The Student Room Group

Pick a hair colour: brown/ombre OR light brown?

The first 4 show dark brown/ombre hair and are the same.. the last picture is a light brown, which do you like better? I really can't decide which to do.
Reply 1
None, colour will ruin your hair.
Personally I have auburn going to blonde ombre so I'd be more inclined to go with dark brown to blonde which is the more dramatic of the two. However the first 4 photos don't fade into the blonde that well. It looks far better when it fades gradually IMO! If you're doing it at home I'd say go with the lighter brown first while you get the hang of ombre-ing it. Then if you get the solid line, dip-dye thing happening it won't be so obvious!
I'd go for a balayage hairstyle colour - as it's not so harsh as an ombré. I had it done and it's a lot more subtle and grows out nicely and not in one thick ombré line.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Quiet _One86
I'd go for a balayage hairstyle colour - as it's not so harsh as an ombré. I had it done and it's a lot more subtle and grows out nicely and not in one thick ombré line.

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh wow that colour is amazing, I'm definitely going to consider those now. Thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by feathered-soul
Personally I have auburn going to blonde ombre so I'd be more inclined to go with dark brown to blonde which is the more dramatic of the two. However the first 4 photos don't fade into the blonde that well. It looks far better when it fades gradually IMO! If you're doing it at home I'd say go with the lighter brown first while you get the hang of ombre-ing it. Then if you get the solid line, dip-dye thing happening it won't be so obvious!

yeah I agree, it is a bit dramatic, I just love the ombre colour! I'll be getting it a done at the salon, as I'd just mess it up if I was doing it myself. :smile:
Original post by Magenta96
oh wow that colour is amazing, I'm definitely going to consider those now. Thank you!

You're very welcome. It's less damaging I feel as it often doesn't use bleach to lift unless your hair is really dark. I had a carmel blonde added to my dark blonde hair - and a cut which showed the colour off. It's a technique which is brushed on sporadically in sections similar to highlighting :smile: I look forward to seeing your pictures of it.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/08/2f/ce/082fce0b18d9be946c29fa7c5b6a7d33.jpg this pic is the one Of my style and colour inspiration of what I had done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
You're very welcome. It's less damaging I feel as it often doesn't use bleach to lift unless your hair is really dark. I had a carmel blonde added to my dark blonde hair - and a cut which showed the colour off. It's a technique which is brushed on sporadically in sections similar to highlighting :smile: I look forward to seeing your pictures of it.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/08/2f/ce/082fce0b18d9be946c29fa7c5b6a7d33.jpg this pic is the one Of my style and colour inspiration of what I had done :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sure! It's very subtle/natural looking too. I've pretty much gone off all the other pictures I posted and am going for the one in the pictures you posted. Unfortunately, I have dark hair so I'm unsure if they can do it in one day or if I'll have to make a few appointments, I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. :smile:
Reply 8
any of them except the 3rd one which doesnt look very natural, the 4th one looks the nicest
yeah sure! It's very subtle/natural looking too. I've pretty much gone off all the other pictures I posted and am going for the one in the pictures you posted. Unfortunately, I have dark hair so I'm unsure if they can do it in one day or if I'll have to make a few appointments, I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. :smile:

Go for something like that:

http://thevillagesalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BalayageDark-200x300.jpg is nice :smile:
not so sure of:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Go for something like that:

http://thevillagesalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BalayageDark-200x300.jpg
is nice :smile:
not so sure of:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah yes I like the first one in that link you just posted out of the two. I found this one yesterday too, which I think is really pretty:

Other.jpg

Compared to:

Balayage.jpg

Really hard deciding which one out of those now haha. I think that first pic has some highlights in and would require quite a LOT of appointments. (first time dyeing you see!). My hair is really long (bit longer than the balayage girl's hair) so mine might look a little different.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think the dark brown looks better.
The first 4 show dark brown/ombre hair and are the same.. the last picture is a light brown, which do you like better? I really can't decide which to do.

I like the last one. All the zoella ones are a bit dated now imo. I think ombre still looks nice but only if it's really really subtle, I don't like the dark brown hair with blonde tips look.
Who remembers the fashion of dyeing the under hair blonde and having darker colour on top or versa versa. That was not so good and similar to the Zoe ombré :wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 14
Light brown, it looks more natural. Maybe some lighter highlights here and there but nothing more.

f you choose ombré then don't make the color difference too large. Just a slightly lighter shade. That can look pretty too.
Reply 15
Hair style which is given here and even looking very cool too and such hair styles are very attractive and giving an featured look.

Quick Reply

Latest