.. I was wondering who this random Lucio guy is who's getting brave for no reason haha
Reply 5395
Original post by Lúcio
lol, love it.

And what team has a transfer window where the purchases they are going make are explicitly stated beforehand?
Original post by Arkasia

Wasn't it you cheeky sods who tried to nab Campbell on loan?

there were rumours, yes
then again, he would've been our 3rd/4th striker so it wasn't really too important.
Original post by Ilz300
And what team has a transfer window where the purchases they are going make are explicitly stated beforehand?

calm down dear, you'll hurt yourself.

i think we can all agree that united are the dumbest, yeah?
Original post by Arkasia

SUG also known as Straight Up G was a tsr user, once a legend that wondered these parts. Once regarded as the most annoying guy on here, yet he still made those around him laugh. Legend has it that once day he shall return and pick up where he left off.
Original post by Lúcio
there were rumours, yes
then again, he would've been our 3rd/4th striker so it wasn't really too important.

Oh yeah, bring up the fact you have competent strikers. Rub it in.

Y u do dis :frown:

Latest