The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stirlo
Huge blessing in disguise from that game. Providing Moreno isn't injured

Completely agree. Flanagan/Manquillo and Moreno for me.
Original post by The.Joker

There was no shame in losing to City at the Etihad today, they took their chances and played well. We on the other hand didn't do much with the possession we had and we didn't take any of our half chances.

If we play like today vs Tottenham on Sunday then they will win easily and it'll be a matter of how many they put past us, it'll be interesting to see how BR sets us up next week and if Lallana/Balotelli/Markovic start.

Agree with all of this. Spurs are genuinely worrying me.
Original post by Samiz

Johnson - hahahaha

Yep. Pretty much.
Get a second striker on the pitch

The space that Suarez created is sorely missed
Reply 924
Original post by Yesss I diddd
The kid was doing a 6-11 shift, and said as much

lol g axcuses axcuses

Balo should hopefully start. Spurs are ****, and battering QPR doesn't make me think otherwise. We'll ave em. Man for man we're better everywhere.

Clearly bull****

Good good, he should be making an appearance any minute then.
Original post by Mackay
Agree with all of this. Spurs are genuinely worrying me.

Pochettino has got them playing well and I'm sure he'll make his squad target our weaknesses and go for the win on Sunday since they'll be aiming for a top 4 spot.

BR really needs to help our defenders improve their communication with each other and get them to be more vigilant during games. Positioning has been such a problem for our defenders, one will either ball watch/doesn't track a run/expose large gaps and it always costs us. Once our defence becomes more steady Mignolet will feel more confident in goal too. We have almost a week till our next game and I'm sure BR will get a response from the players and make them put in a good performance vs Spurs.
Starting XI against Spurs needs to be:

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Manquillo, Gerrard, Henderson, Markovic, Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling.

No Allen.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Starting XI against Spurs needs to be:

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Manquillo, Gerrard, Henderson, Markovic, Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling.

No Allen.

Gerrard in a 2 man midfield :coma:
Reply 930
Original post by manchesterunited15
Clearly bull****

It's true apart from Lloris, and maybe Walker but he's ****, probably not as good as Manquillo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15
Gerrard in a 2 man midfield :coma:

It'll be like Arteta vs Chelsea at the bridge...
Reply 932
This SHOULD be our lineup against Spurs:

Mignolet
Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovren-Moreno
Can
Henderson-Allen
Sterling
Balotelli-Sturridge

MAYBE replace Allen with Coutinho, but I'd personally rather a more secure midfield after tonight.

And MAYBE replace Lovren with Sakho, depending on how comfortable the defence is in training.

And Gerrard will DEFINITELY replace Can, but quite frankly he shouldn't. Very poor today, and we were brilliant without him last season in the corresponding Spurs fixture.
it's a lovely feeling when opposing fans are so desperate to troll you, they do so because you lost to the current champions away at their fortress.

strong wumming guys...
Original post by AR_95
In fairness I had no reason to be on this thread taking the piss with a few others but one of your regulars (who decided to hide) warranted such actions and he had it coming

It's a shame we couldn't be blessed with his almighty presence today

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm here now.
bring it bitch.

jesus, G actually sticking up for me!
probably a good thing i was away tbh - there's no way i would've ignored att dat baiting...
Reply 935
Original post by Samiz
It's true apart from Lloris, and maybe Walker but he's s***, probably not as good as Manquillo.

You can't call Walker **** when you got Johnson playing RB..

(Assuming your a Liverpool fan)
Reply 936
Original post by SHOO
You can't call Walker **** when you got Johnson playing RB..

(Assuming your a Liverpool fan)

I can. I know that Johnson is far worse than Walker, but they're both awful defenders.
Reply 937
Original post by Samiz
I can. I know that Johnson is far worse than Walker, but they're both awful defenders.

Thing about walker is that his pace allows him to catch up to the mistakes he makes

You're right though, they are equally as ****
Reply 938
Original post by SHOO
Thing about walker is that his pace allows him to catch up to the mistakes he makes

You're right though, they are equally as ****

To be fair, Johnson doesn't even deserve to be called ****. He's on a different level. Calling Johnson awful is an insult to Kyle Walker.
Reply 939
Don't see the need for panic/trolling. You lost 3-1 at the etihad, big deal. You were never gonna win the EPL anyway. Spurs will be a far more important game.

Quick Reply

Latest