The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Podolski isnt a starter, but he's an alternative direct option on the wing for me. We are trying to build a squad here ffs. He's a good option to have esp when we're trailing games. Tired of seeing Cazorla / ozil on the left wing. Too tippy tappy for that position especially the latter.
Original post by TheEssence
Podolski isnt a starter, but he's an alternative direct option on the wing for me. We are trying to build a squad here ffs. He's a good option to have esp when we're trailing games. Tired of seeing Cazorla / ozil on the left wing. Too tippy tappy for that position especially the latter.

I fully agree with this. He's a a very good sub to have - direct and a threat from range.

Posted from TSR Mobile
is luk.mckeown banned?
went through a few pages of looking for
does he watch ;foofball?

i reckon hes the most aggressive man on this forum
sturridge has a better left foot than podolski
still reckon arsenal will do yeah

arsenal will do **** yeah
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5543
Original post by Zürich
is luk.mckeown banned?
does he watch ;foofball?

Changed name..

Mans now known simply as "Lucio"

I agree also what I like about Podolski is that he's an amazing finisher. If only he was strong or fast he'd solve our striker problems.
anyone got a gif of that atrocious defending from monreal from the everton game against i think it was ****ing coleman. it was so bad.
Reply 5546
Original post by Peggles_*
It could be argued that we could have won that game though. When Giroud came on, he had 5 chances, converting 1. If we had a more clinical ST in that position, we could have nicked 3 points.

The whole team is playing **** yes, but the whole team is incredibly unbalanced because those players in the positions stated are not up to standard.

That is why we are now having the issue with Jack. His job should just be to attack, but because our DM, whether that be Arteta or Flamini are not dominant enough to allow that, JW is having to do two jobs and getting caught out and getting stick for doing a job he shouldn't be having to do.

As for Ozil on the wing....I will never understand that decision!

The point still remains that in order for this team to win the league we need considerable upgrades on Mikel on Oli. Saying that the likelihood of that is very small sadly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just you've quoted me 100 times saying we need an upgrade on these positions and I've responded 100 times saying yes I agree :lol:

It's more so that Wenger needs to get the tactics right and stop playing so many play makers on the wing we'd probably of been more potent going forward. I don't know what Wenger tells the back line but there is no reason to push up so high especially when they had the likes of Lukaku but it's the same mistakes we make every big game away. It could also be argued had Merte and Chambers not made that mistake pushing up so high (which wasn't Flamini's fault but the goal shouldn't have been allowed anyway) then we would have won the game 2-1 regardless of all the chances Giroud missed.

Ozil has been piss poor and I know he's probably not match fit but I don't know why he thinks he should be released of all defensive duties. Easily could have tracked his player instead he stood there watching.

Wenger said he wasn't going to be buying a striker like last month anyway so I wasn't hoping for one. I'm still expecting a holding midfielder none the less
Reply 5547
Original post by Arkasia
If there isn't a logical discussion, you can start one, you know.

Mate if I was relying on Fifa I would be saying 'Buy Zlatan, Heskey, Ibarbo' etc.

Well you did suggest 40m + Giroud for Zlatan..
Reply 5548

I'd much prefer we sold Cazorla instead of Podolski. In terms of ability Cazorla is the better player but we already have Rosicky and Ozil for his role (and Sanchez if he is to play in the center) Podolski offers us a different option unlike Cazorla
Original post by Zürich
is luk.mckeown banned?
does he watch ;foofball?

Lúcio does not approve of this post.
Original post by Lúcio
Lúcio does not approve of this post.

youve said more than 300 luke posts

no bird, no shag tho
Original post by Zürich
youve said more than 300 luke posts

no bird, no shag tho

Does anybody else understand this or should we just assume Zurich is off his head as usual?
Original post by Lúcio
Does anybody else understand this or should we just assume Zurich is off his head as usual?

i reckon between sobriety ive been to highbury more than 9youve shagged, and definitely less than i have

work that one out
Zurich has gone on a bender recently.

Although he's got a point. Not going to par.
do me a favour, someone

419 was just here?

if im going mad then ill go back to my wenger/tapes
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
awww jam white-knighting zurich, how cute <3

come on man, you'll make me cry :frown:
i'm sure sr90 wouldn't approve of this, jam pls

think i'll put you back on ignore until you improve your posting quality...

take this as a perma restraining order from speaking to me on TSR since i doubt that'll happen
Reply 5556
Reply 5557
Just to interrupt your thrilling debate, Ancelotti stating Khedeira isn't available does not mean too much. With a week left of the transfer window, he's probably looking to drive the price up. Pretty sure he stated something similar quite a while back with regard to Di Maria and now he's getting over €60m.
Reply 5558
Original post by Ilz300
Just to interrupt your thrilling debate, Ancelotti stating Khedeira isn't available does not mean too much. With a week left of the transfer window, he's probably looking to drive the price up. Pretty sure he stated something similar quite a while back with regard to Di Maria and now he's getting over €60m.

With Di Maria there were reports of him leaving the club through out the season I don't recall it being shut down by Ancelotti. Khedira however most likely won't happen but only time will tell
Original post by Ilz300

He probably is driving the price up. Anyway Illarramendi is going to love this as Khedira won't play if he doesn't sign the contract.

I reckon Khedira is Bayern bound in a years time.

Original post by AR_95
With Di Maria there were reports of him leaving the club through out the season I don't recall it being shut down by Ancelotti. Khedira however most likely won't happen but only time will tell

Ancelotti said ADM was not for sale. Perez said they weren't going to buy a galactico too and they payed 62M for Rodriguez.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest