The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Basiji
think it was sevchenko who made a really good point about balo.

all it takes is a bit of man marking and rough tackling to frustrate him, loses his cool and will start walking around the pitch offering 0% workrate.

mandzukic - marginal.

immobile - lol just no.

diego costa was never going to come to Arsenal.

anyways i'm talking about now. list me some players available now.

Agree with you on all counts bar Mandzukic. We really should've tried to get Lukaku, don't think Chelsea were ever going to let us have him though.
Original post by Pete_91
Better in all departments...finishing, heading, holding the ball up, link up play etc.

Similar player but much better at the same stuff.

i disagree.

they are extremely similar players. only difference is probably he's a better finisher even then i don't know how you can measure that. but hey.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't you have that striker who you're paying 100k a week for? Gibbs?

**** off you racist
Reply 5723
Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't you have that striker who you're paying 100k a week for? Gibbs?

He's out as well:rolleyes:
seen rumours about going in for welbeck as emergency cover given giroud is out..

Genuinly would not mind that - its not the signing I want, but as an extra striking option, I would not mind it..

He seemed good on occasion last season when playing up front for united, and has done ok for england.. given the service he would receive at arsenal, feel he could be a good adition, and may chip in to the goal tally..
I don't want that prick at my club. Lukaku can buzz off. Much rather have taken Ba.
Original post by jam278
**** off you racist

:cool:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I don't want that prick at my club. Lukaku can buzz off. Much rather have taken Ba.

Just because he likes to destroy your team.

Heck Drogba went on a free. There are clearly strikers available. I think Wenger will dip in the market but he's just waiting for the team to qualify for the CL.

Would lol hard if you don't make CL.
Reply 5728
We're going into the CL qualifier game with essentially no striker, no Arteta, no Ramsey, Monreal and possibly no Koscielny

is this for real
Remember when Henry did us a 3 month long favour...

If only :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What sort of bull**** is this?! Giroud is injured because someone kicked a ball at him! Wtf?!!

I juss don't know anymore :dontknow:

We will end up with Remy kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
That's not an excuse really

His stats are completely skewed playing for Bayern. All he did was tap in the supply from one of the best midfield's in Europe.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2013/2014/olivier_giroud/126/64/115/0/p|bundesliga/2013/2014/mario_mandzukic/66/66/13/0/p#assists/key_passes/chances_created/goals_scored/tackles_won/aerial_duels_won/aerial_duels_won_%/interceptions/clearances#total

It's so obvious Giroud works harder for the team. Plus he has 2 years of Prem experience under his belt
Original post by danielnkwocha
Remember when Henry did us a 3 month long favour...

If only :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Removing the sentimentality, he's **** now.
Getting a stop gap us pointless because when Oli I'd fit, the issue will still be not having a top quality striker.

I say just throw some money at PSG/Monaco to test the water at least, won't do any harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
We're being linked to Alessio Cerci now.
Reply 5734
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
We're being linked to Alessio Cerci now.

post sources with every link otherwise there will be a lot of " source"? :lol:
Original post by jam278
Just because he likes to destroy your team.

Heck Drogba went on a free. There are clearly strikers available. I think Wenger will dip in the market but he's just waiting for the team to qualify for the CL.

Would lol hard if you don't make CL.

Nah not really. It's the snidy comments and his whole demeanour.

Yeah OK thanks for that mate.
Original post by Peggles_*
No. Removing the sentimentality, he's **** now.
Getting a stop gap us pointless because when Oli I'd fit, the issue will still be not having a top quality striker.

I say just throw some money at PSG/Monaco to test the water at least, won't do any harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol he's a striker, which basically ticks every box now. Unless we cut Falcao a huge ass cheque like you say

Posted from TSR Mobile
Watch us recall Afobe. Maddest of madtings Arsene, got to do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honestly you guys are in trouble. You have no striker, Arteta, Ramsey out against a crunch tie vs Besiktas. Also your CBs aren't fully fit. I'm not sure if you can get past Besiktas tomorrow tbh.
Original post by jam278
Honestly you guys are in trouble. You have no striker, Arteta, Ramsey out against a crunch tie vs Besiktas. Also your CBs aren't fully fit. I'm not sure if you can get past Besiktas tomorrow tbh.

The players don't get their bonus otherwise, they'll put in a decent performance, want that extra £££

But if we don't get through, it's entirely our fault because we are just days away from the close of the window and haven't addressed the main issues we had.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest