Reply 1520
Original post by James A
No clean sheet for Adam Johnson then :rofl:

Or for Juan Mata :tongue:
Curtois
Moore, Hutton, Garbutt
Silva, Downing, Sigurdsson, Fabregas
Aguero, Costa, Drogba.

What a team I have. You guys are lucky im not in this league.
Original post by Jordooooom
Curtois
Moore, Hutton, Garbutt
Aguero, Costa, Drogba.

When did you make the team, before or after GW1? Also Drogba is a terrible pick, he just won't play
dat feeling when you assume the player in your starting XI is playing in the game, when infact he isn't even playing at all and isn't on the bench :rofl:

:emo:
Reply 1524
Original post by Alex Doran
When did you make the team, before or after GW1? Also Drogba is a terrible pick, he just won't play

hey hey Drogba got a point yesterday :biggrin:
Painful having 3 United players. If this is how they play on a supposedly easy run of fixtures then it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Can't wait to WC already after the transfer window shuts.
Original post by Isometrix
Painful having 3 United players. If this is how they play on a supposedly easy run of fixtures then it doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Can't wait to WC already after the transfer window shuts.

Sunderland away is not a great fixture for attackers and the next 4 look easier (especially QPR at home) so I won't be rushing to sell my Rooney or Mata but if United don't improve massively (anyone in the team needs to make a pass that isn't sideways), I will be selling after those 6 games. I am seriously considering selling Jones because defensively they just look so weak and I can't see 1 or 2 signings being enough to fix it.
Di Maria will probably be very expensive but if he is cheap enough (<10m) I might put him in depending on where he plays (don't see how another attacker fits in to the current formation unless he drops Mata.)
Fail day for me today. Hopefully Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho will do well for me so I don't a terrible GW.

Will also use my wildcard next week.
Can I join. I will be 2 game weeks late:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder how much Di Maria will cost?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edged out my h2h opponent. 6 points out of 6:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top - muwahaha.
Original post by Isometrix
Painful having 3 United players. If this is how they play on a supposedly easy run of fixtures then it doesn't exactly inspire confidence

Yeah you are right, it doesn't, but remember we're getting used to a completely new formation and we have countless injuries. Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw is pretty much the first choice backline and all of them are injured (or unavailable in Rojo's case), as are Carrick and Herrera who are the first choice CM pairing. Imagine if Chelsea had Luis, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Fabregas and Matic all injured at the same time, they'd probably struggle too!

Original post by khalidpatel
I wonder how much Di Maria will cost?

I think he'll be 10.0, same price as Mesut was when he joined Arsenal. Someone suggested he'd be 12m earlier, but the only mids who I remember at that price are ones who had been tearing up the league for several years (Lampard, Fabregas at Arsenal, Ronaldo)

Original post by Jordooooom
Curtois
Moore, Hutton, Garbutt
Aguero, Costa, Drogba.

4 Chelsea players? 0/10
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Yeah you are right, it doesn't, but remember we're getting used to a completely new formation and we have countless injuries. Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw is pretty much the first choice backline and all of them are injured (or unavailable in Rojo's case), as are Carrick and Herrera who are the first choice CM pairing. Imagine if Chelsea had Luis, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Fabregas and Matic all injured at the same time, they'd probably struggle too!

The last time I remember a top four team with an injury crisis quite this bad was last March when Arsenal lost Ramsey, Ozil, Wilshere, Gibbs, Monreal, Walcott, Kallstrom and Kosc (for a couple of games), and they cacked the bed against Everton and Chelsea, but still managed a draw against Swansea and City and beat West Ham and Spurs.

Thing is, Rojo and Shaw have never even played for you and Rafael has been a liability and a crock for a while now, so the fact you are blaming such results as last week and this week on their absence (ok that's not fair, but expecting things to improve when they are playing) and calling them your first team is a bit worrying in itself. There's a big question mark over whether Shaw will be ready to be a player in a team that expects so much more, and Rojo as center back doesn't inspire confidence from what i've seen.

Add to the the fact that Rooney appears to have made passing the ball sideways and blasting it into the nearest defender's belly his hobby, that Young should probably just be shot for everyone's good, Fletcher and Cleverley aren't up to the midfield job and Herrera looks good but not ready, and I just can't see how a 'first choice defence' is going to bring the results.

Nope, I reckon we have at least another season of laughing at United's downfall to enjoy. It's only a shame that Manchester City and Chelsea will benefit, who obviously are detestable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Thing is, Rojo and Shaw have never even played for you and Rafael has been a liability and a crock for a while now, so the fact you are blaming such results as last week and this week on their absence and calling them your first team is a bit worrying in itself. There's a big question mark over whether Shaw will be ready to be a player in a team that expects so much more, and Rojo as center back doesn't inspire confidence from what i've seen. .

I'm not saying it's entirely because of their absence, but it's obviously a contributing factor having so many first team players out. United always seem to get injury crisis' like this, it happened under Moyes and it happened repeatedly under Ferguson, I recall a CL game a few years ago where we had to play Carrick & Fletcher in a back three because every defender on our books was injured.

My only concern if we do sign Blind, De Jong, Di Maria is that we've effectively got an entire new team compared to pre season. There's a very real possibility that we'll have 7-8 changes for the Burnley game next week, and it's silly to expect instant results given how, as you said, we've been dog**** for 2 years. I think we'll sort it out in the long term but yeh, i'm just glad that we don't have to play someone like City or Chelsea for a while yet. They'd absolutely annihilate us.
Original post by sr90
I'm not saying it's entirely because of their absence, but it's obviously a contributing factor.

Yes i edited in that, it was wrong to suggest that was what you said
These early price changes are starting to get annoying. Had a few players drop already. Don't want to make a points hit this early but looks like I might need to.
This week my two highest scorers are the cheapish options i took a punt on so i'd have more money to buy the star players.

Naismith (9) and Rodwell (8)
Reply 1538
What are the chences of City winning by 4 goals?
Original post by Qari
What are the chences of City winning by 4 goals?

Very likely.

Quick Reply