The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eloades11
I completely agree, I'm so hooked on this second season at the moment :biggrin:

I like what they have done with the second season and how they've set the scene, it's completely different with the first one but just as interesting.

It's a bit slow paced for my liking but nevertheless great stuff. The build up is real :tongue: Excited for next Saturday :excited:

And this is the reason why I'm an anime fan :teeth:
(edited 9 years ago)
:hello:

Still not watching much anime, but BTOOOOM! did enough to get me interested in the manga- I was a sucker for Battle Royale, wanted more and that led me to discovering manga :nyoron:

Also started on the R1 DVDs I've had for years- first up Poni Pani Dash- Hau, Maho, Hau, Maho, Hau, Maho...

It has the 'hau' :excited:
Original post by Truered
:hello:

Still not watching much anime, but BTOOOOM! did enough to get me interested in the manga- I was a sucker for Battle Royale, wanted more and that led me to discovering manga :nyoron:

Also started on the R1 DVDs I've had for years- first up Poni Pani Dash- Hau, Maho, Hau, Maho, Hau, Maho...

:wavey:

What show is your avvie from, if you don't mind me asking :colone:
Original post by Binary Freak
:wavey:

What show is your avvie from, if you don't mind me asking :colone:

Higurashi (Kai) the second season of Higurashi.

I think most TSR oldbies associate me with Hanyuu :giggle:
My life is now just watching Binary's avatar on loop :innocent: I keep thinking it's from Another but I don't remember the bow... Nor her being so expressive at any one time.

Original post by Truered
Higurashi (Kai) the second season of Higurashi.

How is that by the way? Finally finished S1 and I sort of can't tell if I like it or not. Horror elements and the cycles are wonderful but i'm not engaged with any of the characters - Is it worth the time commitment?
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
My life is now just watching Binary's avatar on loop :innocent: I keep thinking it's from Another but I don't remember the bow... Nor her being so expressive at any one time.

It's Rikka from Chuunibyou!
What's your opinion on pedophilia being related with anime guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilzo999
I have a sudden urge to watch FMA Brotherhood again, good thing I watched it a few years ago and can't recall what happened :biggrin:.

i just finished watching it a couple days ago, great anime. Recommend any similar?
Original post by dash52
i just finished watching it a couple days ago, great anime. Recommend any similar?

I don't believe I know any similar anime as good as FMA, so hopefully someone more experienced can intervene :colone:.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
It's Rikka from Chuunibyou!

Ahh so it is, can't say i've ever seen it before so no wonder why :colondollar: Certainly pretty simular looking:

Original post by dash52

You'll have to forgive me if I rec things you've already seen. D. Gray-man is a fairly obvious choice, adventure shounen, fairly dark but with a lot of humour and action. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/dgrayman

Pumpkin Scissors - Think FMA without the magic and more of a focus on the military. It's more episodic than FMA but each one is used to gain more development to the post-war world and the internal politics. FMA is probably the better anime but I really like it. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/pumpkin-scissors

Darker than Black - More IRL setting but the magic element works much the same to the 'law of exchange' and there's still the violent action side to it. Less humour in this one and more conspiracy thriller but it's very taut and really worth a watch: http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/darker-than-black

Trigun - Halfway between Cowboy Bebop and FMA. Both animes are pretty light hearted with silly characters that have that darker edge to them. Both have really good fantasy setting and a lot of action. Trigun is rather more episodic though. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/trigun

Xam'd Lost Memories as well, ala FMA it's a journey to get home full of action, humour and drama/tragedy. Both have the military aspect and for my money it has better characters. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/xamd-lost-memories

From the New World - More Sci-fi this time round, i'd rec this one if what you liked about FMA was the themes over the setting and the shounen elements. http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/from-the-new-world

Fate/Zero - Sort of the dark side of magic again but much more of a slow burn than FMA:B http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/fate-zero

And of course Code Geass. Because Code Geass. Fairy Tail works too but it's much more light hearted than FMA.
*is back* :hello:

Had a good time at Reading, Bristol, Wells, Westbury-sub-Mendip and the various other places I ended up at. Didn't watch much in the way of anime, apart from the Fake OVA (meh) and three episodes of Night Wizard (also meh). A lot of time and money was spent planning a future cosplay, though. :biggrin:

I usually come back from this annual trip with a pile of manga, but that didn't happen either since everything I buy is for my Kindle. However, I was tempted by a Jewel BEM Hunter Lime art book that I found in an Oxfam charity shop for £2.99, because that's the kind of obscure thing I love, and am highly unlikely to find again. :zomg: It's like this one, but missing the obi. The second of two, apparently. :beard:

Anime-wise, I bought RG Veda at the same Oxfam shop, as the friend I was visiting collects anime on VHS... turns out she already had it, though, so now I have my first (non-Pokemon, Digimon etc) anime VHS tape. :biggrin: I've not watched RG Veda, but will probably download it instead of going through the effort of setting up a VCR. :p:

Original post by Truered

Long time no see! :biggrin: Though I did think of you recently, after the character Muse made her first appearance in Tenshi ni Narumon! :p:

May I urge everybody to watch episode 8 of Space Dandy as soon as they can?
Watanabe Shinichiro has two shows in one season and easily secures both top spots. <333

Although Zankyou no Terror is a little more generic and unbelievable than I'd hoped.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
*is back* :hello:

Had a good time at Reading, Bristol, Wells, Westbury-sub-Mendip and the various other places I ended up at. Didn't watch much in the way of anime, apart from the Fake OVA (meh) and three episodes of Night Wizard (also meh). A lot of time and money was spent planning a future cosplay, though. :biggrin:

I usually come back from this annual trip with a pile of manga, but that didn't happen either since everything I buy is for my Kindle. However, I was tempted by a Jewel BEM Hunter Lime art book that I found in an Oxfam charity shop for £2.99, because that's the kind of obscure thing I love, and am highly unlikely to find again. :zomg: It's like this one, but missing the obi. The second of two, apparently. :beard:

Anime-wise, I bought RG Veda at the same Oxfam shop, as the friend I was visiting collects anime on VHS... turns out she already had it, though, so now I have my first (non-Pokemon, Digimon etc) anime VHS tape. :biggrin: I've not watched RG Veda, but will probably download it instead of going through the effort of setting up a VCR. :p:

Long time no see! :biggrin: Though I did think of you recently, after the character Muse made her first appearance in Tenshi ni Narumon! :p:

Hnnng :colondollar:

I've been getting some manga from Waterstones recently, amazon are about the same price, and if I spend £100 I get a £10 gift card :nyoron:

Picked up the rerelease of Monster last week, I wanted to collect it years ago, but was out of stock by then. Flicked through it, and kept going just to see the developments- looks very interesting. I've also started collecting Nisekoi, My little Monster, Ranma 1/2 and Inyuyasha from that shop...they started the gift card voucher offer after I'd bought most of it :cry:
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone

How is that by the way? Finally finished S1 and I sort of can't tell if I like it or not. Horror elements and the cycles are wonderful but i'm not engaged with any of the characters - Is it worth the time commitment?

I can't really give an unbiased answer, I enjoyed it, but I liked most of the characters. If you don't care for them it probably isn't worth it.

The eventual truth or resolution is quite odd :yes:
ANOTHER new Anime-Planet feature: the site now gives personal recommendations based on the tag(s) you have marked as loved. A quick way to get recommendations for specific shows, e.g. horror, sci-fi... ecchi :ninja:
Original post by Truered
Hnnng :colondollar:

I've been getting some manga from Waterstones recently, amazon are about the same price, and if I spend £100 I get a £10 gift card :nyoron:

Picked up the rerelease of Monster last week, I wanted to collect it years ago, but was out of stock by then. Flicked through it, and kept going just to see the developments- looks very interesting. I've also started collecting Nisekoi, My little Monster, Ranma 1/2 and Inyuyasha from that shop...they started the gift card voucher offer after I'd bought most of it :cry:

I really liked watching My little monster. That was quiet cool.

I spend too much money on other things to collect manga right now ;-; Have some Death Note, Bakuman and an issue of Owari no Serafu though haha

Sent from my HTC One (M8) Gold using tapatalk.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
ANOTHER new Anime-Planet feature: the site now gives personal recommendations based on the tag(s) you have marked as loved. A quick way to get recommendations for specific shows, e.g. horror, sci-fi... ecchi :ninja:

Lolirific vampires.

Who's been messing around on my account? :ninja:

I have made the move into blu rays over the last year or so. Got screwed when Cowboy Bebop and Steins;Gate got a complete collection release :grumble:

Been waiting for Sword Art Online to get cheap on either format, even after seeing AJ's opinion a while back.
Original post by Truered
I can't really give an unbiased answer, I enjoyed it, but I liked most of the characters. If you don't care for them it probably isn't worth it.

The eventual truth or resolution is quite odd :yes:

In which case I shall skip and save myself a fair amount of time, merci :yep:

Ha, it was never going to be perfect was it? Paranoia Agent was the only anime centred around a messed up mystery i've seen that really delievers on the ending, although I quick like how insane Another went.
Original post by Truered
Been waiting for Sword Art Online to get cheap on either format, even after seeing AJ's opinion a while back.

Meh, I can't convince everyone. :tongue: Though I think I successfully put the friends I was visiting over the weekend off from ever watching it. :proud:
Apparently Kuroko no Basket is ending this week. There's an alleged final colour page floating around on the internet but nothing has been confirmed yet. Hopefully if true this means the 3rd season of the anime will be able to fully adapt the manga including the proper ending.

Latest