The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5520
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
No but seriously guys. What do you think Arsene's mind set is? Does he genuinely know about our striker problems and is just being stubborn? I don't get it, I can't work it out. I don't see what he's trying to do at all.

We have a team capable of winning the league even if giroud is the main guy

Our main problems lie within our poor tactics and mistakes in the away games and also an Arteta replacement which is needed more urgently reall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5521
Original post by sevchenko
Usual suspects talking absolute nonsense once again

Quite depressing actually

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

Our main problems lie within our poor tactics and mistakes in the away games and also an Arteta replacement which is needed more urgently reall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our squad is looking thin again..I don't necessarily agree.
And how confident are you that we can get an Arteta replacement?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5523
Our squad is looking thin again..I don't necessarily agree.
And how confident are you that we can get an Arteta replacement?

Gee sorry.

Our team was far from thin yesterday but it didn't stop a thrashing hence no amount of signings will fix existing problems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Das right.

All is forgiven hun, we buds again :tongue:

Woot woot. Huzzah.

You still need to practice your gif game though :biggrin:

Original post by Tom_Ford
Mandzukic could have been ours man. He is exactly the type of brutish forward we needed. Such a prick, but if he is on your side, such a loveable prick. You can tell he is the type of guy that would have stared Roy Keane right in the eyes and mouthed some vulgar Balkan slur at him.

Could he though? Atletico were pretty set on him. If he had have come to us, imagine him vs Joey Barton. Bloodbath.

No but seriously guys. What do you think Arsene's mind set is? Does he genuinely know about our striker problems and is just being stubborn? I don't get it, I can't work it out. I don't see what he's trying to do at all.

He knows about the problems, probably more than any fan. I think he has a few deals in the pipeline, probably some already completed, but I think so much depends on the Besiktas game, as the type of high profile striker we are crying out for is going to want Champions League appearances.

Also, there is the basic problem that there just aren't enough good strikers openly on the market.

Usual suspects talking absolute nonsense once again

Cheers for enlightening us. Care to chip in, or just going to make passive aggressive generalized comments?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5525
It's times like these I miss baconbutty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arkasia
Woot woot. Huzzah.

You still need to practice your gif game though.
He knows about the problems, probably more than any fan. I think he has a few deals in the pipeline, probably some already completed, but I think so much depends on the Besiktas game, as the type of high profile striker we are crying out for is going to want Champions League appearances.

Also, there is the basic problem that there just aren't enough good strikers openly on the market.

I'll pay you for some gif lessons then :tongue:

D'you reckon? I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I do not want to be bitterly disappointed cause it'll hit me hard this time. Jim did say this:

https://vine.co/v/MYrDF9eg3MJ

Ignoring it though.
Original post by AR_95
It's times like these I miss baconbutty

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear he isn't gone?

I'll pay you for some gif lessons then :tongue:

D'you reckon? I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I do not want to be bitterly disappointed cause it'll hit me hard this time. Jim did say this:

https://vine.co/v/MYrDF9eg3MJ

Ignoring it though.

Yeah, as much as we fans like to talk (I am especially guilty), managers can't just easily sign top players.

Ignore anything to do with SkyBet, rumours like this are spread just so that they make more money.
Original post by AR_95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you high?!!

A team with Arteta as our holder and Giroud as our main goal scorer will not win the league. Giroud is good enough for a 2nd choice, Arteta is good enough for Recreativo if he's lucky.

A big scary DM is only really needed for games against the teams around us and away in Europe. Having someone like that against smaller more defensive teams would be overkill. Goals win games, DMs stop them from being lost. Had we had a better ST last season, losing in the big games wouldn't have been as detrimental because we would pick up points against Swansea, Villa and Stoke. If anything, ****ing up in those matches cost us.

This isn't like last season anymore, that was the chance and it went. Teams haven't stood still, the goalposts have moved and if we don't get a ST and DM, we would have taken one step forward, and several back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia

Yeah, as much as we fans like to talk (I am especially guilty), managers can't just easily sign top players.

