The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by addylad
Willing to throw Moreno and Manquillo in there though?

Besides the point really, Flanagan and Enrique are injured so Moreno has to start (and he has some experience anyway) and Johnson is **** so **** his experience, although it seems he'll be starting anyway.

It's different with Allen/Can because Allen isn't actually a bad player like Johnson (despite what some people think). I don't think there is much difference right now between Can and Allen. Can looked better in pre-season but he was quiet against the better teams we came up against.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd rather see Can start ahead of Allen. I can see Allen come on and have an impact later on in the game if we're losing/drawing just like against the saints.

But yeah, it's puzzling as to why Johnson is still at the club. Manquillo has played well from what we have seen of him and he'll likely succeed Johnson in the not so distant future.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wonder who will get penalty duties. Balo will probably sulk if he can't take them.
Original post by Fizzel
I wonder who will get penalty duties. Balo will probably sulk if he can't take them.

I think it's pretty obvious he will know Gerrard takes all pens.
Original post by Fizzel

gerrard easy
balo will probz be second i would imagine - we don't really have amazing penalty takers in general

gerrard and lambert are obviously exceptional but apart from that, i'm not sure.
http://instagram.com/mb459

Balotelli instagram page - couple of pics of him at melwood

5pm announcement.
Rodgers probably wants to ease Manquillo in rather than chuck him straight into the deep end. He will eventually replace Johnson in the starting line up but I don't think the Man City game is the time for that now. Hopefully Manquillo will come on for Johnson later in the game.
So Balotelli is confirmed
As much as I dislike you guys having more striking options, and possibly one who is going to turn out to be a really good buy, glad Balotelli is back in the league.
Original post by Fizzel

Original post by Lúcio
gerrard easy
balo will probz be second i would imagine - we don't really have amazing penalty takers in general

gerrard and lambert are obviously exceptional but apart from that, i'm not sure.

Original post by So Instinct
I think it's pretty obvious he will know Gerrard takes all pens.

Don't Balotelli and Lambert both have better records than Gerrard?
Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't Balotelli and Lambert both have better records than Gerrard?

Lambert does yeah. Don't know about Balo, just know he's supposed to be really good too. They would have both taken considerably less penalties in the PL though, so the more you take the more you'll miss.
(edited 9 years ago)
Balo will wear number 45 then, as expected.

Guess maybe a back-up keeper if we can get one will be our incomings this window, or it could be the end of it. Hopefully we can sell some of our deadwoods.
If Johnson goes I kinda want De Sciglio. I think we could still use a DM though I have no idea who - Mateo Kovačić I wish.
Reply 695
Original post by So Instinct
Lambert does yeah. Don't know about Balo, just know he's supposed to be really good too. They would have both taken considerably less penalties in the PL though, so the more you take the more you'll miss.

Balotelli has only missed one penalty in his career I think. That was against Napoli last season, saved by Reina
Original post by Stirlo
Balotelli has only missed one penalty in his career I think. That was against Napoli last season, saved by Reina

He missed another one after that

But only two misses is still great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel

You really think that the equally self obsessed Stevie Me is going to let anyone else take a penalty? It's the only way he'll score a goal this season.
Balotelliiii
Original post by sr90
You really think that the equally self obsessed Stevie Me is going to let anyone else take a penalty? It's the only way he'll score a goal this season.

I expect you'll be padding his stats again this year then.

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest