The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
Good good, he should be making an appearance any minute then.

I was going to make a sarcy comment about him not being as sad as the rest of us, but I just saw he's posting again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Don't see the need for panic/trolling. You lost 3-1 at the etihad, big deal. You were never gonna win the EPL anyway. Spurs will be a far more important game.

couldn't agree more samba
obviously you're happy that we lost, but at least you acknowledge how redundant and desperate it is to try to troll liverpool right now.

i would say if we lost to spurs next week, that's fair enough
but we aren't on city's level, i don't really get it.
Original post by Lúcio
obviously you're happy that we lost, but at least you acknowledge how redundant and desperate it is to try to troll liverpool right now.

still can't take your name seriously

i could say exactly the same to you...

manchester united
lol
Original post by Lúcio

manchester united
lol

tfw your club can sign good players :coma:
Original post by Lúcio

manchester united
lol

Someone get an ice bucket in here real quick

We gotta burned man utd fan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 946
Original post by Lúcio

Yea, I must admit I walked into a restaurant in London around the 80min mark, saw 3-0, and smiled. Interesting to see how Markovic will do if he starts and isn't against defenders already tired/less bothered about giving him room. Your major problem is Gerrard/Can for me. Gerrard seems to be losing it, and I never rated Can much. Seems a bit of an FM signing. Balotelli should at least make life interesting around there!
Original post by Lúcio
it's a lovely feeling when opposing fans are so desperate to troll you, they do so because you lost to the current champions away at their fortress.

strong wumming guys...

When Arsenal lose to Man City at the Etihad it will be dished out to us too.

If people cannot take it then they should not give it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Yea, I must admit I walked into a restaurant in London around the 80min mark, saw 3-0, and smiled. Interesting to see how Markovic will do if he starts and isn't against defenders already tired/less bothered about giving him room. Your major problem is Gerrard/Can for me. Gerrard seems to be losing it, and I never rated Can much. Seems a bit of an FM signing. Balotelli should at least make life interesting around there!

of course; that's the whole point of being a fan - some clubs you like to see win, some clubs you like to see lose.
i can't really give an assessment of the match since i was at work and i've only heard/read reports about it.

gerrard is of course an ageing player - his strengths certainly aren't in defence or mobility, but his set-piece/passing abilities can make him invaluable to us in a match.

i think as a whole the team played badly (from what i hear)
obviously disappointed to lose even though i expected it
but more disappointed to hear that we didn't play anywhere near what we're capable of.
however that's football; you can't play well every game.

Original post by Mr Pink
When Arsenal lose to Man City at the Etihad it will be dished out to us too.

If people cannot take it then they should not give it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah, not unless you get thrashed.
man city and chelsea are above everyone else - we all know that
it's only funny when arsenal ship 6 goals to each of them in a match.
Reply 949
Feel sorry for Skrtel to be honest. In 2 games, he's done nothing wrong, and he's our 2nd scapegoat after Glen Johnson.

He made 2 MASSIVE interceptions today that, had he failed, would've resulted in City goals
Original post by Lúcio
of course; that's the whole point of being a fan - some clubs you like to see win, some clubs you like to see lose.
i can't really give an assessment of the match since i was at work and i've only heard/read reports about it.

gerrard is of course an ageing player - his strengths certainly aren't in defence or mobility, but his set-piece/passing abilities can make him invaluable to us in a match.

i think as a whole the team played badly (from what i hear)
obviously disappointed to lose even though i expected it
but more disappointed to hear that we didn't play anywhere near what we're capable of.
however that's football; you can't play well every game.

nah, not unless you get thrashed.
man city and chelsea are above everyone else - we all know that
it's only funny when arsenal ship 6 goals to each of them in a match.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Of course they will, people were giving it out because we only won the Palace game late on and halfway through the Everton game.
https://vine.co/v/MlqKXxJnrKO

Don't know if it's been posted
Original post by Pete_91
It'll be like Arteta vs Chelsea at the bridge...

He did well that game. :colonhash:

Original post by Kenan and Kel

LOOOOOOOOOOOL.

I'm dead.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 953

haha brilliant.

Shows how much he's gone down in people's opinions. He was never that good at defending but one thing he was good at was covering in behind for slow CB's. Now that he doesn't even do that, he is essentially useless in defence. He used to get away with being **** at defending because he was good going forward, but nowadays he looks so lost as soon as he steps into the opposition half. He never knows what to do with the ball and takes all day to make his mind up, by which time someone's normally taken it from him.

Worst off all though is the attitude. If he actually looked remotely interested, I think people would lay off him a bit. But there is nothing more infuriating than watching him lose the ball in their half and then slowly walk back whilst they are countering. If he's not fit enough to get back, then don't bloody go up.

I honestly don't think he's even Premier League standard any more. He would struggle to get into any relegation-threatened team. I honestly think if you gave me a couple weeks to get fit then I could do a better job than he does right now. Probably most people on this forum could do a better job than him.
(edited 9 years ago)

Haha I know, such a try hard name.
I saw the first two Jovetic goals but can't seem to find highlights to all the goals.

Thought we looked better in the first half although opened apart by Moreno's mistake. Was always going to be difficult once we were behind.

It's a huge shame but I did think this fixture was too early for us - the new players haven't settled yet whereas Man City haven't changed much of their squad this summer.

Hopefully we get something from Spurs next week.
The 'banter' level on here is appalling
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Starting XI against Spurs needs to be:

Mignolet, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Manquillo, Gerrard, Henderson, Markovic, Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling.

No Allen.

Our midfield would lose that battle extremely easily.

Hahahaha.
Original post by AR_95
Funnily enough you were way more potent in that game seeing as it was arguably meant to be 2-2

Going from 2-1 to 3-0 is quite the jump :lol:

3-1, so not so quite the jump and I doubt Suarez would have improved the defence. That being said, our attack isn't quite the same without Suarez, Sturridge was probably too used to having him around and he kept having to drop deep to make something happen, Coutinho didn't have a good game so nothing was happening for him. It was noticable when LambGOAT came on that we looked a bit more threatening (LambGOAT forced an own goal and should of scored another) so having two forwards is probably best for our system, hopefully BalGOATelli will be able to fill some of the big void Suarez left in our attack.

PS, I blame United fans for me overusing GOAT -_-
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest