The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scott129
I'd be seriously worried if I were a Fulham fan right now. Not at the races at all today and now bottom.

"Sacked in the morning" got a good run-out! :tongue:

41 Joronen
02 Hoogland (Voser - 67' )
32 Kavanagh
39 Williams
06 Bodurov
38 Burgess
14 Roberts (Eisfeld - 80' )
08 Parker
44 McCormack
16 Woodrow
03 Stafylidis (Kacaniklic - 60' )

Substitutes
04 Hutchinson
07 Eisfeld
11 Kacaniklic
15 Voser
25 Dembele
28 Hyndman
40 Bettinelli

Who even are these people? Has everyone from last season left? There's about 3/4 names on that teamsheet who i've heard of before. Norwich and Cardiff have largely kept their squads together from last season, whereas Fulham seem to be playing a team of kids/foreigners with no experience of English football. Doubt Magath will stay there for much longer.
Wolves are becoming dangerously promising... Stahhhp
Reply 1522
Top of table and looking promising so far :smile: Forest look dangerous!
Check out the top of the table last year at this stage, only QPR were in the top six then and still were come the end of the season. Ten games in will be the first opportunity to tell where teams might end up.
Original post by CraigWM
Check out the top of the table last year at this stage, only QPR were in the top six then and still were come the end of the season. Ten games in will be the first opportunity to tell where teams might end up.

Exactly, it means nothing at the moment. Way too much attention is paid to August league tables.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xsophx

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:
Long season for Fulham fans it seems...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28915869

''Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino said he was poised to sack head coach Dave Hockaday after Saturday's defeat at Watford but changed his mind''

I honestly feel sorry for their fans.
Original post by sr90

''Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino said he was poised to sack head coach Dave Hockaday after Saturday's defeat at Watford but changed his mind''

The one on here said at the time he'd rather have him than go into administration. Seems a muchness of a muchness to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

I put a lot on him to hire Malky Mackay as the next manager,
Barnet won 4-0 today. Looking a good start, apart from the Lincoln game where the opposition manager used jelly beans to explain his tactics to the players.
Original post by sr90
41 Joronen
02 Hoogland (Voser - 67' )
32 Kavanagh
39 Williams
06 Bodurov
38 Burgess
14 Roberts (Eisfeld - 80' )
08 Parker
44 McCormack
16 Woodrow
03 Stafylidis (Kacaniklic - 60' )

Substitutes
04 Hutchinson
07 Eisfeld
11 Kacaniklic
15 Voser
25 Dembele
28 Hyndman
40 Bettinelli

Who even are these people? Has everyone from last season left? There's about 3/4 names on that teamsheet who i've heard of before. Norwich and Cardiff have largely kept their squads together from last season, whereas Fulham seem to be playing a team of kids/foreigners with no experience of English football. Doubt Magath will stay there for much longer.

I'm sure I heard that there were about 15 departures this summer and they've basically replaced them all with youngsters from their youth academy. Fair play for doing that but it's obviously way too much too soon. They just weren't good enough on Saturday.

I have heard of a couple of them though. Definitely some future talent there.

By the way, I wrote a match report about the game too, if anyone wants to have a read :smile:

http://www.thematch.co.uk/thematch-report-derby-county-5-1-fulham/
At least Fulham are set financially. Doubt the youngsters are on much, they will survive this year easily. Way too many clubs coming down from PL spend all the parachute money getting back up at the first opportunity.
Original post by CraigWM
At least Fulham are set financially. Doubt the youngsters are on much, they will survive this year easily. Way too many clubs coming down from PL spend all the parachute money getting back up at the first opportunity.

They spent most of this year's instalment on an overweight striker being played as a winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
They spent most of this year's instalment on an overweight striker being played as a winger.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually completely forgot about that, shows how much he's done...
Original post by CraigWM
Actually completely forgot about that, shows how much he's done...

I wouldn't worry if I were them. Another 3 years of Scudamore payments to the tune of £48m will still go their way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really hope we beat them tonight. It's been way too long since we played Fulham competitively.
How's Freedman still in a job?
Original post by xsophx

Yes, really think this will be Forests year. Hoping Norwich can follow them (and they look strong to), Leicester stay up, then I get two PL local games next year.
Much as I don't like MK Dons, this is hilarious. 4-0 up against Man Utd now.

Quick Reply

Latest