The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by little_wizard123
Very likely.

I'm trying to figure out what are the least points I could get from tomorrows match :tongue:
If City win by 4-0 then 2 points otherwise minimum 3
Original post by Qari
I'm trying to figure out what are the least points I could get from tomorrows match :tongue:
If City win by 4-0 then 2 points otherwise minimum 3

I got 5 points from my 3 Utd players today, so always expect the worst. Then take off a couple of points
Ffs y did I get Hoilett, he is droppin in price again tonight. Will have to use one of my FT to take him out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1543
I got 5 points from my 3 Utd players today, so always expect the worst. Then take off a couple of points

lool, fair enough. Currently I have the same amount of points as I got last GW :tongue:
have you participated in the prdiciton thread?
Btw, don't trust the price drop tools. Basically, FPL have 'moved' some important data required and so they're basically just guesses.

Original post by Qari
lool, fair enough. Currently I have the same amount of points as I got last GW :tongue:
have you participated in the prdiciton thread?

Yeah, doing terribly in that too. Might just stick to World Cup fantasies and UFPL in the future.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am normally very against points hits but this week I had to do it, made 4 transfers and am so glad I did. I took out De Gea, F.Luis, B.Davies and Eriksen and put in Courtois, Jones, Kaboul and Schurle. I didn't want to swap Eriksen but I was late on my transfers so Davies dropped in value. I got 13 more points (then minus the 12 point hit) and can't believe it worked out so well for me. I gained 1 point, I now have all regular starters and I have a better team value (Schurrle went up, Luis and Davies dropped again.)
Like I said, I am against points hits and won't be doing it again but if your players aren't playing, it is worth taking the hit because you will need to get rid of them eventually. Don't take big hits for the sake of it and don't panic buy but if you have non starters, it is defo worth it.
Reply 1546
Btw, don't trust the price drop tools. Basically, FPL have 'moved' some important data required and so they're basically just guesses.

Yeah, doing terribly in that too. Might just stick to World Cup fantasies and UFPL in the future.

I don't even know what the bit in bold is.

And yesterday I did crap. Today got 2 perfect scores :biggrin:
first hit.. annoying, said I would not take one this season unless forced to.. but chesters red card means id only have 1 guarenteed starters in my defense next week.

so -4pts, and back to 3 good defenders..

Shame

also, big mistake last week..

davis -> chester or dier..

Made the wrong choice.. one scored, one got a red card..
(edited 9 years ago)

:lol:

Dier, Ramsey and Naismith with the most points wrt their positions. This can't sit well with you lol.
Original post by Isometrix
:lol:

Dier, Ramsey and Naismith with the most points wrt their positions. This can't sit well with you lol.

Ramsey is a class act, I just went with Sanchez as he's the out of position, 20 goal a season player. I think he'll come good, but think I'll have to get rid of him this week as I'm already 50 points behind everybody.

As for Dier and Naismith, it's worse that they did well in the first week as well. At least price rises are harder this season so I'm not losing out loads of team value too :rolleyes: just points :lol:
Ramsey is a class act, I just went with Sanchez as he's the out of position, 20 goal a season player. I think he'll come good, but think I'll have to get rid of him this week as I'm already 50 points behind everybody.

As for Dier and Naismith, it's worse that they did well in the first week as well. At least price rises are harder this season so I'm not losing out loads of team value too :rolleyes: just points :lol:

Give Sanchez time, don't sell him. When Giroud is fully fit (should be by the next game) Sanchez will be at right wing again and he will become even more the focus of attack because Ramsey will be further back. Giroud will be up top with Cazorla/Ox (Walcott when fit), Ozil and Sanchez behind him and Ramsey will be one of the 2 more defensive midfielders. Both of Ramseys goals have just bee him in a very attacking area and with an open net, when Wenger goes back to a 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey sitting, he will need to be further back as he won't have Wilshere and Flamini covering for him. At some point this season Sanchez will be a must have player, if you do sell him, make sure there is an easy way to get him back in.
Original post by Alex Doran

It's better, at the start at least, to cover yourself with the highly owned players. Problem is, I've forgotten this and crumbled. I didn't sell yesterday before his price drop, so I'll see how things look after the midweek games. Need to see something positive from him midweek.
Give Sanchez time, don't sell him. When Giroud is fully fit (should be by the next game) Sanchez will be at right wing again and he will become even more the focus of attack because Ramsey will be further back. Giroud will be up top with Cazorla/Ox (Walcott when fit), Ozil and Sanchez behind him and Ramsey will be one of the 2 more defensive midfielders. Both of Ramseys goals have just bee him in a very attacking area and with an open net, when Wenger goes back to a 4-2-3-1 with Ramsey sitting, he will need to be further back as he won't have Wilshere and Flamini covering for him. At some point this season Sanchez will be a must have player, if you do sell him, make sure there is an easy way to get him back in.

Ramsey was part of a 4-2-3-1 last season wasnt he. He will be given license to go forward still so his goals should not dry up. Him being in the right place is no fluke, he has a hint of Frank Lampard about him making runs from deep and scoring key goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's everyone's thoughts on Fabregas and Ramsey?

I have Silva, Mata and Hazard as my attacking 3 midfield players, all of whom have scored in their opening 1/2 games. Concerned that Ramsey and Fabregas have it in them to get some big points early on.

What position is Fabregas actually playing? Is he likely to hit some of the form he hit at Arsenal stats wise?

Ramsey irks me because he never really looks like scoring, and then appears in the right place at the right time. In a team without a top striker and not many goals going around i fear he will continue to score a lot still as the team is reliant on some class to pull them through, and Ramsey is just that.

I don't think Sanchez was a very good starting pick, at 10.5 in a new league, already very inconsistent as a player, going to take time for him to bed in. As the season progresses he will be an interesting one to watch.

Why did i play Caulker over Hutton is annoying me. The fact i have Wisdom on the bench less so as realistically i would have played Caulker/Bojan over him anyway. Just one of those things which are unlikely and came through.
(edited 9 years ago)

Agree with ArsenalWenger. Ramsey was one of the two last season and it didn't stop him getting forward. He doesn't sit really, he's got the energy for the box-to-box role. Probably a season keeper for me.

I think Sanchez will become a good pick however. Just needs games to get used to the new players and their wavelengths. Plus, if Wenger doesn't sign another striker before the window closes, Sanchez should get some gametime covering Giroud. Will probably double up with Arsenal mids at somepoint, just going to be difficult picking the second out of Sanchez/Walcott/maybe Ozil.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Ramsey was part of a 4-2-3-1 last season wasnt he. He will be given license to go forward still so his goals should not dry up. Him being in the right place is no fluke, he has a hint of Frank Lampard about him making runs from deep and scoring key goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is no doubt he is a class player and he will continue to score goals but I think, once Arsenal settle down with the first team, it will be Sanchez picking up the big points. Ramsey will still score well but probably not as well as last season as teams will focus on him a lot more. In both of Arsenals league games they have lacked ideas and, like United, have spent a lot of time passing sideways because no one wants to take the responsibility and move past the 18 yard line. Sanchez will be the player they look to to make that surging run and Walcott when he is back will do the same. Ramsey will make a run off the ball but until someone takes responsibility and attempts a forward pass, they aren't going to find him. He will still get goals like his 2 so far where he is in the right position but I can't see him scoring as many as last season.
Original post by Gob Bluth
What's everyone's thoughts on Fabregas and Ramsey?

I have Silva, Mata and Hazard as my attacking 3 midfield players, all of whom have scored in their opening 1/2 games. Concerned that Ramsey and Fabregas have it in them to get some big points early on.

What position is Fabregas actually playing? Is he likely to hit some of the form he hit at Arsenal stats wise?

Ramsey irks me because he never really looks like scoring, and then appears in the right place at the right time. In a team without a top striker and not many goals going around i fear he will continue to score a lot still as the team is reliant on some class to pull them through, and Ramsey is just that.

I don't think Sanchez was a very good starting pick, at 10.5 in a new league, already very inconsistent as a player, going to take time for him to bed in. As the season progresses he will be an interesting one to watch.

Why did i play Caulker over Hutton is annoying me. The fact i have Wisdom on the bench less so as realistically i would have played Caulker/Bojan over him anyway. Just one of those things which are unlikely and came through.

Fabregas is playing a similar position to Ramsey last season I think? Alongside Matic but he's not restricted getting forward. When he does whoever's playing in the centre of the three just holds off as some cover. I think he's a great pick but so is Hazard. Hazard's still on penalties? Fabregas is their go to set-piece taker? I think it could go either way as to who'll be the better pick between the two. Don't know about Fabregas hitting Arsenal form as I wasn't an Fpl-er back then.

Think Ramsey's stats (from last season) are good, despite him having the illusion of a player who jammily pops up at the right moment.

