The Student Room Group

Do you have to take the LNAT before you send your application off?

I'm not too sure whether I want to do Law or History and then do a conversion to law. Some of the universities I'm looking at, like King's and Bristol require the LNAT. I don't want a situation where I fail the LNAT and then miss out on offers :/ I was wondering whether you have to do the LNAT before you send your application? And if so, could I take the LNAT and if I score badly, then apply for History rather than law? I've done a LNAT practice paper but I need to mark it yet.
Original post by Lollipop:D
I'm not too sure whether I want to do Law or History and then do a conversion to law. Some of the universities I'm looking at, like King's and Bristol require the LNAT. I don't want a situation where I fail the LNAT and then miss out on offers :/ I was wondering whether you have to do the LNAT before you send your application? And if so, could I take the LNAT and if I score badly, then apply for History rather than law? I've done a LNAT practice paper but I need to mark it yet.

Nope. The way the LNAT works is you take it between September and January but don't find out your score until February. The only universities who will see your LNAT score will be the universities that require the LNAT and it doesn't matter whether you take the test before or after sending your application off (so long as it is before January 15th I think).

My advice would be to apply to either two or three LNAT universities, then you still have two choices which won't be affected if you don't do very well on it. However you really need to think about which degree you would rather spend 3 years doing in the first place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending