The Student Room Group

Nose job on the NHS?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Don't you think this is one of the first things you should have mentioned? :curious:

But it's mild so I don't think they'd take it into account much and it's mainly the cosmetic reason I want it.
Original post by Anonymous
But it's mild so I don't think they'd take it into account much and it's mainly the cosmetic reason I want it.

Then you should probably start saving up.
Original post by vee_wuvshugs
Then you should probably start saving up.

Thanks for the very helpful comment, that's really helped me :indiff:
I doubt the NHS will do it unless you have breathing difficulties. I have no idea how various women get boob jobs on the NHS, I to the doctor when I was 17 because I hated the way I looked and was depressed about having small boobs and I was literally told I was normal and that in a few years I'd have much worse things to worry about (nice!).

Are you male or female? If you're a girl look up contouring makeup, it can make a massive difference :smile:

If you still want a nose job in a few years they're not THAT expensive, cheaper than a new car. I'm sure you'll be able to save to afford one.
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I doubt the NHS will do it unless you have breathing difficulties. I have no idea how various women get boob jobs on the NHS, I to the doctor when I was 17 because I hated the way I looked and was depressed about having small boobs and I was literally told I was normal and that in a few years I'd have much worse things to worry about (nice!).

Are you male or female? If you're a girl look up contouring makeup, it can make a massive difference :smile:

If you still want a nose job in a few years they're not THAT expensive, cheaper than a new car. I'm sure you'll be able to save to afford one.

Thank you. That's a horrible response.

Contouring helps but it doesn't completely change it. Here's a pic for people who asked

http://i.imgur.com/Y9PixbV.jpg

It's hideous.
Thank you. That's a horrible response.

Contouring helps but it doesn't completely change it. Here's a pic for people who asked

http://i.imgur.com/Y9PixbV.jpg

It's hideous.

Oh hey nose twin, mine is almost identical. It's not that bad!
Reply 26
An ex girlfriend of mine had a horrid hooked nose (before she met me) and took out a loan to sort it out privately. By the time we met she had the cutest, most dainty little nose I'd ever seen.

Really?! I've never seen anyone with a nose like mine...it doesn't suit my face
Original post by Caedus
An ex girlfriend of mine had a horrid hooked nose (before she met me) and took out a loan to sort it out privately. By the time we met she had the cutest, most dainty little nose I'd ever seen.

Can you get loans as a student? Because if I can I will
I'm sorry but the NHS isn't there to perfect looks. Isn't that what everyone thinks? 'I like my face other than my nose/mouth/eyes/etc'. Nobody thinks they are perfect, it's something you have to get over and deal with. Or pay for yourself. But when there's so much cuts going on and people aren't able to buy food because of benefit cuts I really (hopefully) doubt you'd get it. Sorry. :frown:
Reply 29
not sure if this will help, but i was in simiar situation, too may years of kickboxing left be nose extremely wonky.

only yesterday i paid for a non surgical nose job. It cost 350 pounds and lasts for 2 years. it is basically a special type of filler that the surgeon adds to the nose which changes the shape of it.

The results are amazing.

There is no way to get one for cosmetic reasons on nhs, i know, i tried.

Although this solutions isnt permanent it is a hell of a lot cheaper and even 20 years of doing this would still only match the price of a surgical rhinoplasty.

And it only takes around 10 minutes to complete and is painless.

hope this helps
Reply 30
Really?! I've never seen anyone with a nose like mine...it doesn't suit my face

Can you get loans as a student? Because if I can I will

I think she had dropped out of college by this point and was working full time. I suppose you could get a bank loan if you're working part-time, or get it under your parents name. I don't think nose jobs are too expensive - 3-4 grand at most, I think.
Original post by Caedus
I think she had dropped out of college by this point and was working full time. I suppose you could get a bank loan if you're working part-time, or get it under your parents name. I don't think nose jobs are too expensive - 3-4 grand at most, I think.

Thanks. My parents won't do it, they've said if I want it it's my thing to work out. Which is fair.
Not to be rude but ofc not, you should pay for it.

Unless it is medically threating, then you should definitely pay for it..

If you have to pay for a dyslexia test then nose job should be way behind the pecking order amongst most things.

Also how do u contour it? I do contour but I don't think it makes THAT much difference. As you have a similar nose maybe you know?
Reply 34
My nose has been bent since my early teens, I was bullied about it in those years, but funnily enough its either unknowingly straightened or I've grown into it because no one bats an eye lid now...
Your wonky nose is what makes you an individual. Be proud of it because it makes you unique, it makes you who you are - if you change it then you are losing your integrity and individuality.

Listen to everyone on here. Everybody is accepting you for who you are and for your wonky nose, you need to learn to accept it yourself. There is no shame in having a few bodily imperfections and there is no shame in feeling bad about it. But don't resort to plastic surgery, just learn to live with it and ignore it like everybody else does. Nobody is perfect and the world would be a boring place if it was.

My nose looks like it's broken and I often get people asking if I have broken it but I wouldn't ever change it.
Your nose is fine! Try talking to people about it to see if you can lift your confidence before paying out for surgery.

If I was in the NHS and you came to me with that problem, I'd take one look at you and send you to a counsellor.
Original post by CookieInOrange
Your nose is fine! Try talking to people about it to see if you can lift your confidence before paying out for surgery.

If I was in the NHS and you came to me with that problem, I'd take one look at you and send you to a counsellor.

Hmmm. My boyfriend says this, he thinks I see things that aren't there. Every time a photo is taken of me I will spend ages pulling it apart and focusing on my nose.

II don't think my confidence can be lifted because I like everything except my damn nose. I really feel it's ruining my life
You should pay for it, you wanting a nose job is purely down to cosmetic reasons and the NHS isn't there for that
Original post by MidnightDream
You should pay for it, you wanting a nose job is purely down to cosmetic reasons and the NHS isn't there for that

Severe anxiety and psychological stress isn't purely cosmetic.

Quick Reply