The Student Room Group

Would it be bad to eat the same meals each day?

So I have designed a meal plan for myself that fits my calories and everything I need to build muscle perfectly. However I am just wondering if it will affect me mentally in any way if I eat the same food everyday. The meals look delicious to me and I have no problem eating all of them.
Original post by mrhedgehog
So I have designed a meal plan for myself that fits my calories and everything I need to build muscle perfectly. However I am just wondering if it will affect me mentally in any way if I eat the same food everyday. The meals look delicious to me and I have no problem eating all of them.

Variety is generally better when talking about vegetables/fruits etc just because they'll have different levels of certain vitamins and you want to have a good intake of all of them. Otherwise it's no real problem, you just might get sick of it eventually and have to come up with another meal plan

Well, it does not sound healthy and while it has not to end in the worst case scenario of an eating disorder, which would mean, you can't switch without feeling bad, it does not seem advisable.

Usually you will have enough from eating the same food over and over again, no matter how delicious it might be.
Reply 3
Original post by ttankzhang
Variety is generally better when talking about vegetables/fruits etc just because they'll have different levels of certain vitamins and you want to have a good intake of all of them. Otherwise it's no real problem, you just might get sick of it eventually and have to come up with another meal plan

Original post by Nathanielle
Well, it does not sound healthy and while it has not to end in the worst case scenario of an eating disorder, which would mean, you can't switch without feeling bad, it does not seem advisable.

Usually you will have enough from eating the same food over and over again, no matter how delicious it might be.

Thanks for the input guys. Hmm how about having the same overall basis of meals the same but varying the snacks. For example breakfast consists of Eggs and oatmeal and banana all the time but snacks vary from a peanut butter sandwich to almonds to blueberries with yoghurt?
Thanks for the input guys. Hmm how about having the same overall basis of meals the same but varying the snacks. For example breakfast consists of Eggs and oatmeal and banana all the time but snacks vary from a peanut butter sandwich to almonds to blueberries with yoghurt?

Well, I would vary also the meals and not only the snacks. As lunch and/or evening meals are also often used as get-together, so I would let me some space to be able to eat with others and at other places. Generally it should be sufficient to have a range of foods and some meals and then vary them over the week, so to pick from a pool of meals. That makes you automatically more flexible.

Maybe it would be also worth to ask someone who does meal plans professionally, as you already seem to have put a big deal of work in it.
Post your plan. This question is pointless without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RollerBall
Post your plan. This question is pointless without it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here goes:

Breakfast - 4 eggs, oatmeal and banana

Lunch - Beef mince with wholemeal pasta, broccolli and yoghurt

Dinner - Chicken Breast with baked beans, wholemeal spaghetti and avocado

Snacks - tuna chunks, peanut butter sandwich, blueberries, dark chocolate, or almonds.
Here goes:

Breakfast - 4 eggs, oatmeal and banana

Lunch - Beef mince with wholemeal pasta, broccolli and yoghurt

Dinner - Chicken Breast with baked beans, wholemeal spaghetti and avocado

Snacks - tuna chunks, peanut butter sandwich, blueberries, dark chocolate, or almonds.

You need more + varied fruit and veg. You can't eat the same 4-5 fruit and veg every day. It's fine other than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by RollerBall
You need more + varied fruit and veg. You can't eat the same 4-5 fruit and veg every day. It's fine other than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll add some tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, peppers and spinach.
Yeah I'll add some tomatoes, cucumbers, strawberries, peppers and spinach.

Strong. You'll be fine as long as you don't get sick of them, which I don't think you would either tbh with the rotation of fruit and veg plus when you inevitably change it up to eat out etc. Providing you're like me (I ate either home made chicki balti/tikka masala + rice with different veg for something like 20 dinners in July).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest