The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Triple Science GCSE

Hi,

These questions are to all the year 10/11s that just got their results for the May/ June 2014 C1, C2, and C3 exams. Please answer them!.
1) How did you find the test?
2) What did you get?
3) What grade did you expect?
4) Did your ISA mark change after being moderated?
Reply 1
Original post by JanitaTwain
Hi,

These questions are to all the year 10/11s that just got their results for the May/ June 2014 C1, C2, and C3 exams. Please answer them!.
2) What did you get?

I thought C3 was a lot harder than I expected, but then C1 was pretty easy and I think I put too much detail in some of my anwsers and kind of ran out of time a little, and C2 was sort of in the middle, I was kind of unsure about a lot of the anwsers I put when I came out of the exam

I was predicted an A* but I wasn't sure about the exams really so I expected an A or a B, but I cam out with an A*!!!! I was SO chuffed

My first ISA mark was 38 pre mediation but then we did a second one and I got 42 pre moderation, which stayed the same after it was moderated :smile:
Original post by walshie
I thought C3 was a lot harder than I expected, but then C1 was pretty easy and I think I put too much detail in some of my anwsers and kind of ran out of time a little, and C2 was sort of in the middle, I was kind of unsure about a lot of the anwsers I put when I came out of the exam

I was predicted an A* but I wasn't sure about the exams really so I expected an A or a B, but I cam out with an A*!!!! I was SO chuffed

My first ISA mark was 38 pre mediation but then we did a second one and I got 42 pre moderation, which stayed the same after it was moderated :smile:

That must've been so great! I'm dreading getting my results, I thought that C2 was wwwaaayyyy harder than C3. I found both of the six mark questions quiet hard in C2/3 but the one in C1 was AMAZING :biggrin: I'm nervous of my ISA being moderated down, seeing as I got 44 which is right on the grade boundary...
Reply 3
That must've been so great! I'm dreading getting my results, I thought that C2 was wwwaaayyyy harder than C3. I found both of the six mark questions quiet hard in C2/3 but the one in C1 was AMAZING :biggrin: I'm nervous of my ISA being moderated down, seeing as I got 44 which is right on the grade boundary...

it might go up, you never know!! :smile:
C1 was difficult, C2 was the absolute worst, C3 was so beautiful, I was smiling throughout the whole exam.
2) What did you get?
B for Core, B for Additional, B for Futher Additional
C for Core, C for Additional, B/A for Futher Additional
Not sure, didn't get my ISA marks again (just finished year 11 btw)
Original post by funkydee19
C1 was difficult, C2 was the absolute worst, C3 was so beautiful, I was smiling throughout the whole exam.
2) What did you get?
B for Core, B for Additional, B for Futher Additional
C for Core, C for Additional, B/A for Futher Additional
Not sure, didn't get my ISA marks again (just finished year 11 btw)

Most difficult: C2
Least difficult: C1
What was your ISA ,mark before moderation?
Most difficult: C2
Least difficult: C1
What was your ISA ,mark before moderation?

I really can't remember, I did my core ISA back in 2011/2012 and additional ISA I redid in year 11 and was one mark away from an A*
I really can't remember, I did my core ISA back in 2011/2012 and additional ISA I redid in year 11 and was one mark away from an A*

Ahh, tough luck.
Ahh, tough luck.

idrm tbh I exceeded all my targets, and I meet my entry requirements for college so its all cool.:cool: All the best tho, in year 11 (guessing that you're in year 10).
Hi,

2) What did you get?

All exams went fine, I struggled slightly with c1 because it's not proper chemistry, but not really. I got A* overall, which is what i was predicted:
c1: a* (93ums)
c2: a* (93ums)
c3: a* (100ums)
isa: a* (98ums)
384ums overall

My ISA mark did not decrease, however, due to the movement of the ISA grade boundaries this year I would have got 100ums instead of 98 (my best mark was 47/50)
Original post by Lokiofasgard
All exams went fine, I struggled slightly with c1 because it's not proper chemistry, but not really. I got A* overall, which is what i was predicted:
c1: a* (93ums)
c2: a* (93ums)
c3: a* (100ums)
isa: a* (98ums)
384ums overall

My ISA mark did not decrease, however, due to the movement of the ISA grade boundaries this year I would have got 100ums instead of 98 (my best mark was 47/50)

Great results, are you doing chemistry at A- Level?
idrm tbh I exceeded all my targets, and I meet my entry requirements for college so its all cool.:cool: All the best tho, in year 11 (guessing that you're in year 10).

Yeah, I'm in year 10. Thanks and best of luck for college!
Hi,

2) What did you get?

1. I found unit 1 the hardest, for some reason I suck at 'how science works' questions. The others were quite straight forward.
2. I got an a* :biggrin:
c1: 83
c2: 94
c3: 100
c4: 100
3. My expected grade was an A or above.
4. No, it didn't change my mark after moderation.
Woop woop :smile:
Can anyone recommend any books/ advice for the how science works questions, please?
Great results, are you doing chemistry at A- Level?

Yep, to a2. Still deciding whether I want to study chemistry or physics at uni.
Yeah, I'm in year 10. Thanks and best of luck for college!

Thankyou :smile:
Original post by Laurasaur
1. I found unit 1 the hardest, for some reason I suck at 'how science works' questions. The others were quite straight forward.
2. I got an a* :biggrin:
c1: 83
c2: 94
c3: 100
c4: 100
3. My expected grade was an A or above.
4. No, it didn't change my mark after moderation.
Woop woop :smile:
Can anyone recommend any books/ advice for the how science works questions, please?

Please take a look at my thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2809725
It has all the revision materials I used for my Science GCSE. (Core&Additional&Triple). The books that I posted the link to contain the 'how science works' parts that you are looking for. Hopefully it's the same exam board, sorry if it isn't!
Okay, thanks :smile: that's a useful thread by the way! :biggrin:
1) I found C1 and C2 really good but I probably hadn't revised enough for C3 and found a lot of the fact-based questions difficult.
2) C1: 91 UMS
C2: 94 UMS
C3: 83 UMS
ISA:88 UMS
Oveall: A (356 UMS)
3) Was hoping for an A* :colondollar: but still pleased
4) Went down 2 UMS
C1 was fine, C2 was fine, C3 was awesome :biggrin:
2) What did you get?
C1- 99UMS
C2- 94UMS
C3- 100UMS
ISA- 78UMS (!!!!!!)
So A* in total
A*
I don't know, but it's scary to think my ISA almost dragged me down to an A. I actually got a B in the ISA, my high exam UMS pulled me up.

Quick Reply

Latest