The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CalvinP1
Cheers for the reply, I know someone at blackrock who is going to refer me so ill see what happens with that. Do you know if all the insight weeks/summer internships ask for specific grades like this one? Reading through the threads here people are saying it's only some as most just ask for predicted 2:1.

I don't actually think you need a first year grade on your CV. People all over the forum have been saying that they just have '2.i predicted' written on theirs and they've gotten offers.
I would just avoid putting it down, if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
I don't actually think you need a first year grade on your CV. People all over the forum have been saying that they just have '2.i predicted' written on theirs and they've gotten offers.
I would just avoid putting it down, if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you've done a first year at university and don't put a grade for it on your CV, people are going to ask questions. By all means omit it if you want, but don't expect not to be scrutinised for it.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
If you've done a first year at university and don't put a grade for it on your CV, people are going to ask questions. By all means omit it if you want, but don't expect not to be scrutinised for it.

Is this just you presuming, or have you has interviews with a CV without first year grades?
Sure some people will ask but I do wonder how common it actually is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

Original post by Aenigma
Is this just you presuming, or have you has interviews with a CV without first year grades?
Sure some people will ask but I do wonder how common it actually is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CalvinP1
Cheers for the reply, I know someone at blackrock who is going to refer me so ill see what happens with that. Do you know if all the insight weeks/summer internships ask for specific grades like this one? Reading through the threads here people are saying it's only some as most just ask for predicted 2:1.

A lot of my friends (with 2.iis in first year) just don't put it on their CV. Most have gone unquestioned, but that may be because our first year is technically uncertified (just fail, pass, or distinction). That said, not sure how many interviewers would know that?

I would just put 2.i predicted. If your CV is full and grades don't take up much space people might not even notice
Just a heads up if you didn't know already UBS is open for application.
Reply 325
Original post by John Maddon

Actually its not opened yet.
Reply 326

Original post by Szmessh

All I get is a message about how my cookies are disabled (which they're not :lol:)
Original post by Szmessh

Original post by CD315
All I get is a message about how my cookies are disabled (which they're not :lol:)

I had that message too. I had to search for it manually.

https://jobs.ubs.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?SID=%5eu51HDBUp0IZUEvb0v_slp_rhc_7YWvoZkW5ChbaxF_slp_rhc_KKIbO3LprYkgjFTJxwLNI6JImtgzsU&jobId=112121&type=search&JobReqLang=1&recordstart=1&JobSiteId=5097&JobSiteInfo=112121_5097&GQId=1035
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD315
Still getting the same message man.

If you are not using Google Chrome download it and try copy paste the link as that is what I'm using.
Reply 330
If you are not using Google Chrome download it and try copy paste the link as that is what I'm using.

Still nothing. Damn
Original post by CD315
Still nothing. Damn

urgh really sorry about that. Give it a few days maybe they have technical issues with the site or something.

Wait and see whether other people in this thread can access it?
Reply 332
urgh really sorry about that. Give it a few days maybe they have technical issues with the site or something.

Wait and see whether other people in this thread can access it?

Same with the cookies
Okay guys, I've not really looked at this thread and I've seen the activity has picked up quite a bit, so would someone be very kind and fill me in on which places are now open to apply to? I wasn't all that prepared for them to open so early, just means that this next month will be a very busy one for me!

Should also be going to the bright network event too, so many see some of you there? :biggrin:
Reply 334
Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay guys, I've not really looked at this thread and I've seen the activity has picked up quite a bit, so would someone be very kind and fill me in on which places are now open to apply to? I wasn't all that prepared for them to open so early, just means that this next month will be a very busy one for me!

Should also be going to the bright network event too, so many see some of you there? :biggrin:

BlackRock, RBS, CS and GS so far. UBS apparently as well although most of us can't seem to access the application.
Original post by CD315
BlackRock, RBS, CS and GS so far. UBS apparently as well although most of us can't seem to access the application.

Thanks for this! :smile:
Original post by CD315

Don't suppose you could point me to a link for BlackRock? I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to find it and have failed miserably :redface:

Edit: Found it now.
(edited 9 years ago)
Guys, how would my chances be if i apply in first year from southampton economcs and finance for the spring week. I know this isn't a target/ semi but if i join the finance society, with previous work experience at HSBC and JP Morgan Bournemouth, how likely would i be to even get an interview at 3rd tier front offices if i also applied fairly early?

edit: oh with ABB at a level.

edit 2: if i get a big 4 spring week would i have a greater chance at landing a summer internship at an ibd?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CD315
Is anyone going to the BrightNetwork festival this year? Tuesday 16th September. Not sure whether or not it's worth flying over from NI for, although I do love an excuse for a trip to London..

I'll be but not the morning session; my friend, who's also interested in IB, said that it seems pretty similar anyway?!
Reply 339
Original post by yl95
I'll be but not the morning session; my friend, who's also interested in IB, said that it seems pretty similar anyway?!

No, I think the morning is more exclusive and more structured so much better networking possibilities. I'm not going anyway :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending