The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngelPhys
Freaking hell, so you don't watch Naruto? You know what it is?

It's anime, right?
Original post by Autistic Merit
It's anime, right?

Yeh, it's EPICCCCCCCC. Did you just search that up, lol?
Original post by 2en1
Oh I see someone's asked you that question already! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, jew mad?
Original post by 2en1
Do you like being a maths teacher? Isn't it boring?

Posted from TSR Mobile

See previous page. :smile:

Original post by basham97
Did you ever tell the story of a student that died by rocking on his chair?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No! Does anyone actually believe that to be true?

Original post by pinejuice
how do you handle bullies?

Make sure it is reported on the school system in detail. Contact parents. Give detention.
Yeh, it's EPICCCCCCCC. Did you just search that up, lol?

No, I've heard of it before. It's been around for a while like Dragonball Z or whatever it was called.
No, I've heard of it before. It's been around for a while like Dragonball Z or whatever it was called.

Yee, have you watched it before, though? Lol. It's freaking awesssommme, lol. Especially my avatar (Picture of Obito Uchiha), lol.
Yee, have you watched it before, though? Lol. It's freaking awesssommme, lol. Especially my avatar (Picture of Obito Uchiha), lol.

I may watch it if and when I have the time to do so.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a primary education degree a 4 year degree anyway? I've not known of a way of getting QTS without spending 4 years studying.

I'd recommend doing a degree with a PGCE after it.

Nope there 3 years, http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?Vac=1&AvailableIn=2015&Query=Primary%20education&Page=1&flt9=1
there are some 4 year ones but they are the ones with placement
I may watch it if and when I have the time to do so.

If you do watch, it's going to take a while till you catch up, lol.

You have to watch Naruto, then Naruto Shippuden (Where Naruto grows up and all others and gets targeted by enemies), lol.
Naruto is awesome. Lol.
Reply 509
Are you one of Those depressing teachers that put their students hopes down like my maths teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2en1
Are you one of Those depressing teachers that put their students hopes down like my maths teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lolol, you're funny.
Reply 511
Lolol, you're funny.

Naa serious, he predicted me an E and I achieved a C in AS maths, so glad that I don't have to deal with him next year!
Original post by 2en1
Naa serious, he predicted me an E and I achieved a C in AS maths, so glad that I don't have to deal with him next year!

Lol.
Original post by 0011Abcdefg
Nope there 3 years, http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?Vac=1&AvailableIn=2015&Query=Primary%20education&Page=1&flt9=1
there are some 4 year ones but they are the ones with placement

I think having a placement would be important though so that you get some classroom experience before you start your NQT year. I can't imagine the shock that would come otherwise.

Original post by 2en1

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, of course not! I don't think I've ever done anything other than encourage students to aim to be the best that they can be.
I think having a placement would be important though so that you get some classroom experience before you start your NQT year. I can't imagine the shock that would come otherwise.

No, of course not! I don't think I've ever done anything other than encourage students to aim to be the best that they can be.

Also if someone is not fully passionate about teaching but can't think of anything else as a future career choice would you still advise to go through with teaching degree or?
Reply 515
I got CCE aat my AS this year but should have got BBB... i didn't really do much of my homework. Should i resit the year or resit the bad exams (2) also should i resit 2 of my maths modules? i got C in c1 D in C2 and B in S1. I think i should resit C1 and C2 (ocr mei) because i know i can do much better. What do u think it will take for me to get an overall score of BBB/BBC. I'm retaking 1 from my C and 1 from my E. my A2 exams start 1 month after that. Any advise?
I disagree that you're not that hard to handle.

I mainly teach lower sets (5 out of the 6 classes I teach are low ability sets).

Your view maybe be biased, as you mainly interact with girls that are (probably) not as interested or invested as those in other sets. I find that the behaviour in different sets varies hugely.
What's your advice for someone who isn't sure if they want to be a primary school teacher but (too put it bluntly) can't think of anything else they want to be
also I'm worried if I do do a degree in primary education with qts in uni, that I will be stuck doing that job if I don't like it. I would do the 3 years of a normal degree and then pgce but that's 4 years and uni is expensive enough as it is

my friend's in this situation too and she's doing a course in childhood studies, and after doing that she can easily go into primary education but it's not like the only option after she finishes uni
Would you ever want to teach in a private school?
Also if someone is not fully passionate about teaching but can't think of anything else as a future career choice would you still advise to go through with teaching degree or?

No. I don't think it will end well; you need to be fully committed to teaching to succeed, generally. Half-hearted doesn't tend to go far in teaching.

Original post by YuS97
I got CCE aat my AS this year but should have got BBB... i didn't really do much of my homework. Should i resit the year or resit the bad exams (2) also should i resit 2 of my maths modules? i got C in c1 D in C2 and B in S1. I think i should resit C1 and C2 (ocr mei) because i know i can do much better. What do u think it will take for me to get an overall score of BBB/BBC. I'm retaking 1 from my C and 1 from my E. my A2 exams start 1 month after that. Any advise?

I would definitely resit Core 1 as that just has to be an A to be honest. Be careful, though, as Core 3 and 4 are probably the most difficult modules so you will need to really work hard on your understanding there. Make use of your teachers as much as you can.

Latest