Ignore anything to do with SkyBet, rumours like this are spread just so that they make more money.

That should be illegal though. Seriously. People can't just come out with lies to generate cash.
That should be illegal though. Seriously. People can't just come out with lies to generate cash.

They aren't lies though, they are predictions. Pundits come out with predictions on Sky, SkyBet offer odds on 'Arsenal to buy X big player', people bet on those odds because pundits are saying it, and those predictions never come true. Easy money for betting companies.
Reply 5531
Original post by Peggles_*
Are you high?!!

A team with Arteta as our holder and Giroud as our main goal scorer will not win the league. Giroud is good enough for a 2nd choice, Arteta is good enough for Recreativo if he's lucky.

A big scary DM is only really needed for games against the teams around us and away in Europe. Having someone like that against smaller more defensive teams would be overkill. Goals win games, DMs stop them from being lost. Had we had a better ST last season, losing in the big games wouldn't have been as detrimental because we would pick up points against Swansea, Villa and Stoke. If anything, ****ing up in those matches cost us.

This isn't like last season anymore, that was the chance and it went. Teams haven't stood still, the goalposts have moved and if we don't get a ST and DM, we would have taken one step forward, and several back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I clearly said an Arteta replacement was urgent. If you watched our game yesterday the thrashing had nothing to do with the lack of holding MF or world class striker. We conceded two silly sillly goals and the 3 culprits were ozil Merte and Chambers, not Giroud

The sooner people accept that it's the whole team playing **** the better

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I clearly said an Arteta replacement was urgent. If you watched our game yesterday the thrashing had nothing to do with the lack of holding MF or world class striker. We conceded two silly sillly goals and the 3 culprits were ozil Merte and Chambers, not Giroud

The sooner people accept that it's the whole team playing **** the better

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could be argued that we could have won that game though. When Giroud came on, he had 5 chances, converting 1. If we had a more clinical ST in that position, we could have nicked 3 points.

The whole team is playing **** yes, but the whole team is incredibly unbalanced because those players in the positions stated are not up to standard.

That is why we are now having the issue with Jack. His job should just be to attack, but because our DM, whether that be Arteta or Flamini are not dominant enough to allow that, JW is having to do two jobs and getting caught out and getting stick for doing a job he shouldn't be having to do.

As for Ozil on the wing....I will never understand that decision!

The point still remains that in order for this team to win the league we need considerable upgrades on Mikel on Oli. Saying that the likelihood of that is very small sadly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Matt Law saying we will go back in for Carvalho and that Manolas is edging closer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Arkasia
Cheers for enlightening us. Care to chip in, or just going to make passive aggressive generalized comments?

Don't get me wrong there some decent posts recently but I'll chip in when there some actual logical discussion going on. Have you found any more players on Fifa Arsenal should sign?
Don't get me wrong there some decent posts recently but I'll chip in when there some actual logical discussion going on. Have you found any more players on Fifa Arsenal should sign?

If there isn't a logical discussion, you can start one, you know.

Mate if I was relying on Fifa I would be saying 'Buy Zlatan, Heskey, Ibarbo' etc.
Original post by Peggles_*
Matt Law saying we will go back in for Carvalho and that Manolas is edging closer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well now Khedira has basically guaranteed he is staying, of course people will be saying we are going for Carvalho.

Also, Manolas was left out of the Olympiakos squad in their most recent game. Looks very promising.
Podolski certainly on his way out with Juventus, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen interested. Juventus are holding talks with him already (Di Marzio & Guardian both reported it). They want a season-long loan but we are pushing for a permanent sale. If we can get the reported £10m for him whilst freeing up £107,000 in wages its good. Podolski will not be a starter for us and its a sign that we may be re-investing the funds...
some clueless pricks, from buckinghamshire, write off Jack Wilshere...

so my first match, as a proper North London man, was back when paul merson was on it.

the magic man got hells abuse, we stuck with him

jack will make it
(edited 9 years ago)
jw was only good vs barca

Latest