I'm not sure on Mata (ManU in general tbh). I kneejerked from him to Fabregas after the first GW. Kind of regret it after yesterday but ultimately I want to be able to enjoy the empires downfall without secretly cheering on too many fpl assets. Back to midfield picks, there really are too many! You've got three solid picks but a selection of Ramsey, Fabregas and Sterling could be equally good this season? If you wanted Ramsey/Fab in who do you drop? Silva had a great points per game last season, Mata should keep producing to have to offset their crap defence, Hazard is generally excellent. 3-5-2 formation to get 4 big hitters in there? (which is essentially 5 big hitters with Sig as 5th mid)

I started Caulker too.. The problem is he's got the goal threat in every game, so I'm very unwilling to bench him. Want to be there for his 16 point haul :cool:
Original post by Prandtl
Fabregas is playing a similar position to Ramsey last season I think? Alongside Matic but he's not restricted getting forward. When he does whoever's playing in the centre of the three just holds off as some cover. I think he's a great pick but so is Hazard. Hazard's still on penalties? Fabregas is their go to set-piece taker? I think it could go either way as to who'll be the better pick between the two. Don't know about Fabregas hitting Arsenal form as I wasn't an Fpl-er back then.

Think Ramsey's stats (from last season) are good, despite him having the illusion of a player who jammily pops up at the right moment.

I'm not sure on Mata (ManU in general tbh). I kneejerked from him to Fabregas after the first GW. Kind of regret it after yesterday but ultimately I want to be able to enjoy the empires downfall without secretly cheering on too many fpl assets. Back to midfield picks, there really are too many! You've got three solid picks but a selection of Ramsey, Fabregas and Sterling could be equally good this season? If you wanted Ramsey/Fab in who do you drop? Silva had a great points per game last season, Mata should keep producing to have to offset their crap defence, Hazard is generally excellent. 3-5-2 formation to get 4 big hitters in there? (which is essentially 5 big hitters with Sig as 5th mid)

I started Caulker too.. The problem is he's got the goal threat in every game, so I'm very unwilling to bench him. Want to be there for his 16 point haul :cool:

I didn't play it back then either, but if you look at his history, the stats are daunting and very good.

Considering the 3-5-2, already have Sigurddson as i knew he'd be a don from the start :wink: But it really impacts the defence/attack. Not sure how i'd figure out a good defence/attack from that. Would have to wildcard, so may do after the window ends depending on how everything is going. Hesitant with Liverpool players atm as there does seem like a lot of talent there, Sterling most likely to come in if anyone, already have Sturridge, which is something i'm not sure about either. The big 5 strikers in the league are so expensive. I want Aguero, and Adebayor is reasonable.

That's my thoughts with Caulker, his goal threat is big, and i'm weary of benching players who have that threat as it played against me last season.

Is it worth massacring a backline to accomodate the midfield of Ramsey, Fabregas, Silva, Sigs and Hazard with a front 2 of Aguero and Diego Costa/Rooney? With Vaz Te as the 4.5 striker. Trying to work out if i could get away with such audacity. Wisdom, Dummett, Hutton, McShane (all 4.0) and N.Taylor (4.5) would be my backline :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Gob Bluth
I didn't play it back then either, but if you look at his history, the stats are daunting and very good.

Considering the 3-5-2, already have Sigurddson as i knew he'd be a don from the start :wink: But it really impacts the defence/attack. Not sure how i'd figure out a good defence/attack from that. Would have to wildcard, so may do after the window ends depending on how everything is going. Hesitant with Liverpool players atm as there does seem like a lot of talent there, Sterling most likely to come in if anyone, already have Sturridge, which is something i'm not sure about either. The big 5 strikers in the league are so expensive. I want Aguero, and Adebayor is reasonable.

That's my thoughts with Caulker, his goal threat is big, and i'm weary of benching players who have that threat as it played against me last season.

Is it worth massacring a backline to accomodate the midfield of Ramsey, Fabregas, Silva, Sigs and Hazard with a front 2 of Aguero and Diego Costa/Rooney? With Vaz Te as the 4.5 striker. Trying to work out if i could get away with such audacity. Wisdom, Dummett, Hutton, McShane (all 4.0) and N.Taylor (4.5) would be my backline :lol:

Looking at Fabregas's history, I would take that 09/10 form! Don't know if the scoring/bonus points were any different back then though? He's probably won't get as up and down the pitch as he did back then for Arsenal. Also, he's surrounded by quality in this Chelsea team so maybe the points will be shared around more. He was the main man for that Arsenal team.

Sigurdsson's going to be ~8.0 at the end of the season :cool: Nice to begin on one of the bandwagon's this season. I think I missed them all last year.

Yeah, that 3-5-2 is probably a bit too much in reflection.. That defence :tongue: Sticking to three is probably for the best. I'm on Ramsey, Fabregas and Silva atm but any selection could end up best. Marginal stuff imo.
Why haven't you put me in the group little wizard ffs.

Quick Reply

Latest