The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, gonna call them tomorrow.

I know, it's ridiculous, I thought there was just a typing speed test I have no idea what the rest of the test is. :/

Thanks, I hope so too although I doubt it. :frown:

My cat's jumped on the desk and keeps rubbing himself on my fingers as I type. I like to think this is because he's a therapy cat and is trying to cheer me up but it's probably just because he's hungry. :tongue:

Ah I wish I could have a pet to cuddle :moon:

I'm watching a horror show again and I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1241
Evenin' :smile:

Aw, mine makes it very difficult to type but he's so fluffy and cute that I don't mind really. :colondollar:

Yea exactly! Over the keyboard, in front of the screen, everywhere :biggrin: Cats have no respect for geeking!
I know what you mean, when I was a kid I had a cat who was always there when I felt like **** and cuddling him made me feel a hell of a lot better. Good plan on getting one when you move. :smile:

Are you feeling better tonight btw? I saw you mention a man outside your window who was scaring you yesterday.

they just know dont they! there like psychic!
but they deffinately know how to make everyone feel better!

yeah, but not in the bedroom currently :tongue: hoping its not like last night.
Reply 1243
Hello everyone,

How are you preparing mentally for the upcoming academic year? anything worrying you at all?
Original post by Odd socks
Ah I wish I could have a pet to cuddle :moon:

I'm watching a horror show again and I know I shouldn't but I just can't help myself :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I hate horror shows, even the ads make me change tv channel they creep me out so much. :colondollar: Which one are you watching?

Original post by samba
Yea exactly! Over the keyboard, in front of the screen, everywhere :biggrin: Cats have no respect for geeking!

Indeed. Mine likes rubbing against the volume knob for my speakers either turning off the sound completely or turning it right up.
Original post by PandaWho
they just know dont they! there like psychic!
but they deffinately know how to make everyone feel better!

yeah, but not in the bedroom currently :tongue: hoping its not like last night.

Fingers crossed that it's not a repeat of last night. I agree with purple_duck that waking your boyfriend up would be a good idea if you find yourself struggling again.
Fingers crossed that it's not a repeat of last night. I agree with purple_duck that waking your boyfriend up would be a good idea if you find yourself struggling again.

hopefully!
he needed his sleep last night!
but i will :yep:
Oh I hate horror shows, even the ads make me change tv channel they creep me out so much. :colondollar: Which one are you watching?

Indeed. Mine likes rubbing against the volume knob for my speakers either turning off the sound completely or turning it right up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first season of American Horror Story, the plot is interesting but I'm certain I'll have to sleep with the lights on tonight
****. Didn't realise how upsetting this would be :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Posted from TSR Mobile

The first season of American Horror Story, the plot is interesting but I'm certain I'll have to sleep with the lights on tonight

I LOVE American horror story season 1!
Original post by lauraaaaa
I LOVE American horror story season 1!

I'm on the last episode and it's been good

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont even feel tired :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing
I know that feeling, it took me ages to get a job before I got my first one and then after I left that it took me ages again, but trust me keep trying one will come round eventually :smile:

Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
i may have to ask if we can get some paper bags...just for those stupid customers :wink: haha
no i didn't, i don't like sand and the beach haha even as a kid i used to sit on towels and lilos because i hated the feel of sand! :lol: aren't i a bundle of laughs? :tongue:

ahah yeah i learnt to drive in a polo, which was much more forgiving. I only ever stalled it a few times! So glad i don't have to do lessons anymore though, i'd never be able to learn now, my anxiety is too high and stuff! Just glad i've done forever now haha

The school counsellor was even worse. I only ever went to one session cos he was a complete prick. I know they won't all be like that, but my faith in getting and deserving help has just completely gone! I only need you guys :3 (cheese fest much :redface:)
Thank you m'dear :tongue:

Haha, indeed :colone:
:eek: Not even as a kid?! I'm saddened to admit I don't think I'm the greatest fan of sand now - mostly just skim stones whenever I beach - I think it's just too tiring making a sandcastle :colondollar: Lazy and pathetic as that sounds :tongue:
That's fair enough though :yep: :redface: Particularly when it goes and gives you blisters :unimpressed: (presumably partly down to sand? :dontknow:)

Haha, same :redface: Glad it's out the way.

:frown: Very suck-y :s-smilie: Woo :grouphugs: You definitely deserve help though :yes: :hugs:

Original post by WelshBluebird
Picard is defo the best captain!

And yeah was nice :smile:. Awww don't be scared of it :hugs:.
Cheers for the nice words btw :smile:. I feel even more meh today but thats just cos I'm ill :frown:.

Yeah I know what you mean. Even if they don't do anything to make you feel bad that fact still remains like.

:hugs:

Slightly less scared possibly now, though I know it will be when it gets closer, and from the last time I met up with people, just going to be anxious half the time, but oh well - I also know I'll enjoy seeing them/sort of need to so they don't forget me or something :redface:
:h: I'm sorry you're not feeling any better :frown: Ill is not good :nope: Was in bed a few days a couple weeks ago because of flu-y-ness, didn't help mood :s-smilie: :hugs: I hope you get better soon! :redface:

Yeah :s-smilie: :hugs: With this camping trip going to be double third-wheeling though :woo: :woo: (:colonhash: :tongue: :sigh:)

Yeah the monkeys gonna be about 18inches tall :eek:

Spoiler

He didnt know :tongue:

Managed to sleep :smile:

*gets ruler out* *realises you need more than 1 ruler* That is big! :eek:

Spoiler

Glad you got sleep okay :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by senz72
Don't really know how to feel to be honest. In a bit of a rut at the moment though.

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Sometimes I'm too depressed to apply for jobs, mainly due to past experiences of applying for many jobs and being rejected from everything (makes me feel awful :frown:). But luckily I managed to pluck up the courage to sit on my computer last night and today and apply for loads of jobs. I know I can only keep trying, and I'm feeling hopeful that I'll get something soon :smile:. I just came back home from my latest travels, and only need something between now and when I move to Edinburgh in November. Though, maybe I'll move there earlier if I can find a course I want to do that starts in August or September. Decisions, decisions....

Hope you had a good end to your trip! :smile: Is that edinburgh with your bf? Very exciting! Best move there before any possibly independence :tongue: :biggrin: (Though I hope they don't! :redface:)
Good luck for jobs/courses!

Original post by IDukem
So I got nominated for the ice bucket challenge annnnnd I want to do it, but I'm on Pay-As-You-Go and don't have enough credit for a donation and I can't find my phone :redface: What do I do? :tongue:

I imagine you can donate online with debit card/stuff? :redface: Though I suppose that's slightly less safe than via mobile credit, but I mean it's still safe!

Original post by bubble999
How's everyone doing?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by james1211
I'm sick of being constantly tired and physically drained - it's every day now and the Dr's just keep putting it down to stress. Blood test showed everything was fine apparently but I'm going to ring for the actual numbers tomorrow and see for myself if anything is maybe borderline.

Sorry that Dr's aren't helping much :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by tasha96
I DID IT!!!!!! :biggrin: :woo: :party: :jive:

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:

:woo: Well done!! That's great news :biggrin: :smile:

Original post by Porridge510
Feeling relaxed and free is very good. :smile: And calming. :smile: I ran down my road and my heart rate was fast for ages. Fitness level: 0.

Oh no. :redface: I can't imagine sleeping in a wet tent. :redface: I'm sure it'd be fine though.

I have no coping techniques I'm useless, well, breathing works sometimes. If I'm not alone. If I'm alone, I don't really calm down and my heart rate is like crazy. But soon I'll never be alone again. Well, its a year. :frown: But 1 year goes fast right. :frown:

I'm so depressed today, feeling really bad and like I have no friends. I've also been angry at things, for no reason. I'm snappy today, like a twig. Snap. I don't even know. What is going on with me right now, I'm typing rubbish.

Omg, that's so adorable. :biggrin: I need a pet duck in my life. I've never seen friends. I'm not into tv really, I go on and off it. I'll like eastenders and then I'll get bored of it and then like it again. Same with youtube. :confused:

It's the best :redface: I always find it odd that I need to be alone and talking to myself (or the animals/trees! (okay, sort of just talking to myself...)) to be able to get that :colondollar: I would be the same :redface: Always get redfaced so easily :s-smilie:

Well I'm hoping our tent doesn't leak over the next few days :redface: :biggrin: I don't think it's very nice at all :no: :colondollar:

:frown: :hugs: I can't remember whether you'd tried any therapy at all? I mean I don't know at all - but might be able to give you some coping techniques/how to combat the anxiety? Unfortunately there was a workshop at Uni about anxiety/managing it last term/year, but missed it because of a revision lecture :/ I have the slides from the workshop but haven't read through them yet. 1 year goes pretty fast I'd say :redface: This last year has for me, anyways :dontknow: :smile:

:hugs: Well I know that you have your boyfriend, and us! and I'm sure you have other friends too! :smile: Though I can relate to that feeling :sad: What's brown and sticky? :tongue:

Spoiler

Not typing rubbish :redface: I'm sorry you've been feeling like that today :console:

Ah okay :redface: I've sort of stopped a bit with TV (sort of, I mean I still watch it a bit when I'm home :redface:) If you get the chance to watch some then you should :redface: :smile:

Original post by 4TSR
Hello everyone,

How are you preparing mentally for the upcoming academic year? anything worrying you at all?

:hi: Not really doing anything tbh, besides thinking about it and worrying :colondollar: :tongue:
Welcome to the thread :smile:

I dont even feel tired :facepalm:

Wanna swap? :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorted out stuff today! :redface:

Booked train tickets just now, and getting a lift up with friends once I reach them. Half-packed this evening, and also tidied room a fair bit (well, a fair bit for me) and cleared out pet cage/hoovered and stuff :smile:

Also spent some more time with Aunt/Cousin today than I would probably normally choose to? But was quite nice in the end I guess :smile: Though :s-smilie: going to a restaurant - chose margerita again so was fine :redface: Always feel silly choosing it because what I'd really want is this nice tasty sounding burger that they had on the menu :unimpressed: But oh well :s-smilie: :dontknow:

Still really quite scared about what meeting friends will be like/staying with them for 4 days/all in 1 (big) tent, but I guess I'll just see how it goes.
One of the people going is super friendly and empathic - I mean the others are also friendly and (for the most part) quite empathic, but she's always just been extra nice - and is also quite quiet/more subdued like me (for the most part :colondollar:)

ALSO - Just to say in advance apologies for rubbish replying :colondollar: I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do about charging devices actually, but I guess I'll just see how it goes! :eek: Hope that someone has a car charger :tongue:
Blah, I feel so lonely. I keep feeling this way and I dunno how to make it stop. Kinda wish I had a best friend who's a lot like me, whom I could rely on for anything and always do things I enjoy with, so I wouldn't have to keep doing things alone. But I'm 22, probably too old to find anyone like that now. I do have a boyfriend, but it's not the same; we're in love but we're so different from each other. The long distance probably doesn't help much either. Meh, I dunno, I'll keep trying with this solitude thing, but it's hard sometimes.
Original post by purple-duck

Hope you had a good end to your trip! :smile: Is that edinburgh with your bf? Very exciting! Best move there before any possibly independence :tongue: :biggrin: (Though I hope they don't! :redface:)
Good luck for jobs/courses!

o

Thanks :smile:. I wasn't the best at the camp job, so unfortunately it ended a bit earlier than I wanted, but at least I still got to travel a bit and enjoyed it while it lasted :smile:

Yeah, I'm moving to Edinburgh to be near my boyfriend :yep:. I've already been accepted for a 6 month volunteer placement that'll get me free accomodation there (can't live in my boyfriend's parents' home, nor do I have money to rent a place), but I'll need a long term plan for paid work and/or studying, so hopefully something will work out.
Reply 1257
Original post by purple-duck

You are here quite a bit. Do you study? how old are you? and thanks :biggrin:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Try and have fun when you feel able, but there's nothing wrong with wanting some time on your own either. Maybe see if you can find a nice park to sit and relax in for an afternoon (one with nice shady trees)?

Yeah, am planning to do absolutely nothing today and have told my friend to go ahead and do whatever she wants. Hopefully she'll take me up on that and go somewhere that isn't here. Bit annoyed at myself, if I can't handle a holiday that doesn't really bode well for uni :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
I DID IT!!!!!! :biggrin: :woo: :party: :jive:

I survived my first day at college and people actually spoke to me through choice and it was brilliant AND I MADE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nutcase: :gasp: :ahee: :awesome:

SO ****ING PROUD OF YOU :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Bah, insurance company/pharmacy is being awkward so I still haven't started the new antipsychotic. Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow although I have a 3 hour exam in the afternoon and with the voices shouting like this I have no idea how I'm gonna concentrate. At the moment I'm not even sure I'm gonna bother turning up, I keep making mistakes and going back to fix them just on writing this post and part of the exam is a typing speed test so I'm ****ed. :frown:

:jumphug: Good luck with both exam and insurance thing.

Original post by Valvopus
Yeah, am planning to do absolutely nothing today and have told my friend to go ahead and do whatever she wants. Hopefully she'll take me up on that and go somewhere that isn't here. Bit annoyed at myself, if I can't handle a holiday that doesn't really bode well for uni :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be annoyed with yourself, holidays can be quite intense. And at uni you'll be able to structure your life more around what you need on a day to day basis. :smile:

Latest